Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,372 comments
If they will let people get parts independently of level why keep the system then? just make other type of progression instead of it
This would just be a car affinity system without the locking of parts.

I still hope they can find a satisfying way to have car points system work with upgrades. Maybe remove car level locks, and have everything depending on just the car points.

It's a good list of fixes for sure, but I'm a bit confused, she said on the live stream "fixes for the replay system", but the notes don't mention anything about replays saving correctly, will be annoying if we go another month without replays
They mentioned the replay fixes and progression fixes as what they are working on, not necessarily covered in Update 5.0.

xlarge_Nurburgring_Nordschleife_Track_Promotion_08_16x9_WM_f0454f26f7.webp

This would just be a car affinity system without the locking of parts.

I still hope they can find a satisfying way to have car points system work with upgrades. Maybe remove car level locks, and have everything depending on just the car points.
This is basically what I want: Keep car levels, but remove car locks for building purposes. An added bonus should include at least 10000/15000 Cr for each car you level up, which will give players an incentive to drive more cars. As a car collector myself I would LOVE this.

Last edited:
I do hope they are not going to put a lot of artificial lighting on the track. I don't recall there being actual light fixtures like the ones in the picture on the actual Norschleife itself. Now if they can replicate the light coming from the campsites that would be great.

I think they did the same thing to Spa. One of the challenge or reward races finished at night and there was lighting on Blanchimont that I don't remember seeing there when watching the 24 Hours of Spa.

I do hope they are not going to put a lot of artificial lighting on the track. I don't recall there being actual light fixtures like the ones in the picture on the actual Norschleife itself. Now if they can replicate the light coming from the campsites that would be great.

I think they did the same thing to Spa. One of the challenge or reward races finished at night and there was lighting on Blanchimont that I don't remember seeing there when watching the 24 Hours of Spa.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. You know it's going to be a complete Barnum & Bailey lit up circus around the whole track. It's kinda what they do.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. You know it's going to be a complete Barnum & Bailey lit up circus around the whole track. It's kinda what they do.
I remember Sebring in the previous game had a couple of dark areas so hopefully their props budget will run out before they can ruin the Nordschleife too much with added lamps. I guess they'd want to try and avoid more carnage at the corners in multiplayer, but it'd be a shame to lose out on the atmosphere of the real track at night.

The Ring is great news, earlier than expected but no AI-fix yet, the big one that should make them behave. As it is now the AI is a joke. Braking everywhere, just to block you while a boosted no.1-car is flying on steroids somewhere ahead

@Hasse 86 Actually I might have raced the -90 RX7 when my game crashed, but still with stock suspension. Not too shure about their rideheight-explanation. Have to test out..

The Ring is great news, earlier than expected but no AI-fix yet, the big one that should make them behave. As it is now the AI is a joke. Braking everywhere, just to block you while a boosted no.1-car is flying on steroids somewhere ahead

@Hasse 86 Actually I might have raced the -90 RX7 when my game crashed, but still with stock suspension. Not too shure about their rideheight-explanation. Have to test out..
Yeah, I didn't expect the Nordschleife to return until mid May, in connection to the N24. Getting it in february is a surprise, but a very welcome one. Saw this meme on Twitter btw. I think some people might return now that NS is back.
Screenshot_20240126_234525.jpg

That's interesting. It seems like the RX7 Savanna is a bit toxic att the moment 😂

Its good to see all these great fixes coming up next month especially for freeplay but still missing that elusive custom grid set up. Either way im happy and surprised Nurburgring is coming back sooner then I thought too. I also think its a safe bet to assume we will be getting a track added each month for the foreseeable future.

Not the cleanest comparison, but the differences are easily noticeable. Rumble strips, track edges & track side have definitely changed, track has much nicer detail on its surface. I can see where the team has added catch fencing in certain areas, or in this pic, replaced the catch fence on the hillside with what looks like more usual chain-link fence. Looks like a marshal stand is also added around the corner, don't think it's there in FM7.
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Last edited:
I watched this video with Rory yesterday and it seems like he's been promoted to Race Marschal.

According to the release notes of update 5.0 it seems like T10 will reintroduce the marschal program as one of the measures to make online racing more clean.

I think this is great news. Perhaps people will drive in a more clean manner if there's a higher risk of getting banned after ramming people.

I watched this video with Rory yesterday and it seems like he's been promoted to Race Marschal.

According to the release notes of update 5.0 it seems like T10 will reintroduce the marschal program as one of the measures to make online racing more clean.

I think this is great news. Perhaps people will drive in a more clean manner if there's a higher risk of getting banned after ramming people.

I think this is a great idea. But they need to ensure to have Race Marshalls at every level though, not just those on high end races. I don't play MP but imagine that the highest proportion of the worst driving is likely to be at the lowest level (but by no means is it just there). I'm guessing that the regular drivers will be skewed towards the top end.

Plus they need to
a) publish a list of those banned and why. This could be just as big a deterrent.
b) give them enough chance to appeal beforehand (and "final warnings").

