Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,451 comments
If you can find another person to join you, you can also use the Meetup mode in the private lobby. This will allow you to jump into and out of a race quickly and choose different cars.
You can do this in solo, you can easily change car and track from the submenus when you're on the pitlane menu.

Your CPU is going to bottleneck that RTX 4070.
I'm reading a lot of bold conclusions regarding CPU bottleneck or GPU targeted resolution that are simplification that doesn't take usage scenario into account. This article doesn't mention an FPS target.
My usage: no more than 60 fps without a necessity of using ultra settings. My CPU never bottlenecked my gaming session before Starfield (solved with a frame gen mod) and Forza Motorsport. I would switch to a 5600 (Mobo compatible) if this repeats are is not solved (I'm not ready for upgrading a CPU for only one game that I'm sure has an engine problem).

If you can find another person to join you, you can also use the Meetup mode in the private lobby. This will allow you to jump into and out of a race quickly and choose different cars.
That's good to know, but I honestly think the test drive mode in free play is a better option in this regard.

The Metacritic user reviews are open now and averaging 6.6 out of 10 after a little over an hour.
I wont trust Metacritic user beacuse they tend to not verify who plays the game and who doesnt, thus being open for review bombing by people that had not even touched the game

Steam Review, even if is a more niche metric, is more trustable
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was checking the Xbox Most Played and Top Paid Games
Its intresting that, unlike steam, they tend to variate by region (i checked Brazil, Portugal, US, GB and Japan)

1697059878119.png

1697060226973.png

The game and/or GP early access are on first rows in Top Sales in ALL of those regions, that means that game may got a buzz from GamePass (hopefully).

The most Played only update once a week and it seems that hasnt updated yet, i will check in the weekend to see if Forza get on updated numbers

I'm reading a lot of bold conclusions regarding CPU bottleneck or GPU targeted resolution that are simplification that doesn't take usage scenario into account. This article doesn't mention an FPS target.
My usage: no more than 60 fps without a necessity of using ultra settings. My CPU never bottlenecked my gaming session before Starfield (solved with a frame gen mod) and Forza Motorsport. I would switch to a 5600 (Mobo compatible) if this repeats are is not solved (I'm not ready for upgrading a CPU for only one game that I'm sure has an engine problem).
Both Starfield and Forza Motorsport are CPU heavy games.

FFB - driving over kerbs and rumble strips, they feel non existant. i have a TM TX wheel and no amount of changes i make in game let me feel the kerbs , is this something everyone is experiencing ?
I have what I consider good-very good FF

I'm using a GT DD Pro 8nm and I closely mimicked these settings. This guy is really good and I've tried six or seven different creators settings but this is the best of them, for me at least.

I believe I dropped the vibration intensity 5 or 10 points from his

Last edited:
The kerbs feel pretty good. In fact if I have my torque up to high, they will grab the wheel out of my hands. I also spent an hour if not more setting up my wheel. Turning this setting up. Now down. Going through each one. But once done, I have it as close to AC or AMS2 or rF2 that this game can possibly provide. Not equal but close. The default wheel settings are NOT good. Not to mention dead zones on a wheel. The center is also way too dead. Not on my rig but center spring and dynamic damping behavior (I believe) are going to help you get into a more organic territory. Eliminate dead weight until you feel road details and the kerbs will start popping.
I must have my wheel set up wrong. AC feedback was mint, would love close to that. I have updated the fw and played around with various in game settings but to no avail. What platform and what wheel do you have ? Struggling to find a nice setup.

Please, when people post videos could you at least give a brief description of what it is?

Either way, I wouldn't watch it because I don't watch any video where the person feels the need to put their face on the thumbnail. Although, I'll give him credit for not having a stupid startled look on his face

Last edited:
The game is downgraded compared to the first unveiling. It still looks good but its a shame they had to downgrade the pc version alongside the console version.

Wow did they do the Porsche 919 dirty with that stock setup...

Wait a sec, I'm saying that like the rest of the cars handle properly straight out of the box 😂

But the Porsche is egregious with how bad it is. I found a 5 star rated setup that I tested, but even that had a ton of lift off oversteer, so you have to keep a bit of throttle on to keep it stable.

So it's a more a fundamental issue with the physics I think more than anything else.

I'd love to see the feedback from playtesters and the QA team...

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, we all knew the ray tracing they showed was on PC hardware and none of us expected uncompromised ray tracing on Xbox Series X.

There is literally no such thing as a game in existence with uncompromised Ray Tracing.

This is the only racing game on any console with in-game RT.

We also know that certain ray tracing features were delayed and they are still coming, such as RTGI.

The RT isn’t the only issue with that image. Where’s all that detail gone? From the “captured in game” footage? That’s what I find most misleading. The game doesn’t look like that at alll.

Please, when people post videos could you at least give a brief description of what it is?

Either way, I wouldn't watch it because I don't watch any video where the person feels the need to put their face on the thumbnail. Although, I'll give him credit for not having a stupid startled look on his face
Have some respect for Digital Foundry! 🤣

After playing more last night, I think my biggest gripe with how driving feels in this game is with how understeer-heavy almost all of the cars I've diven are. It's especially bad with the GTX cars. The understeer paired with the lack of reactivity from those cars actually make them a little painful to drive over an hour.

Otherwise, really enjoying the game so far.
Part of the issue with most of the GTX cars is the heavy staggered tire widths. While there are more proper ways to do it, I just raise front aero (usually all the way) and lower rear aero (pretty low, but depends on car), and then raise the accel in the diff and try to run a bit more throttle to help them rotate. It's kinda "lazy tuning" but it has worked pretty well for me so far.

