Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,449 comments
I know, its been so difficult to come up with a more comprehensive career mode at launch. Its not like the last game was released in 2017... It has taken 6 years (SIX YEARS) to come up with a career mode at launch that has:
  • Fewer events than before
  • Fewer championships than before
  • ZERO Motorsport races.

Can anyone tell me WHY we can't have a career mode that has 200/300 events in it anymore? AND have GaaS on top of that?
Well I agree on this. The builders cup as they have it now could have been the first part of singleplayer career mode. Next to it they could have added a professional cup which would be entirely focussed on race cars (old and new), perhaps without all the upgrading focus since race cars most of the time don’t have that much upgrades to begin with.

I'd give us a bit more credit than that. T10 have shown in the past that they will make changes over time. For example, FM7 had multiple changes to the Drivatar system, so it's not unreasonable to think that if enough people voice complaints about the current AI, T10 will address it much sooner than later. IIRC, the first Drivatar update came in FM7's second month.

It's part of the reason I'm willing to give the game time, personally.
I am relatively new to Forza, but I do think FM23 is much more likely to improve significantly than GT7.

We have more power to change things than you think, I've learned that from another user on this site. Criticizing the games and calling developers out can actually make things happen sometimes.

Okay, be that way. Just don't be surprised if more people bring these topics up again.
And having only played FM7 since 2020, I note that all cars are available to purchase via the Car Collection menu and that there are no lootbox mechanics.

Everyone should have just accepted lootboxes in FM7 because that was just the normal business/game model then and consumers have next to no power to change anything? Because without consumers complaining you 100% would still have lootboxes in FM7 and would also have them in FM23.

My philosophy - consumers should NEVER accept the substandard.

Why do I get ONE driver suit in FM23 for having played 8 Forza games? Suits are another downgrade from FM7 currently.

To close, I'm aware I'm constantly sounding negative on this thread. I don't WANT to be because I HUGELY enjoy the game handling, presentation (I love the animations where you get in and out of your can), the career setup, I also like the levelling system (just needs a bit of tweaking which is not unreasonable with a completely new system).

But I can't play Multiplayer because unlike the Career mode, the stress of competing against real people makes me feel unwell (I managed to complete the 3 intro races but don't see me doing much else in MP apart from Rivals where i dont feel stress).

Therefore I don't have the luxury of accepting a substandard single player career mode.

EDIT: I've just realised. It's a poor career mode because they want you in multiplayer. Which requires paying for Game Pass.

Last edited:
What I really hate about Forza Horizon is that there are so many cars that you can only win by participating in Forza, but you can't just buy them later.
So if you go on holiday or just play something else for a few weeks, you can only hope to find the cars in the auction house... I hope so much that this won't be the case with Forza Motorsport anymore... for me, the worst UX decision ever from Turn 10.

The player numbers look really really dire unfortunally. That might kill the „live service“ part and most likely the franchise very soon if they don’t pick up.

Estimations are at 120.000 players across GP and Steam.

Last edited:
The player numbers look really really dire unfortunally. That might kill the „live service“ part and most likely the franchise very soon if they don’t pick up.

Estimations are at 120.000 players across GP and Steam.
No one has Game Pass or Xbox numbers.

People tried to make the same claims with Starfield as it didn't seem to perform as well on Steam as expected. Starfield is the best selling Bethesda game that has been released, something you would not guess from Steam numbers. It's hard to beat GamePass price.

My friends list since release has had at least 15-20 people playing every night.

I'm playing with a group of people and we got 14 people in a private lobby last night just with our group.

I also expect the overwhelming majority of non-GP sales to be console sales, which is another metric we cannot measure.

I am not claiming it is the best selling Forza Motorsport title, I am claiming that we can't properly measure the games success. No one expected it to do better than Horizon.

Last edited:
But I can't play Multiplayer because unlike the Career mode, the stress of competing against real people makes me feel unwell (I managed to complete the 3 intro races but don't see me doing much else in MP apart from Rivals where i dont feel stress).

Therefore I don't have the luxury of accepting a substandard single player career mode.

EDIT: I've just realised. It's a poor career mode because they want you in multiplayer. Which requires paying for Game Pass.
You could always try the temporary and less popular mp lobbies, like the GTX series we had launch. I had a terrible start but didn't have any impatient players behind me and improved in just a few races. I agree about T10 wanting you in mp, I said so much in my *** Xbox review. And to be fair that seems to be the one thing most people are positive about. I'm kind of skeptical about how much single player content we'll actually get but I'm not gonna stress about it, I'm enjoying it right now and I can always go back to PC 2.

People tried to make the same claims with Starfield as it didn't seem to perform as well on Steam as expected. Starfield is the best selling Bethesda game that has been released, something you would not guess from Steam numbers. It's hard to beat GamePass price.

My friends list since release has had at least 15-20 people playing every night.

I'm playing with a group of people and we got 14 people in a private lobby last night just with our group.

