Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,235 comments
For the weekend I used a wheel and medals over my usual standard controller, I found I was far more accurate and consistent with the wheel, quite poor on the throttle, and faaaaaaaar worse on the brake, where almost all the increased laptime came from.

erm had a race at Homestead again but maybe there is a issue brewing as it was NOT a 5 lap race as i did one and a small bit laps and somehow got 4th

It's an interesting video. I've been saying for some time that cockpits are too dark, and you can see in that video that it's because games aren't correctly capturing how much light bounces around inside them in real life.

Some other elements of the game that look a bit "off", such as how low contrast it is in places, can also be seen to be caused by inadequate light modelling, meaning that elements aren't as dark as they should be when in the shadows.

I also wonder if some games are maybe doing a better job of modelling light when not using ray tracing, as I feel that, for example, FH5 and CS2 both do a decent job of looking more photo-realistic even without ray tracing.

Hopefully they'll sort out the glitches, add Nvidia ray reconstruction de-noising (DLSS 3.5), and make it available in the game as standard. When the 50 series cards are out, it should be possible to run at a decent frame rate with it turned on.

Last edited:
At this point I would not trade performance for RT global illumination, which let's be honest, is scenery dressing and not relevant to gameplay. It was a big mistake to show footage with RT global illumination since the Xbox with its Radeon architecture is unable to match that visuals/performance target of 60 fps (and the higher Radeon GPUs would struggle). Someone at Turn 10 should really lose their job for this.

Last edited:
I've just tried this out with a high quality target preset and it does work, making a significant difference in image quality with no discernable performance difference (bear in mind that benchmark shows average 75fps and I target 60fps).

Edit: Just to clarify what I did, I took the line <RTGI_Enabled value="1"/> from the C:\XboxGames\Forza Motorsport\Content\media\pcfamily\renderscenarios\VisualTarget>Race.xml file and put it into C:\XboxGames\Forza Motorsport\Content\media\pcfamily\renderscenarios\high>CarTheatre.xml, Cinematics.xml, FrontSpace.xml, Race.xml and Pitting.xml

Last edited:
Are modern F1 cars possibly coming to Forza Motorsport, as they've been found in the game files of FH5?

Have any of the dataminers found any clues regarding what track we might be getting in August?

Are modern F1 cars possibly coming to Forza Motorsport, as they've been found in the game files of FH5?

Have any of the dataminers found any clues regarding what track we might be getting in August?

This is misleading at best since it's positively ancient data and was cleansed from FH5 shortly after launch. Most of those IDs date back to when those cars were new IIRC.

Man where is the RTGI update :(. And why are the track details still missing in the pc version after soo many months. Just tried the visual mod and it just looks soo much better. This is what i expected from a current gen FM running on a high end pc.

55.jpg

59.jpg

53.jpg

51.jpg

I can't wait until the game gets to that graphical point without mods on xbox, just continuous updates. Maybe by update 15 for the start of the year we will have a fresh looking game. I do think besides the obvious engine sounds needing an overhaul, some small tweaks to the physics could be done down the road.

The fact that these files popped in the PC version can only mean they are about to be activated, probably within the next couple of updates. As for the consoles, I seriously doubt the X/S can do RTGI at an acceptable framerate, unless the game also goes to FSR 3.0 or 3.1 and gets frame generation... we'll see.

Last edited:
Some strange things happened in the Hybrid Holy Trinity series. Graphically there was a lot of distortion in the fencing especially from a distance at Silverstone. Both at Silverstone and Catalunya it looked like someone was playing with a dimmer switch while I was driving. You weren't going through cloud shadows as there was no shadow on the track but the overall sunlight would get noticeably dimmer. It looked like there was a total solar eclipse.

I choose the Porsche 918 and for 3 of the 4 races my main rivals were Ferraris. I never saw a McLaren. Except at the final race when it was nothing but McLarens.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 213110.png

My main championship rival was the person that finished in 12th in this race so I won 1st place overall easily. I just thought it was strange to suddenly throw every McLaren to the front. Also I don't think I ever saw another Porsche outside of practice.

I wish they would do away with the points system. I may have leveled two cars to level 50 and that's it, you don't get anything special for that, and the prompt warning of insufficient points for parts is always annoying and we don't have the option of never having to see it again. I have about +11,000,000 million credits so I can purchase any car/part I want, and earning money is not really that difficult.

