Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,449 comments
Three things I can't believe GT has that FM doesn't:

• A reward for playing a small amount each day (yeah, people hate the Roulette and for good reason, but it's worth an average of 5m credits a year)
  • Nitrous
  • Car horns

Anyway, I've not been keeping up since launch because hyper-busy trying to get everything else done as well as another review and all the add-on stuff around FM (like the Guide and FAQ), so is anyone up on the whole multiplayer race event rotation thing - as in when it's scheduled to change?

If you've been playing racing games long enough, you kind of know what basic upgrades a car is going to need even before you drive it. I don't have to drive a GTO Judge for an hour plus to know that it's going to need better tires, brakes, tighter suspension, and a diff in order for it to be somewhat capable on a track.

Like I said before, I don't think it's a terrible system if you are a brand new player, as it helps you to see what a significant effect even small upgrades can have, but it should be optional. And then there's the fact that if you want to have two examples of the same car, you have to level them both up. It is very, very flawed.
They should just change it, so its says delivered instead of unlocked ;)

• A reward for playing a small amount each day (yeah, people hate the Roulette and for good reason, but it's worth an average of 5m credits a year)
  • Nitrous
  • Car horns

Anyway, I've not been keeping up since launch because hyper-busy trying to get everything else done as well as another review and all the add-on stuff around FM (like the Guide and FAQ), so is anyone up on the whole multiplayer race event rotation thing - as in when it's scheduled to change?

The weekly builder's cup/featured multiplayer/rivals all go live at midnight UTC on Thursday (so about 9 hours 40 away as of this post) IIRC.

• Nitrous
  • Car horns

Honestly glad for no nitrous.

Yes, but Starfield has had 300k Players at peak in Steam and 10 Million Copies sold in its first week
I know people have replied to you already, but I should also note that not all pc users bought and played this game via the Steam app. I for one actually used the Xbox app.

Well... that's its own argument - but can you believe it's not in ANY Forza? Not even Horizon!
I am glad we didn't get the wheel spins from Forza Horizon.

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Well... that's its own argument - but can you believe it's not in ANY Forza? Not even Horizon!
Horizon is honestly a better fit for it than Motorsport is since it actually has drag racing and drag strips. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten added to FH5 at this point.

Y'know, that brings up a good question... besides Need For Speed, what (current!) major racing game franchises have nitrous, anyway?

Last edited:
There is not only nitro in Fast and the Furios style. Modern race cars also have some kind of nitro system, KERS Boost or DRS. That would be cool to have. 😎

I have Forza Motorsport and GT7. I like both games, but I honestly think Forza Motorsport has serious lighting problems.
For example, when the sun illuminates the rim of a car it gives the sensation of being painted. This does not happen in Forza Motorsport 7.
I've seen it on several YouTube videos that show it.

I don't know if this issue can be fixed with a future Turn 10 patch??

Driving question for you set up experts:

I'm using the Toyota Supra 20 in builders cup and when I hit the brakes the car is extremely unstable, sometimes uncontrollable.

How do I fix that?

Bonus question: why does that happen?

Y'know, that brings up a good question... besides Need For Speed, what (current!) major racing game franchises have nitrous, anyway?

The only series can think if is The Crew, which feels weird to say.

Driving question for you set up experts:

I'm using the Toyota Supra 20 in builders cup and when I hit the brakes the car is extremely unstable, sometimes uncontrollable.

How do I fix that?

Bonus question: why does that happen?

I haven't really gotten deep into tuning yet (nor am I in front of my Xbox currently), but can you be more specific? Does the car shake a lot under braking, or is it something more like the car spinning out when braking and turning?

‐------------------------

After playing more last night, I think my biggest gripe with how driving feels in this game is with how understeer-heavy almost all of the cars I've diven are. It's especially bad with the GTX cars. The understeer paired with the lack of reactivity from those cars actually make them a little painful to drive over an hour.

Otherwise, really enjoying the game so far.

Last edited:
FFB - driving over kerbs and rumble strips, they feel non existant. i have a TM TX wheel and no amount of changes i make in game let me feel the kerbs , is this something everyone is experiencing ?

I haven't really gotten deep into tuning yet (nor am I in front of my Xbox currently), but can you be more specific? Does the car shake a lot under braking, or is it something more like the car spinning out when braking and turning?
Shaking is the perfect way to describe it

FFB - driving over kerbs and rumble strips, they feel non existant. i have a TM TX wheel and no amount of changes i make in game let me feel the kerbs , is this something everyone is experiencing ?
Yes i don’t feel anything. I don’t even have forcefeed back on my wheel.

