Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,451 comments

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, we all knew the ray tracing they showed was on PC hardware and none of us expected uncompromised ray tracing on Xbox Series X.

There is literally no such thing as a game in existence with uncompromised Ray Tracing.

This is the only racing game on any console with in-game RT.

We also know that certain ray tracing features were delayed and they are still coming, such as RTGI.

Last edited:
I don't think there's much point looking too hard into player count, some of the better YT streamers are giving the multiplayer a big thumbs up, and the comments on those videos are overwhelmingly positive. After a couple of decent patches it most certainly needs, it's the multiplayer streamers that will keep eyes on the game, and they've mostly nailed this part of the game

IMO it's extremely bad, and the problem isn't going to be fixed by people denying its existence.
It will also not be fixed by people's endless whinging and absolutely ludicrous hyperbole about how bad the intended Forza Motorsport experience is.

To hear some people, FM23 is worse than a thousand poxes, and Turn 10 is like the Nazi party, but worse because they are not only evil and corrupt, but lazy (whatever that means). There's no denying the game has many issues that need to be addressed; for some people on PC it's essentially unplayable, and I can understand their frustration. But extreme and mostly unwarranted negativity gets tiresome pretty quickly; and treating the people who are enjoying their experience as morons or shills will certainly not engender solidarity.

Driving question for you set up experts:

I'm using the Toyota Supra 20 in builders cup and when I hit the brakes the car is extremely unstable, sometimes uncontrollable.

How do I fix that?

Bonus question: why does that happen?

It's happening because the brake bias needs changing - that is to say, the brake balance needs moving forward.

It's happening because when you apply the brakes, the rear wheels are braking more than the front, causing the rear to slide.

Once you have Sport or Race brakes fitted, you can go into the settings and move the brake balance 5% forward and see if it helps.

If the rear steps out under braking, move the brake balance towards the front.

If the front is locking up and the car is just ploughing on and not turning, move the brake balance towards the rear.

Hope that helps

I've managed to get the game working on my PC.

The good news is I've got a solid 60 fps. The bad news is that's at 1080P. With most things on minimum. I have a 3900X CPU and a 2070 super with 16gb ram. Woefully out of date fair enough. But still well ahead of the spec. Of the Xbox series x.

Last edited:
I am genuinely amazed by how well-behaved the multiplayer is.
Only incidences of dirty driving I’ve come across so far is practice for a race I did earlier today where a Civic slowed down at the Hyundai N Kurve to let me past, only to accelerate into my rear bumper and almost send me into the gravel
I responded by brake checking them on the pit straight, they seemed to get the message after that
Also, this game is making me better at car setup, previously I didn’t have a clue what any of the options did but now I can’t even go into practice without at least tweaking the gear ratios to get as much performance as possible out the car

Last edited:
Also, this game is making me better at car setup, previously I didn’t have a clue what any of the options did but now I can’t even go into practice without at least tweaking the gear ratios to get as much performance as possible out the car
I'm not great at doing this, do you think the ForzaTune app would help me here?

Last edited:
With that said, maybe it would be better to compare player base for FM7 at launch on PC versus FM8 now? or compare FM8/23 to other sims on PC like Assetto Corsa Competizione or Automobilista 2?
FM7 has never been sold on Steam so we can't compare its player count with FM8. ACC has a peak concurrent daily player count on Steam similar to what FM8 has now, but FM8 would be expected to drop off quite quickly after launch as most games do. ACC is an incredibly narrow game, though, which is why an AC2 is planned for next year, and that would be expected to have much wider appeal. FM8 should really have hugely wider appeal than ACC.

But extreme and mostly unwarranted negativity gets tiresome pretty quickly; and treating the people who are enjoying their experience as morons or shills will certainly not engender solidarity.
There's two separate issues here. I am personally enjoying the game. But even as someone who is personally enjoying the game, I still think the game has massive problems. The evidence is there for all to see in the sentiment expressed in reviews as well as the player count data we can see. Someone can be personally enjoying the game while still understanding that it's not being well received.

I'm not great at doing this, do you think the ForzaTune app would help me here?
I've used it for a few tunes, it does work but it's only a good starting point. Better than nothing.

