Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,328 comments
I'm just glad we got another LMDH to join the Cadillac, a couple nice classic racers although I wish they would start going beyond 3-6 cars a month without any paid DLC. We should be getting 10-12 a month with how many cars they can recycle and add that's new to FM. But having Sebring back is much welcomed. On the flip side it's hard to be too optimistic with update 10 and beyond other then multiclass coming, more AI tweaks and another recycled track.

I'm hanging out for radar, Bathurst, and any configuration of the new Mustang (GT3 or supercar I don't care). I won't be able to MP until July, so if radar is included in update 10 I'll be a happy man.

I had a race on Sebring in the Porsche and enjoyed it a lot more than in previous titles, felt a bit easier to get around the track than I remember.

Interestingly, they didn't mention that next month is a no-track update, so curious what the speculation will be for next month's track, wonder if the files will have some more hints

Last edited:
Yeah... pretty disappointing.

I lost the hype for Sebring once the 12 Hour had come and gone. Would much rather have Bathurst, Sonoma, Road Atlanta, or Monza back but I guess a new track is still good either way. It definitely feels a little different now but still not a place I'm going to choose to run at very often. It is nice to see the kerbs being less wacky than they were in previous games.

Just 2 new cars locked behind career grind, a $5 DLC for a single car (even if most of us will get it free), and no new "Spotlight" cars is very disappointing. At least the cars we did get are pretty cool though.

The Nissan isn't the one I would have chosen but it's still pretty neat. Drives just like you would expect so not really that surprising or unique but I guess it's always good to get more prototypes from this era.

The Chevron is a sweetheart, and pretty unique since we don't get race cars from that era that are slow or sensible in many games (although I'm sure most who use it will just upgrade it a bunch). I'm liking that they are adding slower prototype-y cars of various eras, like the Brabham BT5 (although it turned out to be miserable to drive) and the LMP3. Maybe we will finally see a Group C2 car at some point?

The Porsche... well I'd never choose it willingly over the Cadillac, but it's a good addition I suppose. It further reinforces my suspicion that there is something wacky with the Cadillac though. Out of the box the Porsche does prototype-y things, aka it feels pointy and somewhat stiff and can be unsettled over kerbs. The Cadillac though, even running super aggressive tuning (think stuff you do to a FWD touring car) it still understeers quite bad, but puts its power down much easier. They almost don't feel like cars from the same class really.

The list of "fixes" and features and stuff is hugely disappointing though. Another clunky solution in a big wall for the Laguna Seca pitlane is still positive I guess, if a bit eye-roll-worthy. The "Long" races could be fun for multiplayer, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of DNFs in them, but looking forward to trying them out later in the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm generally having fun with the game doing organized racing and playing with friends and I'm going to keep playing it for years to come... but it's getting harder to be optimistic for this being a "new leaf" for the series. It has been improving slowly and I'm sure with all the problems they had that they have a lot of work to do, but from the outside it really doesn't feel like they are making any significant effort to "right the ship" and are content to kinda do just barely enough to justify calling things an "update." I get that some features and additions take lots of time, but we generally have very little in the way of "roadmap" communication from T10, and they seemingly have a ton of cars from FH5, a bunch of track variants for tracks that already exist in-game, and then a bunch of "old" content to turn into "returning" content to spice things up and have a little bit more to build up some interest with but they just kinda... aren't.
For some reason it's making me reinstall the entire 131gb game on my series x right now
Ditto. Great.

I think its happened because the download failed due to lack of free SSD space, then glitched and got stuck. When I restarted the console it needed to download the whole game. My Internet kinda sucks too.
When you guys checked your queue, did it just say "Installing..." but not actually start downloading? That happened to me last update, and when I restarted my Xbox it had to redownload the entire game (which took me 8 hours on my internet).

Mine did the same thing this time, but instead I clicked "Pause update" then waited for a few mins and clicked "Resume update" and it updated like normal.

Too late for you guys this time, but if this is gonna be a regular thing it might be worth remembering to try it in the future.
Interesting that they've fixed the Nordschleife curbs which can only be because of the negative reaction they caused (same as the pit exit before).
They didn't really fix them, they just changed how a few look, added the hatch brick stuff behind a few, and changed the first kerb at Wipperman (which is good). The heights and shapes are still wrong for a ton of them, the most obviously wrong ones out of all of them (Sabine exit kerb, Hatzenbach right kerb, Brunnchen 2 exit kerb) are stlll the same, and they aren't "2024 accurate" as claimed. One positive though is that they did not update the kerb for the exit of Foxhole, as that is one change made for 2024 that I do not think is positive at all.

You called it the other day with the time limited endurance stuff. While I may think the time limited "Featured Tour" things are stupid I kinda get why they are doing it, but what I don't get is why they have done zero for the pathetic career mode in this game, like not even 1 new Tour in 9 updates. I don't think they have even acknowledged that the career is lacking in any way or hinted at stuff to come in the future. When they don't even acknowledge or address things, it's hard to be positive about it getting better in the future, and it's the same thing many of us have felt about other aspects of the series for... 15+ years now.

