FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Alright update time.

Firstly Stewarding - Few reports received but all judged Racing Incidents, so no strikes or penalties handed out this week. Phew!

Standings-wise most notable thinks is ECM being knocked off the top of the teams championship for maybe 2 full seasons by VERT.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

BoP Update:

Scheduled BoP review after 3 rounds.

Audi - Unchanged.
Peugeot - Unchanged.
VW - Unchanged.

Hyundai - -2% Power.
@rcb929 @Panoz @RACECAR @RRRacing @FireEmblem10 @weescotman @TheClarky Please adjust your cars. accordingly

Renault - -1% weight.
@bigbeefytaco @Macboyilija @Andil @steviea712 Please adjust your cars. accordingly

And to answer the inevitable questions:

1: Audi is not OP - always going to be best at Dragon Trail with less aero than other cars as a result a bit more slippery. That aero also helps the high speed handling unique to that track.

2: Hyundai was over performing on a track that should not suit it at all.

3: Renault - no-one has really shown this cars potential (and it is very quick when set-up right)

4: Monza next - More of a classic slipstreamer than DT, fairly flat as well.

Last edited:
Providing they have no more bad weekends, I can't rule out CrazyJohn or Filo either. Don't forget 1 round is dropped near seasons end!
If only my teammate was able to race every week, we would be in the teams title hunt :(

At this point, anyone in the top 5 does still has a shot and RCB too assuming he races the remainder of the season

Last time I hated the Megane. Does not seem to be my car. Did not choose it but there was nothing left. I tried tuning a bit taking the setup from the GTP setup thread. Started some laps and the fastest lap I could get on Monza was a 2:01,9. So that was after several laps.

Just out or curiosity stepped into the Scirocco. And my first lap not even knowing the car I drove a 2:00,9. So a full second quicker in my first (!) lap compared to the best lap of the Megane !! This is not really funny actually. Or the BoB of this car is not good or the car itself does not seem to fit my driving style. When in big corners stepping up the gas the car seems to hold power back as if TCS is on. Noticable when stepping on the gas the last corner. The Scirocco does not have this problem. I can step it on the gas without problem. Also the stabilty of the Scirocco feels ten times better.

Conclusion: there is no way I can drive the Megane competitive. Now its not a problem to drive at the back but if I am 2 seconds slower than with another car I drive from the same pack its not funny anymore.

Is there a solution for this ? Can somebody else try the Megane if its just me ? Or can I just change my car ? I think this is not possible during the season. It is what it is and I respect that of course.

Last time I hated the Megane. Does not seem to be my car. Did not choose it but there was nothing left. I tried tuning a bit taking the setup from the GTP setup thread. Started some laps and the fastest lap I could get on Monza was a 2:01,9. So that was after several laps.

Just out or curiosity stepped into the Scirocco. And my first lap not even knowing the car I drove a 2:00,9. So a full second quicker in my first (!) lap compared to the best lap of the Megane !! This is not really funny actually. Or the BoB of this car is not good or the car itself does not seem to fit my driving style. When in big corners stepping up the gas the car seems to hold power back as if TCS is on. Noticable when stepping on the gas the last corner. The Scirocco does not have this problem. I can step it on the gas without problem. Also the stabilty of the Scirocco feels ten times better.

Conclusion: there is no way I can drive the Megane competitive. Now its not a problem to drive at the back but if I am 2 seconds slower than with another car I drive from the same pack its not funny anymore.

Is there a solution for this ? Can somebody else try the Megane if its just me ? Or can I just change my car ? I think this is not possible during the season. It is what it is and I respect that of course.
Yes, it’s a garbage car. Everyone keeps saying it’s because nobodys put a good setup on it, yet there’s a reason why almost nobody chose it.

Back