At the Builders Cup when you levelling up your Car...
The max is 50
My question is do you need all those 50 Levels to Upgrate your Car to compete in the Race???
Some races have 600 PI max so how is that system going???
I've found that if you keep your car completely stock, the AI will still remain in your PI range. So not only can you "bui;d" but you can also leave alone and still be competitive. I like that personally. However I do believe the last 2(?) races of any particular championship in career, the AI will bump up their PI a bit. You can still win with a stock car but it's encouraging you to at least add a part or two.
Driving question for you set up experts:

I'm using the Toyota Supra 20 in builders cup and when I hit the brakes the car is extremely unstable, sometimes uncontrollable.

How do I fix that?

Bonus question: why does that happen?
Somebody already replied to this. Brake balance forward. But I just want to add the question of WHY??? Why T10, why? Why make most cars harder to drive than they should be that just requires around 5 clicks to fix.
FFB - driving over kerbs and rumble strips, they feel non existant. i have a TM TX wheel and no amount of changes i make in game let me feel the kerbs , is this something everyone is experiencing ?
The kerbs feel pretty good. In fact if I have my torque up to high, they will grab the wheel out of my hands. I also spent an hour if not more setting up my wheel. Turning this setting up. Now down. Going through each one. But once done, I have it as close to AC or AMS2 or rF2 that this game can possibly provide. Not equal but close. The default wheel settings are NOT good. Not to mention dead zones on a wheel. The center is also way too dead. Not on my rig but center spring and dynamic damping behavior (I believe) are going to help you get into a more organic territory. Eliminate dead weight until you feel road details and the kerbs will start popping.

Are you on a road car or in a GT3 car, in terms of suspension travel?
Both. I've ran the Acura GT3 there and the rest have been road cars part of the Builder's Cup. But I didn't notice that much difference between the race car and the road cars. The Acura is the only race car I've driven there. I might try something else to see if it feels the same.

There's two separate issues here.
Indeed. My post was not directed at you, specifically - and I'm aware now there was a bit of context to your comment that I missed.

Funny to see the people angry about the whinging, using the same energy to defend the game to the high heavens, and complain about the whinging.

We have come full circle folks
Something you'd like to tell me, mate?

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, we all knew the ray tracing they showed was on PC hardware and none of us expected uncompromised ray tracing on Xbox Series X.

There is literally no such thing as a game in existence with uncompromised Ray Tracing.

This is the only racing game on any console with in-game RT.

We also know that certain ray tracing features were delayed and they are still coming, such as RTGI.
At the same time, Forza’s trailers mislead people with their on-screen watermark claiming “All in-game 4K footage”. Nowhere on the videos themselves do they state what device it’s captured on and what bespoke non-retail stuff was used.

Sony do a better job with their disclimaers (best in the industry for it I feel) for first party games. They’ll say if something is “captured on PS5”, “captured on PC”, “uses cinematic camera angles and effects” etc.

Personally, I’d like ESRB to standardise it for everyone.

Last edited:
Will buying an HDR panel fix how this game looks? As it is, the game is incredibly washed out to look at and I've been thinking of grabbing an HDR display anyways.

Okay, I've mentioned my issues with the game enough. I'll now say positives.

Free Play mode while missing features I wish it had, still provides a lot of fun opportunities for single-player racing and it's also nice you can even earn credits and points for cars just by test driving them.

While speaking of test drive mode, it's great you can even test drive cars before buying them, something I wish GT7 did.

I also am enjoying the new fictional race tracks added such as Grand Oak Raceway and Hakone. They honestly have a great flow to them and give me enough room for overtakes, I also like the use of banked corners on Grand Oak.

The Metacritic user reviews are open now and averaging 6.6 out of 10 after a little over an hour.

I did not notice the profanity in his quote earlier so it was deleted by the mods; sorry about that. He expressed in the past that he doesn't like what Microsoft has brought to the industry and that we would be better off if they had never entered.

Which is just a silly thing to say, we all know that both Sony and Xbox have made great strides due to competition with each other. Neither company is known for doing well when they are complacent (PS3 and Xbox One). As far as what Microsoft has brought to the industry, they pushed and spearheaded ethernet base online play. They also set standards for a powerful console, built-in HDD, and ergonomic controller designs. This is just what the original Xbox did. In more modern times, they set standards for free upgrades to games for new console hardware and automatic enhancement for games on the hardware level. Not to mention, services like game pass and native emulated backwards compatibility at no extra cost.

They also introduced PC gaming features like DirectStorage and Auto-HDR.

Long-winded but bottom line; what he said was a silly thing to say.

Digital Foundry provides a lot of great content but you should always be aware of a journalists innate bias.

