Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
So, I downloaded the update and tried doing some improvised Forza-Science this evening.

The 2016 Lamborghini Aventandor SV does indeed sound better now:

It struck me that the gamma adjustment seems to have made the game look less washed out at noon in bright sunlight.
View attachment 1344859

View attachment 1344860

Has anyone else noticed this?🤔

Aventador finally sounds great. The 812 sounds cleaner but doesn't have that high rpm scream like it should. Same goes for the Cayman, it should be a 9,000rpm screamer...oh well 😐 T10 tried

43766805741_3d179c1408_b.jpg

Kelpo_tography MAT_146_MS650_70 6.png

Only inaccuracy that I find in the MS650's model is the headlights, which should have been yellow. I'm also wondering if the foglights of the actual MS650 that raced in the Tour de France could appear as visual customization for the MS650 in Forza Motorsport.

One more thing, I think I'm noticing something which could be also observed in FH5. Whenever the Car Pass is completed, should there be no large-scale DLCs like Hot Wheels or Rally Adventure in FH5, the amount of New to Forza cars drastically increase. Think of this, For the past 6 updates before the conclusion of the Car Pass, majority of the cars that were added are recycled from FH5 and below. Counting other than the car pass cars that have been added, we've got:

Update 2

Recycled Spotlight - 5
New Spotlight - 3

Recycled Reward - 2
New Reward - 0

Update 3

Recycled Spotlight - 2
New Spotlight - 2

Recycled Reward - 2
New Reward - 0

Update 4

Recycled Spotlight - 4
New Spotlight - 0

Recycled Reward - 2
New Reward - 0

Update 5

Recycled Spotlight - 3
New Spotlight - 0

Recycled Reward - 1
New Reward - 1

Update 6

Recycled Spotlight - 2
New Spotlight - 0

Recycled Reward - 2
New Reward - 0

This brings a grand total to:

Recycled Spotlight Cars - 16
New Spotlight Cars - 5

Recycled Reward Cars - 9
New Reward Cars - 3

Notice something similar? FH5's post-launch updates were mostly like this until both expansions came out. So, I feel that we're done at the "disappointing" segment of FM Post-launch updates for those who haven't bought the DLCs. We'll prolly get a large embargo of new to Forza vehicles in the next 20 updates, just like Horizon 5. Update 7 was the start by doing something new, no new spotlight cars, but both new reward cars. And we got a large list of NTF cars that are yet to be added in Motorsport and maybe Horizon 5 for the road cars. Here are most of the racing cars that were leaked in the past but are yet to be in Forza.
  • 2018 Alfa Romeo #11 HMS Racing Giulietta BTCC
  • 1969 AMC #3 Javelin Trans-Am Barrett Jackson Edition
  • 1977 Chevrolet #14 Dekon Engineering Monza
  • 2019 Chevrolet #3 Lawrence Loshak Pennzoil Camaro TA
  • 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Prostock
  • 1966 Cooper T81 Maserati
  • 1954 Ferrari 500 TR
  • 1988 Ford #20 Benetton B188
  • 1990 Ford #20 Benetton B190
  • 2014 Ford Formula 4
  • 1966 Ford Lola T90
  • 1998 Ford #14 Mustang SCCA
  • 1954 Kurtis Kraft KK500C
  • 2018 Lotus Evora GT4 (LOT_99_EvoraGT4_18, although there might be a possibility where this may refer to the Lotus Evora GT 430)
  • 2014 Lotus EXOS T125
  • 2013 Mazda USF 2000
  • 2018 Mazda #55 Mazda Team Joest RT24-P
  • 1974 McLaren M16C
  • 1969 McLaren M6GT
  • 1923 Miller 122
  • 1988 Penske PC17 Chevrolet
  • 1993 Penske PC23 Mercedes-Benz
  • 1970 Plymouth #48 Barracuda Trans-Am Barrett Jackson Edition
  • 1976 Tyrrell #3 P34

Kind of a blessing in disguise, tho, as outside of the Tour de France the Matra raced with clear headlights.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had the Brands Hatch wings as a modification?
View attachment 1344897
Let's put that up in the Suggestions Hub: OEM Visual Customization for Racing Cars

I've been waiting for customization parts for the Porsche 956, such as headlight covers, alternate splitters and front spoilers raced by privateers and spoilers ffrom the Lotus 49s that raced after 1967.

Last edited:
Only inaccuracy that I find in the MS650's model is the headlights, which should have been yellow. I'm also wondering if the foglights of the actual MS650 that raced in the Tour de France could appear as visual customization for the MS650 in Forza Motorsport.
Kind of a blessing in disguise, tho, as outside of the Tour de France the Matra raced with clear headlights.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had the Brands Hatch wings as a modification?
1712633890725.png

That was a big update even for me with 1GB internet speed. It took nearly 20 minutes to install.

I think both the Carousel and the Mini Carousel on the Nordschleife feel different and sound different. Before I barely heard anything at all on The Carousel but now it's more of a pronounced "thump, thump, thump" when going over each concrete section.

