Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,446 comments
For as much as people (quite rightly) complained against the lacklustre career in GT7, I'm of a mind to give Turn10 the same feedback.

How are you going to launch a racing game, with no events to use race cars in?

It's like if in the next call of duty, they added a bunch of new guns, but no ammo for them.

Sure, you can use them in multiplayer, but at the moment for single player - they are useless

I don't think it's asking too much to have events for racing cars in a racing game...
Sure it's bad, but I don't think it's on the same level of having a set number of unconnected cafe events and then just going straight to credits. That affected every car I drove (and led to me dropping the game) rather than just one category of cars, bad though that is.

Aparently E46 M3 GTR does not come with wing as stock and Titansilber is now brown?😅 This is rented car from Free Play on Series X Performance RT mode.
5b687574-7cd1-4f3f-9b49-433835027a52.png

The GTR's colour has been wrong since its reintroduction during the Xbox One era for whatever reason (their new lighting model makes it look worse), but the removal of the wing is also pretty baffling.

Something cool I noticed - I don't think it's in Horizon?

If you go to paint a race car, and don't change the body colour, if you go straight to add decals it'll keep the original livery and just remove the logo decals on it. Giving you a blank canvas with a colour scheme already in place. For example, if you add decals to the TS040 without changing the body colour first, you'll still have the red, white and blue livery on it just with no manufacturer logos. Pretty cool!

Last edited:
Also, I have a cursor in the middle of my screen that wo t go away. WTF?
I had this problem as well, basically the most common issue seems to be the game registering some USB peripheral as a mouse (in my case it was a number pad I use as a button box). The other thing that seems to work, open Edge on your console, move the mouse around, and then go back to game and it should go away. These are, of course, workarounds, not proper fixes.

Using iRacing as my reference, some of the tracks feel really off. I find it hard to believe that these are all laser scanned.

The cars are also hit and miss. Some look really good, some look like they came from previous gen FM games. There are a few that look like they came straight from FM3/FM4, they’re so old that even the headlights look oxidized.

Last edited:
Just had GTX Sportscars multiplayer race at Eagle Rock. Far and away the most fun I’ve had playing this game. Most of the lobby were in the Trans Am Cutlass which resembles a pretty extreme 80s Cup car, and the way its so fast and loose was perfect for a short and flat track like Eagle Rock. Super close racing through the lobby too.

With a lot of race cars losing logos from their liveries, and some losing their liveries entirely, happy to the Skyline Super Silhouette actually gained some of its logos from its FM7 counterpart. Now has an accurate livery.
That's one feature Turn Ten seriously needs to fix. Culprits of this are the following:

• 2017 Aston Martin #7 Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • 2018 Audi #44 Audi R8 LMS
  • 2014 Bentley #17 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
  • 2017 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima
  • 1999 Nissan #23 NISMO Clarion R391 (DLC)
  • 1984 Nissan #20 Coca-Cola Bluebird Super Silhouette
  • 2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
  • 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI (DLC)
Any other cars I missed?

That's one feature Turn Ten seriously needs to fix. Culprits of this are the following:

• 2017 Aston Martin #7 Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • 2018 Audi #44 Audi R8 LMS
  • 2014 Bentley #17 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
  • 2017 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima
  • 1999 Nissan #23 NISMO Clarion R391 (DLC)
  • 1984 Nissan #20 Coca-Cola Bluebird Super Silhouette
  • 2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
  • 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI (DLC)
Any other cars I missed?
I’ve just assumed it’s licensing related. During FM7s lifespan, the two Penske Porsches had their liveries initially, and then lost them in an update a while later.

NVidia has a Game ready driver for FM out now

Nvidia filters now work in game
I installed the new driver, and noticed that while my maximum fps didn't seem to change, the lows have improved. i.e. frame rates are now more stable and don't drop as much when you go past the pit lane or at the start of the race off the grid.

Apparently, a user on the r/forza Discord server named Design Labz found that you can access locked cars using Driver Buckets in Private Multiplayer sessions via the rules tab when creating a session. Since you don't own one of the locked cars (e.g. Oreca 07), the game forces you to drive one, even if you cannot rent it.
Screenshot (194).png

Last edited:
With a lot of race cars losing logos from their liveries, and some losing their liveries entirely, happy to the Skyline Super Silhouette actually gained some of its logos from its FM7 counterpart. Now has an accurate livery.
I could just be overthinking, but, I wonder if logos are missing due to the new way of licensing things, and to make it easier for us they’ve done what I mentioned about keeping the livery colours so we can easily add the logos ourselves and they don’t lose the cars due to licences expiring?

Last edited:
So, as far as the race cars go, can you actually use them in a custom race and time trial? Also, does it have the 1/4 mile drag strips?
Gotta say, I'm somewhat disappointed by the problems and setbacks which seem to be plaguing the game.
The way it was being touted seemed to suggest something completely revolutionary...

Last edited:
There are currently no drag strips in the game, sadly.
Yep, just as I suspected, unfortunately. That's something I really enjoyed in previous FMs. I guess the question that has to be asked is what does it do better than previous games, other than improved graphics and perhaps physics? It's certainly not car count, nor features like the drag strips or even circuit count...

Last edited:
Regarding new customization here is few that i can find.
wing.png

This trunk mounted wing is a new forza aero, replacing the previous roof mounted one.

sti aero.png

No rocket bunny for the new BRZ but it got STI aero package including the wing

amg one.png

AMG One engine bay can also be viewed on forzavista now. Can't be done on FH5.

I guess the question that has to be asked is what does it do better than previous games
What I like more about the new FM 23 vs. FM 7:

• Car physics
  • Damage mechanical physics
  • Pits
  • New track scans and their respective physics
  • Adding weekly career tours
  • User Interface
  • New cars weekly free
  • New tracks monthly free
  • Dynamic weather and time of day on every track
  • Practice
  • Race Regulations
  • Segment tracker
  • Elimination of **** cars like Halo Warthog and Limos

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the last 10+ races I've done in FM2023 on both PC and Xbox (spanning sunny, cloudy, rain, night, rain+night) all looked very good. It's starting to make me wonder if something changed on their end somehow, because I was expecting at least 1-2 of the 10 to look weird due to FM2023 being inconsistent under varying lighting conditions....

I took a comparative shot of the new M3 in both FH5 and FM2023 under sunny daylight and I have to say that the differences in overall appearance are small (waiting for the new picture to upload to Onedrive in order to share).

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the last 10+ races I've done in FM2023 on both PC and Xbox (spanning sunny, cloudy, rain, night, rain+night) all looked very good. It's starting to make me wonder if something changed on their end somehow, because I was expecting at least 1-2 of the 10 to look weird due to FM2023 being inconsistent under varying lighting conditions....

I took a comparative shot of the new M3 in both FH5 and FM2023 under sunny daylight and I have to say that the differences in overall appearance are small (waiting for the new picture to upload to Onedrive in order to share).
I was doing a race where it had started to rain, and then the rain started to really pick up. The audio from the rain drops had also changed and became more intense. That was the coolest thing for me. It sounded so good!

Using iRacing as my reference, some of the tracks feel really off. I find it hard to believe that these are all laser scanned.

The cars are also hit and miss. Some look really good, some look like they came from previous gen FM games. There are a few that look like they came straight from FM3/FM4, they’re so old that even the headlights look oxidized.
Could be placebo / different camera / etc but I felt the same with Suzuka.

Back