Last edited:
I'm playing the game for a week and I spent a fair amount of time trying to get a descent framerate on my rig (Ryzen 2600 + RTX 4070 + 32 GB), but apparently my CPU can't get the game at stable 60 fps (contrary to what the in-game benchmark report tells me), even by reducing resolution or every other option. In race, my experience is awful. Since I'm targeting 60 fps @ 4K in every game, I'm always fine with my CPU until Starfield and FM2023. The problem is that I don't see on my screen a rise in quality that would justify this. I could replace my R2600 for a R5600 but I'm not sure it would solve the problem given other players shared experiences. I'm looking forward for a CPU round-up on this game, and/or a patch. My Forza Horzon 5 is 60 fps stable at Extreme settings and native 4K (without any downscale nor DLSS)

Regarding game design, I'm embracing the paradigm of cars that you're encouraged to bound with and how the cars are not devaluated by constant and overwhelming gifts. It's a bit old school, but i like it. And buying a car without the risk to get it during the next wheelspin brings a welcomed peace of mind.

Below a Multiplayer race showing my FPS and 2 penalties (at the start and last lap corkscrew @7:45) that i think are harsh and cost me a place after the race. Am I right to think that?

Edit: my Safety rank felt from S to A after this race. I never lost my S rank in Gran Turismo, what a shame :(

Last edited:
I'm playing the game for a week and I spent a fair amount of time trying to get a descent framerate on my rig (Ryzen 2600 + RTX 4070 + 32 GB), but apparently my CPU can't get the game at stable 60 fps (contrary to what the in-game benchmark report tells me), even by reducing resolution or every other option. In race, my experience is awful. Since I'm targeting 60 fps @ 4K in every game, I'm always fine with my CPU until Starfield and FM2023. The problem is that I don't see on my screen a rise in quality that would justify this. I could replace my R2600 for a R5600 but I'm not sure it would solve the problem given other players shared experiences. I'm looking forward for a CPU round-up on this game, and/or a patch. My Forza Horzon 5 is 60 fps stable at Extreme settings and native 4K (without any downscale nor DLSS)

Regarding game design, I'm embracing the paradigm of cars that you're encouraged to bound with and how the cars are not devaluated by constant and overwhelming gifts. It's a bit old school, but i like it. And buying a car without the risk to get it during the next wheelspin brings a welcomed peace of mind.

Below a Multiplayer race showing my FPS and 2 penalties (at the start and last lap corkscrew @7:45) that i think are harsh and cost me a place after the race. Am I right to think that?

Your CPU is going to bottleneck that RTX 4070.

Okay, I've mentioned my issues with the game enough. I'll now say positives.

Free Play mode while missing features I wish it had, still provides a lot of fun opportunities for single-player racing and it's also nice you can even earn credits and points for cars just by test driving them.

While speaking of test drive mode, it's great you can even test drive cars before buying them, something I wish GT7 did.

I also am enjoying the new fictional race tracks added such as Grand Oak Raceway and Hakone. They honestly have a great flow to them and give me enough room for overtakes, I also like the use of banked corners on Grand Oak.
Is there a practice mode for the cars you already have? I really need to go on some of these tracks I'm not familiar with before going further in the Builder's Cup.

I've found that if you keep your car completely stock, the AI will still remain in your PI range. So not only can you "bui;d" but you can also leave alone and still be competitive. I like that personally. However I do believe the last 2(?) races of any particular championship in career, the AI will bump up their PI a bit. You can still win with a stock car but it's encouraging you to at least add a part or two.
I started off that way but then as the challenges progressed I began using the fast upgrade because I thought I needed to. I think starting with the next challenge I might go back to the stock route for a bit.

Indeed. My post was not directed at you, specifically - and I'm aware now there was a bit of context to your comment that I missed.

Something you'd like to tell me, mate?
🤣🤣🤣

I've seen it all across this forum, and the official Forza forum. Not aimed at anyone inparticular. Just a funny observation.

Is there a practice mode for the cars you already have? I really need to go on some of these tracks I'm not familiar with before going further in the Builder's Cup.
Yes. The "test drive" option in free play mode applies to both cars you have or cars you don't have. It's more akin to a hot lap mode you've seen in previous games.

Yes. The "test drive" option in free play mode applies to both cars you have or cars you don't have. It's more akin to a hot lap mode you've seen in previous games.
If you can find another person to join you, you can also use the Meetup mode in the private lobby. This will allow you to jump into and out of a race quickly and choose different cars.

Back