Not the cleanest comparison, but the differences are easily noticeable. Rumble strips, track edges & track side have definitely changed, track has much nicer detail on its surface. I can see where the team has added catch fencing in certain areas, or in this pic, replaced the catch fence on the hillside with what looks like more usual chain-link fence. Looks like a marshal stand is also added around the corner, don't think it's there in FM7.
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg
It's such a shame their streams are such bad quality, they should stream in 4k not the super compressed 1080p mode. But from what we can see it looks like a big jump, the trees and haze are a big improvement to atmosphere, very immersive. Almost looks like they've spent even more effort upping this one over others in the game.

Do race marshals sit in the race and watch? Do they have access to race replays?

How does it work?

Last edited:
Do race marshals sit in the race and watch? Do they have access to race replays?

How does it work?
From what I understand, race marshals are players with special authority. They can report collisions, and certain instances of unsportsmanlike behaviour, during races for further review, just with the push of a button.

I was a marshal in Forza Motorsport 7.

On top of seeing live incidents while driving in your own races (and potentially having the power to boot especially troublesome players), you may also receive replays and clips from players to then pass on to Turn 10 for judgment.

There’s also a bunch of other feedback opportunities and ways to relay to Turn 10 how the multiplayer community is reacting to the game, but my direct knowledge of the programme is limited to 2017-2019.

The marshals are/were essentially volunteer referees for multiplayer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't expect the Nordschleife to return until mid May, in connection to the N24. Getting it in february is a surprise, but a very welcome one. Saw this meme on Twitter btw. I think some people might return now that NS is back.
Forza’s poorly designed Daytona pit exit mocked at the 24 Hour race. This is quite embarrassing.
it was on Pilot Challenge, support race

Still, it seems that its cool trash in the game, makes me hate even more push the leadership and the marketing depertaments for stupid decisions
Finally the game seems getting better but beacuse of the bad lunch it seems that will take time before people keep trashing it

Did you know people are still posting about Spa mistype even IF THEY SAID THAT WOULD CORRECT IT?

I just hope the game continues get updates and dont be the end of motorsport and the game get somehow reborn, but if it happens, I hope the worst case senario happens, people get stupid Gran Turismo monopoly with updates like happened this month with 4000 pounds DLC and Forza crowd that keeps also trashing the game only gets the most stupiest and criginest Horizon games as possible beacuse this is what they are saying to gaming market right now

"We dont want have a serious racing game with new features and fuctions, we want the goofest stuffs with X999 exotic cars or a boring game that makes you tier lists like if was the 8th wonder of the world"

if this happens i wont even tell "told you so", i will just watch and laugh to the people that trash the devs obsessively and disrespect them thinking that it would fix anything, if you dont liked just go make your game or go play another game, iracing just got indycar back, go race the freaking 500 you so wished so bad

Are the same people that complain about lack of serious racers but arent full sim, complain that games are too similar nowadays and complain about lack of progression only to say "we dont wanted this way"

It sicks me, maybe i am just frusted that wanted a good Forza game that atract others and dont make me alone in enjoy the game, but this still annoys me and makes me genuinally frusted

Also, Nothing will change my mind that was leadership and market departament faults, instead of delay the game and guarantee that the game doesnt ended this way, they decided put the game in the fire so to save some stupid fantasy game even if such idea was already put in the market a year earlier...yes, i am talking about avowed, yes i am implying that Forza got the burn so avowed and 2024 xbox lineup could trhive

if they dont wanted to game be launched early anyways, then they are suposed to be clear and told that game would be early acess like they did with grounded, why the freaking hell they havent? why not market the game this way? beacuse the stupid marketing departament was too arrogant to admit they did a mistake of doing the catchphrase that annoys me everytime i try to look anything about this game? who knows, for me they are the only ones that deserve this obissesive things

I wont die beacuse of it, but it will make me frusted for being helpless, no matter what I do people will continue trashing the game and the devs at point that people that likely not even play racing games also trash it... I just want to enjoy a thing without feeling bad and lonly about it...

Last edited:
a) publish a list of those banned and why. This could be just as big a deterrent.
While never saying never, don't expect this to happen. Naming/shaming is not a goal, not only because one person's view is not absolute confirmation of accused behavior, but because it weaponizes the community against each other. Per the Forza Code of Conduct:

"To achieve our goals for Forza, our suspension policies should be fair and appropriate to the severity of the offense and should provide opportunities for people to improve their behavior, while maintaining a safe and fun environment for people to play."

While never saying never, don't expect this to happen. Naming/shaming is not a goal, not only because one person's view is not absolute confirmation of accused behavior, but because it weaponizes the community against each other. Per the Forza Code of Conduct:

"To achieve our goals for Forza, our suspension policies should be fair and appropriate to the severity of the offense and should provide opportunities for people to improve their behavior, while maintaining a safe and fun environment for people to play."
Fair enough and I understand the reasons why this won't be considered.
However, I would respectively just add that the community have had opportunities to improve their behaviour for more than 10 years online and haven't.

