Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
I do have to say after the last update i found myself playing the new FM more 🙂

The lighting looks better, there are no weird white and yellowlike filters over the screen in certain day/time conditions like before, car paint looks much better saturated and i even switched from Performance to Performance RT on Series X and no crashes and weird reflections.

One might say it's really step in right direction but little too late i think 🤔 don't get me wrong i will probably finish events i didn't last time i played and hop to some featured mp but still gonna play more of Horizon 5 or Motorfest 🙂

Only thing that ruins visual quality now is old 3d models and low res skybox (clouds, sun, etc.) but i guess the latter one is no problem on PC since my buddy told me during our little drive on Green Hell that night sky and moon looked amazing even though i didn't have any moon on my screen on Xbox 😅

Edit : also no crashing in mp or tour reset is a huge win for me 😁

Last edited:
Hi people, I've been keeping an eye on the patch notes to see if manual gridding has been added back in but I don't recall seeing it.

Has anyone been able to get the 'grid ordering by previous race result' to work in private multiplayer?

The few times I've tried this, the grid order for the next race has been random regardless of the settings.

The blacks seem less grey if it's not just my imagination.
The game also seems to look prettier from the main car in the selection screen and main menu to on track and in the pits to in car view. The environment also looks a bit more colorful, I swear they did something but it does look a little better.
Anyone else thinks that lightning is slightly better after update?
I was driving today (from cockpit view) and had feeling that game looks little better...
Only wish or someone else felt same?
The lighting looks better, there are no weird white and yellowlike filters over the screen in certain day/time conditions like before, car paint looks much better saturated and i even switched from Performance to Performance RT on Series X and no crashes and weird reflections.
I have tested this and they have made some changes to the lighting and color temp. The color temp is more neutral now and far more realistic than the warm color temp before. The Anisotropic texture filtering is also better and shows more detail in mid distance textures. But there are also some things not working right, like DLSS DLAA doesn't work for whatever reason and it looks like the GI is not working correctly. Performance is also a little better than before and it runs smoother for a longer time.

Left is before patch 7 and right is patch 7 (its also zoomed in 200% to make it easier to see the difference)
testing.jpg

I think it drops a little bit later today, maybe around 7:00 pm EST my time,

"2019 Ginetta G55 GT4 (April 10 5pm PT | April 11 12am UTC)"

Last edited:
Sorry,my bad.I didnt read the date/time.Its an age thing. :lol:

To add.Ive had a few hours in freeplay trying out the new cars on Brands.Ive got to say I found the Brabham BT24 a real handul,back end trying to step out if your harsh with the throttle.Good fun but a bit much for me though.
Apart from the long loading issue in the livery editor all seems ok on XSX.I found the first load up of decals in the editor took the longest,after that they were ok until saving,which took a while as usual.
Ive not had the issues a lot of people have had on XSX,ive had a couple of crashes but colours are vibrant and HDR seems to work as it should,im on a mid-budget 4k TV.All in all a not too shabby experience for me,a few more career races would be great as would leaving the time gated races behind but it is what it is.👍

Last edited:
new update, new bug. When i start a rece, i get a I receive the vram exceeded warning, but on setting says i use 7gb of 10 vram
An 8 GB graphics card at 1080p and resolution scale of 100% will run out of VRAM with the ultra setting (and it doesn't look that great, 150% resolution at medium setting is better). At the high settings it will use about 7 GB of VRAM.

Last edited:
Do you have one of the Intel CPUs that is experiencing that problem?

no, i have a 3080
An 8 GB graphics card at 1080p and resolution scale of 100% will run out of VRAM with the ultra setting (and it doesn't look that great, 150% resolution at medium setting is better). At the high settings it will use about 7 GB of VRAM.
I will try DF sugestion and see how works and maybe turn off DLSS Anyway, something is not matching, after update

Last edited:
Last night I ran the E class open series race at VIR and I got the suggestion to either move further back in the grid or raise difficulty so I thought I would give 12th on the grid a try to see if it was any better. Big mistake. Just an absolute crash fest and I got punted off twice at turn 1 on two starts. Restarted again from 8th and sailed right through with a normal race.

I've got details in the wheels that are now wiggling all over the place, also in some of the background. This is on PC after the latest update.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how much difference simply removing a filter can make to a game’s visual presentation
I hope whoever made the decision to put that horrible yellow filter on everything never works in the video game industry ever again
Sepia does not, has not and never will look good

Well, on my PC side of things, with an 8 GB Radeon graphics card and Intel i3 CPU, at 1080p with no upscaler, 150% scale resolution at medium visuals (with some specific high settings and 4x anisotropic filtering) looks better than 100% scale resolution at high visuals because... my eyeballs, I guess. Frames take a hit, at least on the benchmark, but AMD's fluid motion frames save my day, so, 144 fps all day.

Back