Brands Hatch was no big surprise. I've driven tons of laps around it in other games. However an old friend from the past popped up as I was finishing my first lap.

Brands Hatch Black track.png

The disappearing track showed up again. Haven't seen that for the last few updates or so.

My thoughts on this update...

The AI. Slight improvements over last update. They seem to race cleaner and not a single turn 1 pileup or running off track so far. I do wish the difficulty slider went to 10 or each one was made a little harder, sometimes they are pushovers and I can snag 1st place with ease which could be because they are racing more cautiously/cleaner and not necessarily faster.

The game also seems to look prettier from the main car in the selection screen and main menu to on track and in the pits to in car view. The environment also looks a bit more colorful, I swear they did something but it does look a little better.

The cars. I did test drive the last 3 DLC cars and the reward cars and so far im digging the Ginetta the most. It is well balanced with grip, speed, braking and even looks and sounds decent. The Ligier needs more sound grunt its weird. Its close but not as grunty and rumbly sound wise as the real life one. The Brabham is a nice little vintage sports car to toss around, should fit right in. All we need there is a porsche 906 and a Maserati Tipo 151. The Matra is decent too and its great seeing it on track battling the other vintage prototypes but that v12, just like the Ligiers v8 sounds weird. And the Renault helps boost the ever growing Formula 70s division and fun car too with its turbo engine, now all we need is the Brabham Bt46 back and a Tyrrell P34 and that class is full with great choices. Not a bad update they continue to touch on details here and im not giving up on T10 right now. It does suck we wont get another track for 2 months though, absolutely lame as hell and still need new spotlight cars not in game recycles.

Last edited:
Well, what do you guys think of Update 7?

They massacred the car sounds even more - the 812 e.g. and applied that wrong sound to all the modern Ferrari V12s.

This just keeps getting better and better. :boggled:

Well, what do you guys think of Update 7?

Multiplayer seems much better with the proximity arrows, liking it so far.

Saw these posted in a discord last night

2020 MG #20 MG6 >>> new bhp 321bhp down from 340bhp

2018 Peugeot #7 308 >>> new bhp 326 down from 343bhp

2018 Subaru #1 Levorg >>> new bhp 393 up from 361bhp

2020 Hyundai #98 Veloster N - new bhp 371bhp up from 361bhp

Keen to see how competitive the Levorg is now, it's fun to drive so looking forward to try it again.

I'm sad we have no Speirling as I was curious about how it would perform and how the sucker fans were simulated, and I wanted to play with power cuts on it and paint it as it looks like a smooshed Micro Machines version of an LMP1 car... but this set of cars makes up for it.

While it's disappointing we got no new Spotlight Cars, the quality of the Car Pass cars is enough to make up for it this time. The last few updates haven't had much in the way of new Spotlight Cars, so my guess is they are saving some of those "missing" cars like the Camaro TA and Mazda DPi for Spotlight Cars in updates after the Car Pass is over so there is still some new stuff to talk about.

The end of the Car Pass is going to make the next update interesting. While it's getting better, I feel like the game still isn't really in a state where they can fall off with bringing new content in updates. If tracks get rarer and only 1 or 2 of the prize/Spotlight Cars are new, then I think they will have to really bring big improvements to the gameplay side of things to keep a lot of people interested. Single player needs more than a few seemingly RNG-created championships, and multiplayer needs some things to mix it up, and both need a bunch of QoL features and to open up some options to give them some depth and replayability.

Taking the cars for a drive, the LMP3 and Ginetta are excellent, the Matra is pretty good (but doesn't sound special), Renault is fine I guess, but the Brabham is suprisingly... uncooperative. Doesn't like to turn in, and you have to be really gentle in trailbraking as too much brake and it just plows, I found it much harder to be fast and consistent in than significantly faster/more powerful vintage sportscars like the Matra or Lotus 40. Will be interesting to see what it's like after some tuning.

I forgot to go play around with it, but assuming it works the stretch tool in the paint shop is a neat addition. The proximity arrows still aren't great but they are better/more consistent at least. Another minor thing that I didn't see mentioned in the patch notes but is very nice for organized leagues is that when running "compare best lap" lobbies, fast dirty laps no longer overwrite clean laps. Still don't understand why they can't put things like in this in the notes though...

Keen to see how competitive the Levorg is now, it's fun to drive so looking forward to try it again.
Hmm, the Subaru and Veloster changes are interesting. The Subaru was kind of a no-stop gimmick car, but it will be interesting to see if it's still as gentle on its tires with an extra 30hp, which is pretty significant. Most tracks still required some finesse to make through the medium length races and with that much extra power will probably require being a bit more gentle, but it could make it OP for medium length races.

The Veloster I'm not sure about... I've only driven it once because it sounds horrible, but it seemed like it was pretty strong on speed-leaned tracks anyways and I've seen people run very solid times with it. Didn't really seem power was what it needed to be an overall strong car, but it could be very quick on speed tracks now.

