Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Just imported a Viper ACR paint I'd made in FH5 and every face was completely off. I had to readjust everything just to make it look right again, not an easy thing to do with the nerfed livery editor camera controls.

I never have seen a game being received more negatively than FM. Reddit is an absolute bloodbath and even gaming media is extremely negative (mainly due to the low player numbers)

There are obviously some issues especially on the PC side, and folks having these issues are being very vocal, plus the folks that hate the levelling system. But the negativity is very centralised to especially the Forza forums and Reddit, twitter which is usually a cesspool seems to mostly be filled with folks enjoying the game.

There are obviously some issues especially on the PC side, and folks having these issues are being very vocal, plus the folks that hate the levelling system. But the negativity is very centralised to especially the Forza forums and Reddit, twitter which is usually a cesspool seems to mostly be filled with folks enjoying the game.
I enjoy the game very much, since i like the physics, gameplay, graphics and most of the sounds. But the game is soo bugged on pc that there are missing track side details, foliage, trees and grass compared to the Xbox version on all tracks. It looks like the pc version doesn't feature the latest build of the tracks. And than you have some serious performance issues on top of that.

Ok I've had it with career mode. For the second time, I've left my car stock until race 4 of the challenge. Then upgraded it, but apparently my changes didn't install but all of the AI cars upgraded. Plus it's using versions of tracks I don't like and would never ever use anyway.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 160625.png

I was wondering why my practice time was so far off of the pole sitter and now I see why. But I know I was able to upgrade for race 5 in other challenges.

I've done it, I've actually come up with settings for the G27 and the game feels pretty damn good. Steering feels a bit heavy but I can fix that next time I unfold the wheelstand.

wclyyff.jpg

Logitech Profiler settings
NSCTzr4.png

Last edited:
I’ve now got fast enough to set the AI to level 4. I’ve noticed that AI in the mid pack will lose the ability to apply throttle once I catch them. Leading elements of AI slow their pace once I get within range of them and the leader is not catchable if I start at the back due to its first lap speed.

AI speed varies from track to track. Once race I can win, another I can get a podium and in another I’m in the bottom half of the top ten.

The game crashed after I’d reached level 49 in my Civic. Luckily it only cost me one level so it wasn’t a big deal. I’ve had several crashes when I switch on dynamic track rubber in advanced Free Play.
Going through the class races, I'm managing to get from 16 to 3-1 now on L5, although it depends on the car.
They can't live with my Supra now. (Don't think I've raced Watkins Glen at night before, even in PC2, pretty nice.)
2.jpg

I can fix that next time I unfold the wheelstand
Which wheel stand do you use? And, how do you like it?

I've been using the playset challenge since 2017. it's still great but I bang my knees a lot. Looking for something a little more comfortable

Which wheel stand do you use? And, how do you like it?

I've been using the playset challenge since 2017. it's still great but I bang my knees a lot. Looking for something a little more comfortable

I completely neglected the "And, how do you like it?" question, apologies.

I like it quite a bit. I wish there was another shifter mount so I could have the G27's shifter on the opposite (left; TH8RS is on the right) side, primarily for the buttons and d-pad. It's nice and sturdy, and folds up into a compact enough package. And when I inevitably get a better wheel, I won't have to pick up anything new — just retire the G27, slap on the new wheel and I'm good to go.

I've done it, I've actually come up with settings for the G27 and the game feels pretty damn good. Steering feels a bit heavy but I can fix that next time I unfold the wheelstand.

Hh2M8PM.jpg
Most of my G920 settings aren't too far off, on XSX so no Logitech Profiler, although I'm using way less vibration and lower on the road feel, but how did you come up with the 100% steering sensitivity? Most of the guides I've watched and read suggest leaving that at 50. Might give it a try just to see myself, ALMOST happy where it is now though.

Most of my G920 settings aren't too far off, on XSX so no Logitech Profiler, although I'm using way less vibration and lower on the road feel, but how did you come up with the 100% steering sensitivity? Most of the guides I've watched and read suggest leaving that at 50. Might give it a try just to see myself, ALMOST happy where it is now though.