I also expect the overwhelming majority of non-GP sales to be console sales, which is another metric we cannot measure.
^this. Steam =\= Xbox. Same happens with PC versions of PS games on Steam as well. As of right now, Starfield is the number one game being played on Xbox. That doesn't mean it's the number one game being played on Steam. In fact, it's #1 on Xbox and #21 on Steam as of this post.

^this. Steam =\= Xbox. Same happens with PC versions of PS games on Steam as well. As of right now, Starfield is the number one game being played on Xbox. That doesn't mean it's the number one game being played on Steam. In fact, it's #1 on Xbox and #21 on Steam as of this post.
Yes, but Starfield has had 300k Players at peak in Steam and 10 Million Copies sold in its first week

Yes, but Starfield has had 300k Players at peak in Steam and 10 Million Copies sold in its first week
I guess technically we're only on day 2 of actual release for Forza, not everyone will have purchased the Ultimate/Premium versions.

Starfield had greater than 1,000,000+ across all platforms for peak concurrent players. That means over 700,000+ were non-Steam players.

It would be no doubt in my mind that the difference would be even more slanted towards Xbox for Forza.

Last edited:
I appreciate that, but that's not launch content. The first set of races with actual race cars don't unlock for a few weeks yet.
It's in the game at launch, that's launch content. If these events were added say a month later, then yes, I'd consider it post-launch content.

I fired up the game for the first time last night via Cloud Gaming. I played through the Builders Cup Intro and the first 4 races of the BRZ featured races. I can definitely feel a difference in the car handling compared to FM7.

The car leveling system doesn't seem too bad. I had the BRZ up to level 12 by the end of those 4 races with the practice sessions. How many people that are complaining about the leveling system skip the practice sessions?

I haven't had a race in the rain yet to test weather physics.

The AI seem to be hit and miss, sometimes I didn't have an issue other times they were braking for no reason or divebombing corners, even hitting the pit wall during practice. It needs an overhaul.

My biggest issue is with the cloud servers. They are horrendous and I ended up having to 'refresh' the connection several times to get the graphics to clear up again. It's not my connection, I have fiber and my Xbox is hardwired to my router.

Last edited:
I bought the game yesterday but couldn't play until today due to the download time, which was really slow. Anyway, I have a lot of good things to say.

-No legendary dealership for cars with stupidly high prices
-The events aren't arranged in a stupid "world map"
-Championships aren't too long, but they aren't too short either
-No 2 lap races
-Physics are good and the cars behave predictably
-No Scapes
-No GT Auto
-No random factoids about things which don't relate to cars
-No crappy music which doesn't reflect the mood
-No Brand Central
-No "Museum" or "Channel" sections
-Fantastic car list with a lot of new, current and legendary vehicles
-AI aren't as pathetic as GT7's. Some do act strangely but that makes the racing more fun for me
-No rolling starts where the leader is 40 seconds ahead before you've started
-You can paint your car any colour you like before buying it
-Car sound quality is better than GT7
-You can adjust fuel load before the start of the race - something you can't do in GT7
-Track atmosphere is better than GT7, with plenty of spectators, tents, helicopters, blimps, etc
-You can earn money in free play
-Dynamic time and weather is available for every track
-Consistent penalties
-Car points aren't as problematic as I thought they would be
-Australian cars
-No microtranscations
-No fake concept cars
-No stupid class structure
-Not all gearboxes act the same way
-No dirt racing of any description
-No whimsical animations or corny sound effects
-Menus aren't a pain to navigate
-Free play modes are SEPARATE from career mode events
-Cars are really cheap
-Track selection is small but none of them are utter garbage
-No cafe or menu books to complete
-Lotus

Finally, a racing game that focuses on cars and racing without trying to be all things to all enthusiasts. Forza Motorsport knows what it is and doesn't have a host of stupid, superfluous features that are completely useless to the core gameplay. The car points system is the only thing that I'd consider questionable, but I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. Especially when you compare it to some of the awful design choices in GT7... And I haven't even got to the post-launch support. Gran Turismo 7 will need to a LOT to bring me back, probably more than they could reasonably be expected to do. Forza Motorsport has a lot of the modern cars that I want to drive, and a few legendary cars that GT7 STILL doesn't have. I'm going to stick with this game for a while.
I love Gt7,I still play it though not so much now but totally agree with almost all of this.Having to wait until a car appears at legends dealer just to complete a cafe menu still baffles me.But,it is what is.
Loving FM2023 so far,I know the upgrade system is maybe questionable but im happy with what ive seen so far.Be good.

DId some A/B with GT7, both are more similar than different at the end of the day. Turn on game and you are going to like what you see, you are going to like how the car handles, and you are going to like driving it around tracks. I pre ordered the $99.99 edition and pre installled before cancelling my pre-order. I picked up the $70 physical yesterday. I have 20 plus cars in my garage and $550,000 in credits and I am not sure why. They have a shopping cart logo at the upper left hand side, but says I own them. I purchased about 4 and they don't have that cart at the top left. It has booted me back to Xbox main menu from that screen about 5 times so far. The AI is going to be faster than GT7, period. PSVR2 is still the top feature at this point. Cars may feel better in Forza at the lower end and GT7 towards the top end going off of PI or PP. Forza may have a higher sense of speed. The A/B falls away pretty quickly and both are worth owning and I would not recommend getting a second console for the former or latter.