Nice to see the MG knocked down a peg. I like it because it's fairly "unique" as far as TCR cars go and I like it's looks kinda, but I never drove it since it was the "meta" car and it's the only car in the division I don't have a win with to complete Devon's challenge... So I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow after my league race... Or actually probably not if TC is still on the short length races.

Last edited:
Interesting BOP for the Touring Cars, but didn't they also need to BOP the GT3 cars?

P.S. FM23 physics built from the ground up, Jelly Cars have never been like this before:

(yes, the video is hilarious)

Last edited:
@Morbid65 I may be missing something glaringly obvious,but where do they advertise the BOP changes for car?
They don't, for some reason...

To add to the head-scratchery... You have to take them out on track and bring up telemetry to see what peak power is and compare with what their previous power was (or be big brain and wait for someone else to do it). You have to check with telemetry because their PI and horsepower/power to weight ratios don't change in their stats in the lobby/car select screen... Which kinda indicates they are changing power with some hidden buckets and power handicaps.

You would think changes like that might be mentioned in patch notes, as they are quite important changes for the primary and most popular Featured Multiplayer lobbies, and (assuming they didn't screw them up) would be something for the community to be positive about, but Turn 10 still can't figure out how to make complete patch notes.

Anyone else thinks that lightning is slightly better after update?
I was driving today (from cockpit view) and had feeling that game looks little better...
Only wish or someone else felt same?
Yeah I mentioned up above the game does looks prettier. I didnt pay attention to the lighting specifically but I did notice colors look a little better. Ill do a quick race and check lighting too

Over on FM.net there was a post regarding seams on some of the tracks,a few pics were put up but I dont really know what im supposed to be looking at! I assume this is some sort of graphics glitch and not the seams that join 1 piece of tarmac to another?

Over on FM.net there was a post regarding seams on some of the tracks,a few pics were put up but I dont really know what im supposed to be looking at! I assume this is some sort of graphics glitch and not the seams that join 1 piece of tarmac to another?

You can sometimes see a faint white line in certain places as you're driving, kinda jarring, assume it's the seams of the 3d models where the polygon's haven't been stitched together properly.

@syphe I see,I will probably notice it now.lol

@PJTierney GT7 generally advertise the changes to BOP with there updates,wonder why FM doesnt.
I don't know either. Maybe it's not deemed important enough to mention. Either that or it wasn't something the patch notes writer noticed when compiling the list (most patches for games of this size contain hundreds of fixes, the vast majority being minor/backend stuff not worth mentioning).

Update 7 also added 2 race suits which weren't mentioned in the notes.

This is exactly the kind of cars I was hoping to see this update, some excellent additions. Hopefully with the few more AI tweaks they did I will have some great vintage racing in freeplay.
On a side note I wonder if the McMurtry is suffering the same fate as the Maserati MC20 and wont be in due to licensing.

It's was added recently in AI files, so who knows.
image-139.png

Can`t find the new cars in my game even if I`ve bought "everything", what am I missing? (no, not the download)
The cars aren't out yet and are officially released to the general public once a week starting from tomorrow.

I think people here are previewing them by setting up private multiplayer sessions and driving them as rentals.

Last edited:
The cars aren't out yet and are officially released to the general public once a week starting from tomorrow.

I think people here are previewing them by setting up private multiplayer sessions and driving them as rentals.
Thanks, I saw RolexGTP had driven them so I was left wondering.

You don't need to set up a private multiplayer session - as of update 6, the same trick works in Free Play (after you've completed a session of any kind with a currently-available rental or an owned vehicle).

That was a big update even for me with 1GB internet speed. It took nearly 20 minutes to install.

I think both the Carousel and the Mini Carousel on the Nordschleife feel different and sound different. Before I barely heard anything at all on The Carousel but now it's more of a pronounced "thump, thump, thump" when going over each concrete section.

Brands Hatch was no big surprise. I've driven tons of laps around it in other games. However an old friend from the past popped up as I was finishing my first lap.

View attachment 1344900

The disappearing track showed up again. Haven't seen that for the last few updates or so.
"Hello darkness my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again..."

(always been disappointed since I found out this kept Waterloo Sunset off the number 1 spot!)

@PJTierney Are you a Citrus man?
20240409_205659.jpg

Or a Vintage one?
20240409_205714.jpg

On the Series S, the driver suits on the podium scene are now all blurry (they weren't before), but the graphics on track seem less blurry than before.

Last edited:
Thanks, I saw RolexGTP had driven them so I was left wondering.
1. Go to freeplay
2. Advance setup
3. Choose any car you want
4. Scroll until it says test drive.pick a track
5. Start race and wait until you cross the starting line then hit pause and exit, to event menu.
6. Go to event set up again, tab right to "cars" . Then make sure car division is "any"
7. Select make and model of any car not available to play yet and it should load right up to test drive. Repeat steps 5-7 for the next car you want to drive. Done

Back