A setting carried over from FM7 (where wheels felt like trash, at least mine did). When I take the wheel for a spin again tomorrow to iron out the heaviness, I'll dial that back down to 50% and see if it makes any difference.

I drove the Lamborghini Huracan STO last night and I found it to be rather boring after doing a few laps around Mugello. It sounds alright but the driving experience isn't that exciting compared to the 488 Pista, Aventador SVJ and SF-90. The car is missing the drama that I would associate with Lamborghini, which is a shame to be honest. I'll try the Performante to see if it's any better but I don't feel so bad about the STO's omission from GT7 now. Even the 718 Cayman is more exciting to drive.

I drove the Lamborghini Huracan STO last night and I found it to be rather boring after doing a few laps around Mugello
This is disappointing to hear. That car in PC2 was phenomenal.

I've been grinding the career in lesser cars with the anticipation of driving some supercar beast and the Huracan was something I was looking forward to.

My son-in-law and I went to the Rolex 24 at Daytona a couple years ago and Lamborghini had numerous cars on display and of course, that was one of them.

Just complete immaturity & elementary playground mentality at work in it right now. I imagine most of those upset with the graphics are PC guys, but no one is elaborating what platform they're on for the most part.
This Digital Foundry video isn't elementary, lying to Xbox players is.

This post in the Forza forums isn't elementary, it's excellent and the devs should each have a copy beside their nightlights.

I enjoy the game very much, since i like the physics, gameplay, graphics and most of the sounds. But the game is soo bugged on pc that there are missing track side details, foliage, trees and grass compared to the Xbox version on all tracks. It looks like the pc version doesn't feature the latest build of the tracks. And than you have some serious performance issues on top of that.

What do you have set for dynamic render quality? I know it has been mentioned loads of times that it just effects resolution, but in my testing it also controlled grass detail, so I wonder if it also changes many of the details you mentioned. I certainly agree, there are some major issues on PC, here's hoping these are fixed ASAP, as there is a great game (IMO) behind the bugs.

Reddit's a cesspool at the moment, even positive threads/comments start getting hit with downvotes. Lots of gross exaggeration like, "This game looks worse than FM4". Images being shared that can be explained by what's going on graphically, but it's easier to gain upvotes than listen to reason. People literally using the word "bootlicker" if you support the dev. over something in the game.

Just complete immaturity & elementary playground mentality at work in it right now. I imagine most of those upset with the graphics are PC guys, but no one is elaborating what platform they're on for the most part.

This post in the Forza forums isn't elementary, it's excellent and the devs should each have a copy beside their nightlights.

Neither of these are Reddit posts and nobody said there was anything wrong with balanced criticism.

If you'd quoted @McLaren's post in full instead of using his second paragraph out of context to imply that he was criticising DF or the forza.net post above, I think you'd see why his complaint didn't apply to what you posted and why so many people agreed with him.

And no, I'm not defending Turn 10's release strategy either. Digital Foundry are right and they shouldn't have advertised the game prior to release with assets that aren't in it when it launches. But they said the game didn't look terrible and certainly not worse than FM4 as the Redditor did in his post.

DF also said in another video that tracks had to be rebuilt for the new physics, so perhaps this is why they weren't all available at launch. It's not a cash grab if they release them for free. Perhaps it's an artificial strategy to extend player engagement as your forza.net poster believes, but if so then it won't work if no one is playing the game by the time they're released. Microsoft need to be open about the problems with the game and what they're doing to fix them if they're serious about not wanting this to happen.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if circuit racing was still my thing, especially as I'd gone cold on doing the same old thing on GT7 and been seeking out some more of the open-ended PC sims such as ATS and Beam. However, seeing how much it was being pilloried on socials, I decided to try it on Game Pass yesterday and I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

I started with the Civic and for the next series I've gone with the Golf R 7.5, so I've yet to try anything RWD. That said, I am really pleased with the physics, giving enough safety understeer to seem plausible at track speed, but enough adjustability off throttle and with trail braking to be enjoyable. Sure, it has its share of old content repackaged, but it also has the E36 323ti and Ghibli Cup, and I've dearly missed those since Forza 6.