And the races in the featured tours would be better by having other requirements under the overall performance rating limit, like maximum HP, tire type, and minimum weight and that would make the builds process more interesting.

Like the homologation feature everyone hated in FM7?
But the featured tour races are already homologated, as they restrict the cars you can run and the maximum performance rating limit.
Under the old points system, the only thing that prevented you from maxing your car in the first race were the points available to you, unless you leveled the car elsewhere (which took time).
I was thinking of something more flexible, let's say, in the first race you can't use racing tires and/or aero parts, but you can up the power and lower the weight (to a certain limit), then gradually and by the last race all limits would be off (under the performance rating).

Like the homologation feature everyone hated in FM7?
I, for one, did not hate it. Could have been better and more refined, but at it's core, I thought it was it was a far better system than PI.

Of course, I'm also cool with ballast and intake restrictors as every race series on the planet uses them but Forza fans HATE them.

I was thinking of something more flexible, let's say, in the first race you can't use racing tires and/or aero parts, but you can up the power and lower the weight (to a certain limit), then gradually and by the last race all limits would be off (under the performance rating).
That would be a lovely thought, but we already have enough people moaning about not being able to play the game they want to, or the FOMO mechanism, or this and that. Restricting the upgrades like that would be even worse for the moaning Michaels - although I agree, it would be an excellent way of getting players used to the performance of cars with unusual or deficient builds.

I wish they would do away with the points system. I may have leveled two cars to level 50 and that's it, you don't get anything special for that, and the prompt warning of insufficient points for parts is always annoying and we don't have the option of never having to see it again. I have about +11,000,000 million credits so I can purchase any car/part I want, and earning money is not really that difficult.

And the races in the featured tours would be better by having other requirements under the overall performance rating limit, like maximum HP, tire type, and minimum weight and that would make the builds process more interesting.
I have several cars at 50 but once I get them there I really don't use them anymore. I move on to the next one I'm trying to get to 50 maybe in a different manufacturer.

I would like to see the quick upgrade function have an option where you can upgrade but not go to the next class. If you want to keep your B class car in B for instance and not move it up to A or higher. That would allow you to use more cars in the Open series. You can still jack it way up if you want to but at least have the option to keep it in the same class.

Asking this here as this forum seems to be able to review the game without the fanboy effect, with the state of the game as it is now, would you guys recommend it at 50% off? I played it on launch via GamePass and was incredibly disappointed to the point I uninstalled it, cancelled my GamePass I'd had for a few years and didn't look at it again.

Sounds dramatic but I was plagued with the career progression bug every race which drove me nuts, I've played since the first Motorsport dropped and was blown away at how much they screwed it up. I see its had quite a few positive updates, I don't really play online, I have the most fun hotlapping at Nurburgring which I do on GT7 but I'm tempted to pick this up as I see the track is now out on there.

As far as I can work out the A.I is still emulating a bunch of 12 year olds so I know to stay away from Single Player career at least.

I think the Career is a miserable experience so if that’s what you play most you’re better off just playing via Game Pass.

Multiplayer is good, and the driving physics are good.

Asking this here as this forum seems to be able to review the game without the fanboy effect, with the state of the game as it is now, would you guys recommend it at 50% off? I played it on launch via GamePass and was incredibly disappointed to the point I uninstalled it, cancelled my GamePass I'd had for a few years and didn't look at it again.

Sounds dramatic but I was plagued with the career progression bug every race which drove me nuts, I've played since the first Motorsport dropped and was blown away at how much they screwed it up. I see its had quite a few positive updates, I don't really play online, I have the most fun hotlapping at Nurburgring which I do on GT7 but I'm tempted to pick this up as I see the track is now out on there.

As far as I can work out the A.I is still emulating a bunch of 12 year olds so I know to stay away from Single Player career at least.
Hold off for a few more months. Maybe end of the year.

I can't speak for Multiplayer as I don't do that but you're right about single player. Until they decide to get serious about AI behavior and eliminate the bashing and sudden brake checks, I would pass on it for now.

I can't speak for Multiplayer as I don't do that but you're right about single player. Until they decide to get serious about AI behavior and eliminate the bashing and sudden brake checks, I would pass on it for now.
On top of the career mode structure, reward cars(FOMO), and the painful drip feeding of new to FM/past FM cars from FM4-7 that didnt make it into this game on launch. We are talking 6 cars a month with about 1-2 being new to FM each update...thats weak after 10 months of being out. I'll take a paid car pack at this point.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back