Last edited:
Something about the Porsche going paid after a certain date doesn't sit right with me at all. We're using FOMO for DLC? Come on now.

Gotta feel for anyone on holiday trying to explain to any non-technical person to try and grab it for them.

£4 for one is scary thinking ahead, there's a semi-nice pack of 3x Porsche + a VW truck premium Hot Wheels (usually £9 each) in Smyths for £15 (down from £25) just now, but FM's more for a virtual copy we can't even resell...

Just did a 20 lap race with the Porsche 963 at Sebring against a field of DPIs and LMDH and it was great! The 963 had become my most wanted car for Forza Motorsport and it does not disappoint in the slightest!

Sunset at Sebring going into to the last turn (probably names Sunset bend for that reason) is plain scary with how much you are blinded. Great fun and respect the bumps :)

I wonder if this limited time freebie with it being €4,99 is a way for Turn10 to license the car. If it is, bring on more!

Turned a couple laps on this new recreation of Sebring and... Wow. It's finally fun to drive. The bumps definitely require the proper amount of respect, tho.

The 963 is around 1.5s faster than the Cadillac around the track - which is hardly unsurprising if one's to look at the FIA BOP sheets. The Caddy is a barge compared to the Porsche, but it's more stable under braking. I decided to finish this track reconnaissance with the Matra.

Also, are my eyes deceiving me, or have they changed something with the XBX graphics again?

Sebring was one of the most dreaded tracks in FM7 because I had no feel for the flat track, especially the Sunset bend (which is gorgeous at sunset, appropriately), and other fast turns, but now I'm getting to like it. I can't wait for those endurance events.

Sebring was one of the most dreaded tracks in FM7 because I had no feel for the flat track, especially the Sunset bend (which is gorgeous at sunset, appropriately), and other fast turns, but now I'm getting to like it. I can't wait for those endurance events.
FM23 physics is particularly a huge step forwards over FM7 on fast twisting sections, which we have 2 of in Sebring. I was never able to get the pair of chicanes smooth in FM7 for some reason, but I know I can do a lot better in FM23.

If I caught the Patch Notes correctly this morning, they mentioned the kerbs were updated on the Nurburgring. Haven't seen anything pointing out which ones, but hopefully they are the ones people were pointing out that you can't/shouldn't use them on the real circuit. Would make some people happy the track is a bit more accurate, imo.
Interesting that Penskes logos are present. Every other of their cars lost their logos in FM7 and then didn’t make the jump across to FM.
Probably an exclusive licensing agreement to that particular car given its the new "It" car alongside the other Hypercars.

Edit* New lighting in the garage is a tremendous upgrade.

I know many want all-new tracks (& I share that sentiment), but so far, these returning tracks at least present a new driving experience on them (with the new physics compared to FM7, of course). And I think Sebring might be the biggest jump from FM7 compared to the other returning tracks. The angle of some turns look different than how I remembered them in FM7 (particularly Turns 11-12 and through the area of 14-16) & this is no longer the smooth surfaced track it was in past games. Before, the Ullman Straight & the last turn were about the most you could feel bumps in the circuit. Now, Turns 8-9 & 13 have obvious changes in the asphalt that you can feel unsettling the car. Turn 1 also feels much more challenging & rewarding to get right since you can feel the front straight affecting your entry. And visually, like the rest, it looks much, much better. I even like the little detail of the private jet taking off as you come onto the Ullman straight. Plus, as I've said before, it's such a welcoming change to finally race this track in new lighting other than sunset & the rare midday setting in FM7.

It does make me excited to see what COTA will look like if it's way down the pipeline (so other new tracks can come in first).

Last edited:
25 laps, 45 minute races?!?!? Oh my aching back!!! I'm already squirming after 3 laps on the Nordschleife trying to get my back to calm down. I'll need to keep my keyboard from going to sleep so I can pause at a good place to get up and walk around for a bit.
Meanwhile myself and @Vic Reign93 hotlapped Nordschleife to “cool down” from intense C-Class racing, in X in the AMR Pro.

We’re currently P1 and P2 on the new leaderboard 😅

If I caught the Patch Notes correctly this morning, they mentioned the kerbs were updated on the Nurburgring. Haven't seen anything pointing out which ones, but hopefully they are the ones people were pointing out that you can't/shouldn't use them on the real circuit. Would make some people happy the track is a bit more accurate, imo.
Just hotlapped it for half an hour. Some kerbs definitely look repainted, and others at first glance seem a little taller than before. There’s one or two I used to take flat in the AMR Pro that I currently stay clear of, but I imagine the more I hotlap the more I’ll find the limits.

I’m already within 3 seconds off my previous PB (which was 4.57) and I know I’ve got more time in the car.

Last edited:
FM23 physics is particularly a huge step forwards over FM7 on fast twisting sections, which we have 2 of in Sebring. I was never able to get the pair of chicanes smooth in FM7 for some reason, but I know I can do a lot better in FM23.
This bodes well for that twisty maze in the middle of Mount Panorama.