All in all, I think it's a good return to form after 7 left me cold and bored of the genre.

Last edited:
Has anyone dug through the game files for clues, like some people do in the Forza Horizon 5 thread?

I saw in the private lobby filters that there were a few car types that you can set as restrictions that don’t have rental cars yet, a notable example is the DW 18 (previous generation IndyCar from Forza Motorsport 7).

That post was actually terrible, it was contradictory throughout. Demanding that every car and track be copy/pasted from previous games, then complaining about the result of copy/pasting content. You can't demand that every single car and track from previous games be in the game, then whine that FM1 cars don't have modeled engines and trunks. That's what happens when models get reused, they lack newer features. Speculating that their favorite tracks are being intentionally withheld and hinting that they'll probably be paid DLC despite the developers saying that will not happen, and that the next track to be added (Yas Marina) is still in development. "Why is the Nurburgring GP in but not the 13 mile Nordschleife?" Gee I wonder, maybe because the Nordschleife is 13 miles and takes as long to make as multiple smaller tracks. If they prioritized the Nordschleife instead, we'd be seeing "Why are there only 15 tracks in the game?!" posts. "Why isn't this track from a previous game in this one? They have the model!" If they bothered to read or listen to the developers, they'd know the old track models aren't compatible with the new physics. Besides, if the models had just been copy/pasted, we'd be seeing complaints about that instead.

No, they won't have every car and track from every game every time. You can't expect them to add Alpine Ring from FM1, or just throw FM4's Fujimi Kaido model into the new game. It doesn't work that way. And they can't remodel everything to fit in with the new features every time, either.

The person who wrote that post has no idea what goes into the development of a game. Completely clueless, it comes off as a kid who just wants everything all at once and can't understand why that isn't possible. A good chunk of the post was "Why aren't there 20 different versions of the Toyota MR2?" as if it doesn't take time to model each model variant that they mentioned.

This post in the Forza forums isn't just elementary, it's absolute guff.

Last edited:

Neither of those are Reddit. Don't clip my post if you are not going to read it in full.

Edit* I stopped reading after the 1st paragraph in that Forza forum post. That user does not understand licensing just does not carry over game to game, and they happened to use the 1 manufacturer as an example that Microsoft/Turn10/Playground Games clearly ran into issue with a few years back that may still be affecting the franchise.

On top of that, it is a little refreshing to see someone who literally wants cars "copied and pasted" from old games, esp. when they assume it is the same model/physics under neath, given the massive (justified) criticism of T10 using cars with outdated source material.

Last edited:
It's because of Terrible cpu usage. It seems single threaded. Everybody has a cpu bottleneck.
Specifically, it's the CPU rendering side of things rather than the game simulation aspect. The game calls it "GPU rendering" in the benchmark results, but that's a typo, it means CPU rendering.

This article is probably fairly old (but can't be older than 2015, as it refers to Windows 10), but at the time of writing it said that most games still have single threaded CPU rendering. It discusses the issues around making it multi-threaded - it's not as simple as some people might think to make it multi-threaded in a way that significantly increases performance.

Specifically, it's the CPU rendering side of things rather than the game simulation aspect. The game calls it "GPU rendering" in the benchmark results, but that's a typo, it means CPU rendering.

This article is probably fairly old (but can't be older than 2015, as it refers to Windows 10), but at the time of writing it said that most games still have single threaded CPU rendering. It discusses the issues around making it multi-threaded - it's not as simple as some people might think to make it multi-threaded in a way that significantly increases performance.

Nothing about making a game is simple, but it's doable. Forza Horizon 5 has great CPU core scaling

The fanboys have no depths they won't goto. I now see screenshots popping up on my feed from people trying to pass of PC on low settings as Xbox shots. What's worse is that high profile folks like Jimmy Broadbent are being fooled by this.

Remember folks, if you see a screenshot with no grass, it's a sure fire way to tell the image has been captured on Low settings. Some clown isn't even trying to hide it, with keyboard shortcuts displayed in the screenshot, idiots

Latest Posts

Back