How many people that are complaining about the leveling system skip the practice sessions?

I haven't had a race in the rain yet to test weather physics.
No, some people complaining, want to upgrade cars without the need to drive them first.

The rain physics are pretty tame unless you have race tires and forget to put on wets :dunce:

But if the content isn't accessible at launch - how is it launch content?

Sorry - not trying to come across as awkward, just curious as to your rationale.
Same logic with locked quests or areas in RPGs or other games. The content is there at launch, just not accessible immediately, most of the time it's progression locked. In this case it's a timed unlocked.

Starfield had 10 million players, not sales. Big difference.

Starfield is not the best-selling Bethesda game. Only the one with the most players.

Was in the process of levelling my GT3 RS to see which bodykit option it had when it actually turned up in my race. It has the same issue of track width not being applied so I assume they'll be fixing those soon (and hopefully adding non-widebody track width options back)
1697028572534.png

1697028597005.png

Not a bad looking kit though, a bit like an RSR at home.

To close, I'm aware I'm constantly sounding negative on this thread. I don't WANT to be because I HUGELY enjoy the game handling, presentation (I love the animations where you get in and out of your can), the career setup, I also like the levelling system (just needs a bit of tweaking which is not unreasonable with a completely new system).

In my opinion, don't worry about it. Some sensitive people might poo emoji you for hurting their video game's feelings or something, but it's a new game with some questionable and/or divisive decisions, that is full of bugs (like many new games nowadays) and has some issues, and pointing them out is how you shine the spotlight on them and can hopefully get them fixed or addressed... Or, at the very least, make the community aware of them so that they can start working on ways to minimize the issue or find alternative methods, or aren't surprised or confused by a bug when it happens to them.

Besides, it's kinda human nature to point out the things that annoy/disappoint us while we enjoy the aspects we like without mentioning them as much, because of the sort of "contrast" making the flaws stand out more. For that reason I personally don't mind if someone is bringing up "negative" things as it's probably a sign they are enjoying it overall, or at least trying to.

Have you tried easing into multiplayer stuff, just doing some online races with friends in private? It could help you settle into the whole experience in a friendlier environment, and with some time you could come to enjoy it. You can also join the "Featured Multiplayer" lobbies as a group if you group up before you choose one of the lobbies, that way you have some allies to help spot troublemakers to avoid, and so that when someone rams you at turn 1 then you have people to commiserate with. :lol:

Back when I first got Xbox Live for Forza Motorsport 1, I was pretty nervous about online racing at first. For me it wasn't stress over competition, I was more worried that I'd make a mistake and bonk someone and upset them or something. I remember I avoided it for around a week but finally jumped into it and my worries melted quickly, as literally my first race I was doored off the track at turn 1 by some guy playing music into his mic, and I realized I didn't have much to worry about.

Was in the process of levelling my GT3 RS to see which bodykit option it had when it actually turned up in my race. It has the same issue of track width not being applied so I assume they'll be fixing those soon (and hopefully adding non-widebody track width options back)
View attachment 1294266
View attachment 1294269

Not a bad looking kit though, a bit like an RSR at home.
Genuinely do not know how the game got shipped with this.

Maybe even the staff couldn't be bothered to level up their cars to get the Wide Body kits.

Last edited:
Genuinely do not know how the game got shipped with this.

Maybe even the staff couldn't be bothered to level up their cars to get the Wide Body kits.
Player cars get track width changes with bodykits, AI cars don't. So as a player it is only a visual problem on AI cars, not as ones own cars

Player cars get track width changes with bodykits, AI cars don't. So as a player it is only a visual problem on AI cars, not as ones own cars
Ah right, interesting! I have had it when I apply Alloy wheels to non-bodykit cars, the tuck is horrendous. Puts me off using certain aftermarket wheels.

No, some people complaining, want to upgrade cars without the need to drive them first.
If you've been playing racing games long enough, you kind of know what basic upgrades a car is going to need even before you drive it. I don't have to drive a GTO Judge for an hour plus to know that it's going to need better tires, brakes, tighter suspension, and a diff in order for it to be somewhat capable on a track.

Like I said before, I don't think it's a terrible system if you are a brand new player, as it helps you to see what a significant effect even small upgrades can have, but it should be optional. And then there's the fact that if you want to have two examples of the same car, you have to level them both up. It is very, very flawed.

If you've been playing racing games long enough, you kind of know what basic upgrades a car is going to need even before you drive it. I don't have to drive a GTO Judge for an hour plus to know that it's going to need better tires, brakes, tighter suspension, and a diff in order for it to be somewhat capable on a track.

Like I said before, I don't think it's a terrible system if you are a brand new player, as it helps you to see what a significant effect even small upgrades can have, but it should be optional. And then there's the fact that if you want to have two examples of the same car, you have to level them both up. It is very, very flawed.
While I think duplicates should share levels, it's really easy to have multiple tunes for the same car.

I wish your alternative tunes did show up in the car select screen as if they were different vehicles.

Back