• Nitrous
  • Car horns
Another one I would add is that I don't think I've seen the ability to select cars from your garage as opponents in FM8's free play mode. I think that would've been cool to have or just a feature like in Forza Horizon where you can pick what exact cars to have as opponents.

-----
That way, even if Turn 10 doesn't fix their flawed class system, we at least can have a fixed version of it ourselves with that system.

Well some kerbs are painted so you wouldn't feel rumble there obviously. But the saw tooth ones give a clear rumble using the controller, so I imagine this is some kind of bug and will be fixed.

In other comments, I was comparing Resolution Scale = 100% to Resolution Scale = Auto.
According to Digital Foundry's video, Auto should just scale automatically to the resolution as set, i.e. there shouldn't be any real difference. I get no frame rate differences, but for some reason Auto seems to have less visible pixellation than 100% does. Especially opponent cars seem cleaner with Auto.

Anyone else tried/noticed a difference?

I definitely feel them. I'm on a Fanatec CSL DD. But some aren't as punishing as they could be. That right side sausage kerb at Cheetah on Kyalami in ACC will knock your car clean off the road if you take it aggressively but in FM it's not bad. So I don't know which version is correct.

I definitely feel them. I'm on a Fanatec CSL DD. But some aren't as punishing as they could be. That right side sausage kerb at Cheetah on Kyalami in ACC will knock your car clean off the road if you take it aggressively but in FM it's not bad. So I don't know which version is correct.
Are you on a road car or in a GT3 car, in terms of suspension travel?

Now came the limit for RTX 2060 & Ryzen 5 1600X. FM is unplayable even if the settings are at lowest with 1080p. At the same time, FH5 and FM7 run at high settings solid 60fps. I hope that during this month there will be a significant update that will improve it.

1697042224643.jpeg

Last edited:
I know people have replied to you already, but I should also note that not all pc users bought and played this game via the Steam app. I for one actually used the Xbox app.
We can compare against FH5, though, as that also released on both Steam and MS Store/Xbox. FH5 was peaking at 80k players on Steam at release whereas FM is peaking at around 4k. It's not an absolute measure, but it is valid as a relative measure. On the official Age of Empires (another flagship MS game pass game) forum, many see the player count of AoE4 as a disaster, being lower than AoE2, but even it is still peaking at around 15k a couple of years after release.

It's also valid to compare review ratings on Steam in terms of the positive review percent:
FH4: 89%
FH5: 88%
AoE4: 86%
FM: 43%

IMO it's extremely bad, and the problem isn't going to be fixed by people denying its existence.

We can compare against FH5, though, as that also released on both Steam and MS Store/Xbox. FH5 was peaking at 80k players on Steam at release whereas FM is peaking at around 4k.
Nah, you can't compare FM to FH at all. One is casual and one is more niche. FH5 has had over 30 million players. FM never was remotely close to that. Has always been that way, at least for Forza. There isn't any issue here.

We can compare against FH5, though, as that also released on both Steam and MS Store/Xbox. FH5 was peaking at 80k players on Steam at release whereas FM is peaking at around 4k. It's not an absolute measure, but it is valid as a relative measure. On the official Age of Empires (another flagship MS game pass game) forum, many see the player count of AoE4 as a disaster, being lower than AoE2, but even it is still peaking at around 15k a couple of years after release.

It's also valid to compare review ratings on Steam in terms of the positive review percent:
FH4: 89%
FH5: 88%
AoE4: 86%
FM: 43%

IMO it's extremely bad, and the problem isn't going to be fixed by people denying its existence.
Nah, you can't compare FM to FH at all. One is casual and one is more niche. FH5 has had over 30 million players. FM never was remotely close to that. Has always been that way, at least for Forza. There isn't any issue here.
I mean, I can see merit in comparing steam sales between the Horizon games and FM8. Though Bogie has a point that arcade races including Horizon will more likely appeal to a wider audience than a simracer or even a simcade like FM8.

With that said, maybe it would be better to compare player base for FM7 at launch on PC versus FM8 now? or compare FM8/23 to other sims on PC like Assetto Corsa Competizione or Automobilista 2?

Back