Last edited:
Meanwhile myself and @Vic Reign93 hotlapped Nordschleife to “cool down” from intense C-Class racing, in X in the AMR Pro.

We’re currently P1 and P2 on the new leaderboard 😅
200.gif

:) :)

What are the origins of the base livery of the Chevron B16? When I last checked RacingSportsCars, there was no such chassis with a white livery, number 8 and Castrol/Ferodo sponsors and an American flag.

Last edited:
I can't even use Sebring. It's a slideshow. Under 30 fps just like the memory leak crap that was happening before. Every other track seems to be working fine so far. Restarted game. Restarted computer. Sweet.

Edit: So I did Free Play races for an hour and a half skipping Sebring if it came up. Figured I'd try it one more time before turning it off, and it works. This game. 5 times no - 1 time yes. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Gotta feel for anyone on holiday trying to explain to any non-technical person to try and grab it for them.
I suppose if you're on holiday, all you need is an internet connection and you're good to go by logging into your Microsoft account and going to the store.

I suppose if you're on holiday, all you need is an internet connection and you're good to go by logging into your Microsoft account and going to the store.

Even better, if you've got something like this you can complete the featured tours

OIP.uKYK_ZWDPZWx2e4CGZisHgHaHa

I've been on holiday since 10th of May, just finished the last months tour last night, unfortunately I lost traction on the 2nd to last corner at Spa in the blue run-off area, smashed into the wall, was coming 2nd at the time, limped to the finish line and ended up 21st which dropped me 5 places in the series, oh well, at least it's done, I did feel like the experience on cloud gaming has improved since update 7, not sure what they've done but netcode issues aside I felt like especially in the latest update it has been a little easier to catch slides on my cloud controller.

MotoGamesTV has posted a comparison of the 2 tracks with updates this month, besides the obvious looks like there are some more tweaks to lighting, the sky-box in particular looks to have a lot more contrast

It has been improving slowly and I'm sure with all the problems they had that they have a lot of work to do, but from the outside it really doesn't feel like they are making any significant effort to "right the ship" and are content to kinda do just barely enough to justify calling things an "update." I get that some features and additions take lots of time, but we generally have very little in the way of "roadmap" communication from T10, and they seemingly have a ton of cars from FH5, a bunch of track variants for tracks that already exist in-game, and then a bunch of "old" content to turn into "returning" content to spice things up and have a little bit more to build up some interest with but they just kinda... aren't.

I'd have to disagree, while this update is kinda light in terms of fixes, they did put out a blog with a roadmap of what they have been working on just over a month ago, I know we'd all like to see those changes in as quick as possible, but it's hard to fault that communication to be fair, I'd much rather they've told us a radar is coming as an example than stay silent up until it gets released.

Last edited:
Finally redownloaded the game and got to try the 963, love it. Enjoy Sebring a lot too, know its not everyone's cup of tea but I like it. I'm sure the 963 will be added to Gran Turismo in like 2052 or something, until then I'll enjoy it here.

It's great seeing many positive comments here, on Twitter, Reddit etc :)

Really hope Turn10 gets positive motivation out of this and continues to deliver great updates because little by little this game is coming together. I think for me the Porsche 963 was the car I wanted most and to have it a month after seeing it race (and win) at the FIA WEC 6 Hours of Spa is just splendid, and right in time for Le Mans! :)

And when I was racing the 963at Sebring yesterday I realised why this track is so essential, it's very intense and hard to get right all the time. Its unique nature really adds a lot to the game and now we only miss Road Atlanta from the IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup.

Any new leaked files
From what I've seen on steamdb, as I don't have the game installed on PC, so there may have been something in a file I missed,, nothing. The only new car files are for the 3 new cars we're getting and the only new track files are for Sending. I'm not entirely sure if it means anything but there were a bunch of .bank files (for engine sounds) updated and they all had an additional .assets.bank file added. As for which engines, there were a lot but I'm guessing all of which are not new. Some were listed as generic, some were obvious (such as BMW i8) and some were a bit less obvious, Although they had the manufacturer name, it wasn't as clear as to which car if is from.

MotoGamesTV has posted a comparison of the 2 tracks with updates this month, besides the obvious looks like there are some more tweaks to lighting, the sky-box in particular looks to have a lot more contrast

I'm not particularly fond of it, but they've added a ton of dirt/sand blotches on the sides of the track throughout the 'Ring as well.

The more I play FM and it gets updated, the more I like it. The car list is so much more interesting than GT7, with some actual modern race cars like the 963. Good luck finding much beyond 2016 in GT7. Most of their tweaks and updates seem to improve the experience (take note EA, who have just pretty much broken FC24 adding the Euros) so while I'm sitting in the house with Covid I'll happily lap the Norschleife in my 963 and enjoy a game I initially tried to refund at launch I was so unimpressed.

Back