It is pretty understeery in general though, and while some of it that is likely us all overdriving the apex a little as we all get used to the increased sense of weight, it's an issue with some pretty surprising cars, from high aero race cars like the Caddy LMDh to high powered road cars like the Shelby GT500.

this game is HORRIBLE. I had high hopes of a decent career mode as I found GT7 to be lacklusture in that respect but i'd take GT7 over this any day of the week...the forced progression and levelling up each car individually just to unlock parts that have been available from the offset in all prior Forza games is the worst design decision i've ever seen. Visually the game and lighting is soooo bad versus GT7, and the older car models and wheel models that are nearly 2 decades old are terrible.

The one thing I like are the physics and I actually had a fun couple of races online, but unless they revamp the whole game it's dead in the water imho.

I've attached a graphics comparison from Reddit, FH8 v GT7...

Attachments

• AnyConv.com__the-graphics-gotta-be-bugged-right-left-is-pc-max-settings-v0-mu54hqpttmtb1.jpg
    AnyConv.com__the-graphics-gotta-be-bugged-right-left-is-pc-max-settings-v0-mu54hqpttmtb1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 13
  • AnyConv.com__the-graphics-gotta-be-bugged-right-left-is-pc-max-settings-v0-qtsy9quttmtb1.jpg
    AnyConv.com__the-graphics-gotta-be-bugged-right-left-is-pc-max-settings-v0-qtsy9quttmtb1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 13
this game is HORRIBLE. I had high hopes of a decent career mode as I found GT7 to be lacklusture in that respect but i'd take GT7 over this any day of the week...the forced progression and levelling up each car individually just to unlock parts that have been available from the offset in all prior Forza games is the worst design decision i've ever seen. Visually the game and lighting is soooo bad versus GT7, and the older car models and wheel models that are nearly 2 decades old are terrible.

The one thing I like are the physics and I actually had a fun couple of races online, but unless they revamp the whole game it's dead in the water imho.

I've attached a graphics comparison from Reddit, FH8 v GT7...
That is not how GT7 looks in-game.

let's at least be honest here.

Seems like the new Spotlight cars are here, I just had a server disconnect and 3 messages in the inbox

Some proper tracks for Touring Car series Multiplayer too! Was worried they wouldn't change.

No new VIP Rivals event though, got the Featured KTM Road America one.

Last edited:
So, how's road car physics feels compared to GT7?
They're quite similar to that of Forza Horizon 5, but with lower cornering speeds and more pronounced understeer and oversteer.

In comparison with GT7, road cars feel a bit more controllable from what I remember of that game, and somewhat more predictable.

They're quite similar to that of Forza Horizon 5, but with lower cornering speeds and more pronounced understeer and oversteer.

In comparison with GT7, road cars feel a bit more controllable from what I remember of that game, and somewhat more predictable.
It feels nothing like Forza Horizon 5, attempting to drive cars like FH5 will quickly put you in a wall.

No :(

This reminds me i forgot something: i published (and continue to improve) my traditional visual car list with manual tracker, for FM2023.
View attachment 1294413

With garage stats;
View attachment 1294415
Thank you as always for this @Milouse i've made a start but with no Wheelspins, its going to take a lot longer to tick them all off this time...!

Also, As an aside I noticed on FM7 the car prices were never updated and some are still priced at "???"
Now that the cars are all available to buy in the Car Collection screen, would you be interested in me putting together a list of the missing prices for you to add to the site? At the moment this makes the FM7 part of your site feel "incomplete" to me. For one thing I cannot sort your car list by price properly for FM7.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, that's due to YouTube's algorithm to get the video to reach the most people.

I agree, it's a turn-off, though.
That is not how GT7 looks in-game.

let's at least be honest here.
If it's coming from Reddit, everything has been split between those sharing their liking of the game & some who are looking to karma farm all the people who are so upset with the game, they're mad MS is deleting 1 star reviews on the Storefront with descriptions that have nothing to do with the game.

Edit* An issue with the comparison as well is the light source. One's in immediately sunlight, blowing out the details & one is in immediate shade. In-Game photomode, the headlamps are much easier on the eyes & there's clearly some detail given to them. Are they as detailed as GT, no. But, nobody is in the industry.

IMG-5232.jpg

There is however, an issue where the amber lamp turns reflective and there's also one other extremely weird detail hidden on the outer sides of the lamp housing you can probably spot. I don't think this is exactly modeling error, more so with how the game is loading it? Similar to how the models load a bit slow/strange in the main menu at times. This stuff is so tiny though, only us online/forum users would really take heed with it.

Last edited:
Going from Forza 4 to this reveals a lot of things to me. Namely the accuracy of the steering, which wasn't always that good with Forza 4. In Forza 8, the steering is very accurate and you don't have to overwork the analogue stick to keep the car pointing in the right direction. That's the great thing about this game - you don't have to fluff around trying to dial the controller settings in. They just work. Another big plus which I did not expect was vibration through the triggers. I prefer it over adaptive triggers because it doesn't add extra resistance or become too intrusive for me. In fact the triggers are soo light that I can operate the throttle with one finger instead of two, which is neat. Perfect for my smaller than average paws.

The Xbox controller triggers are so light that I’ve broken another right trigger (it sticks when I release it) about a week after I got it. Maybe I can do a return or something $70 isn’t a tiny sum. Are the elite controllers more durable? I don’t want to shell out and it breaks 5 days later.

For comparison's sake, on the Series S, FM on the pad (default settings) feels surprisingly similar to Project Cars 2 (with stable settings). Project Cars 2 graphics still hold, and colors are more saturated, but on track detail/lighting FM comes ahead.

As for music, sorry, but PC2 has one of the best intros for any racing game, past or present. You just can't beat Eau Rouge!

Back