It's a very difficult issue though with no easy answers. There are ways for people to get around suspensions (alternate accounts being the most obvious one) which could just create a "whack-a-mole" situation. I certainly respect those that try to improve things though 👍

Last edited:
To a large extent, the Forza AI and the approach of starting midfield and fighting past lots of AI in a short race encourages the behaviour of using other cars as brakes and pushing cars out of the way. Especially if you don't have the skills or accuracy to slide a car neatly into a gap, then pushing just happens without being deliberate. And let's be honest, most Xbox users of Forza Motorsport are going to be relatively low skill playing Forza alongside many other game genres.

The best solution in my opinion remains a driver/safety rating system which can keep low skill and high skill drivers apart. This is what needs the highest priority to improve in my opinion.

Edit: The reason iRacing and GT7 manage to have high skill races with good behaviour is due to their system of offering limited race events in a week and requiring everyone to quality ahead of time. Forza with cycling hoppers and qualifying happening only once the lobby has formed makes it easier to race diverse types of cars and tracks but it also becomes harder to segment the users based on skill.

Last edited:
it was on Pilot Challenge, support race

Still, it seems that its cool trash in the game, makes me hate even more push the leadership and the marketing depertaments for stupid decisions
Finally the game seems getting better but beacuse of the bad lunch it seems that will take time before people keep trashing it

Did you know people are still posting about Spa mistype even IF THEY SAID THAT WOULD CORRECT IT?

I just hope the game continues get updates and dont be the end of motorsport and the game get somehow reborn, but if it happens, I hope the worst case senario happens, people get stupid Gran Turismo monopoly with updates like happened this month with 4000 pounds DLC and Forza crowd that keeps also trashing the game only gets the most stupiest and criginest Horizon games as possible beacuse this is what they are saying to gaming market right now

"We dont want have a serious racing game with new features and fuctions, we want the goofest stuffs with X999 exotic cars or a boring game that makes you tier lists like if was the 8th wonder of the world"

if this happens i wont even tell "told you so", i will just watch and laugh to the people that trash the devs obsessively and disrespect them thinking that it would fix anything, if you dont liked just go make your game or go play another game, iracing just got indycar back, go race the freaking 500 you so wished so bad

Are the same people that complain about lack of serious racers but arent full sim, complain that games are too similar nowadays and complain about lack of progression only to say "we dont wanted this way"

It sicks me, maybe i am just frusted that wanted a good Forza game that atract others and dont make me alone in enjoy the game, but this still annoys me and makes me genuinally frusted

Also, Nothing will change my mind that was leadership and market departament faults, instead of delay the game and guarantee that the game doesnt ended this way, they decided put the game in the fire so to save some stupid fantasy game even if such idea was already put in the market a year earlier...yes, i am talking about avowed, yes i am implying that Forza got the burn so avowed and 2024 xbox lineup could trhive

if they dont wanted to game be launched early anyways, then they are suposed to be clear and told that game would be early acess like they did with grounded, why the freaking hell they havent? why not market the game this way? beacuse the stupid marketing departament was too arrogant to admit they did a mistake of doing the catchphrase that annoys me everytime i try to look anything about this game? who knows, for me they are the only ones that deserve this obissesive things

I wont die beacuse of it, but it will make me frusted for being helpless, no matter what I do people will continue trashing the game and the devs at point that people that likely not even play racing games also trash it... I just want to enjoy a thing without feeling bad and lonly about it...

Don't stress mate, sure it gets tiresome seeing many people hate the game, but you just have to ask yourself a few questions

• Are you having fun?
  • When playing multiplayer, are you getting into reasonably full lobbies?
  • Does the game have the content you find compelling?
  • When playing, would you rather be playing something else?

Nothing else really matters, sure the discourse can get annoying, and there are many less than savoury folks ruining multiplayer somewhat, but if you're having fun and can get into multiplayer races that's a win in my book.

Last edited:
Is Deluxe add on worth of buying?
It contains VIP, Car Pass and some car packs.
Cost €33

Last edited:
Cost €33
VIP doubles cash payouts, which is really handy since the credits payouts are quite stingy. It also gives you a few Forza Edition cars (which are normal sports cars with unique body kits).
Car Pass is 30 DLC cars, 1 per week. They have been almost all race cars so far, but if you intend to race touring cars, trans am or GT classes then the car pass will give you way more options.
The race day car pack likewise has race cars - they fill out the classes, but just like with the car pass you can play the game just fine without them.
There's also the welcome pack, which is just giving you 4 normal cars early (you can buy them in the autoshow).

Last edited:
Cost €33
Depends on how you play really.

If you just play career mode, then no it's not worth it as most of the cars so far are race cars that you can't use in career mode... yet. Or maybe never? Who knows.

If you like making lots of realistic style races using actual race cars in Free Play mode, then it might be worth it as some of them are fun to drive. Just look at the list and see if there is anything you really want to try.

If you play Featured Multiplayer, particularly Forza GT and Touring Cars, then there are cars included in the Race Day car pack (or whatever it was called) and Car Pass that are useful/fun to drive. The Subaru is particularly fun in the Touring Car division as it's the only RWD option, and it opens new strategy options since it is naturally more gentle on its tires.

The bonus credits are nice if you have limited time I guess, but if you use the AI driving method to get around the stupid CarXP grind, you will naturally make a bunch of money anyways so it really isn't that useful.

Back