FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
My 🤬 up in Race 3, I was following someone and didn't even know you were anywhere near me, felt a bump and you're sideways. Then in my mirror you're all doing some kinda 5-wide insanity exit of Ascari or something.
And that happened after I got ran off in the first chicane.

R1 I got knocked into the runoff with Lancer after RCB was being aggressive causing both of us to get reset.
R2 I forget exactly what it was.

I wasn't expecting 7th to be my best finish after qualifying as the fastest non-Audi.

There's also the issue of some drivers not giving respectable space on track and trying to run people into walls or off track for a mid-pack position. Dragon Trail last week was great racing. Monza.. not so much.

Nuke Monza. It's by far the worst track for online racing. I came into this with PTSD from sport mode and this was no better. Getting rammed off in the first chicane lap 1 in both the first 2 rounds by people who think dive bombing the outside then jumping the second curb is a good idea is really awesome

I would take Tsukuba again before ever returning to Monza as far as next season's planning for scheduling goes. The GT draft lock makes this place the absolute worst for online racing

Yea after turn 1 in both R1 and R2 I was on a recovery drive. Somehow didn't get punted off in R3. Was hit multiple times still. Track just sucks for online racing

Ok, we get it. You think Monza is no good for online racing.

There is nothing wrong with any track. Monza is brilliant also for online racing.

The only problem is the people who drive without respect for others. If you have motivated and competitive people then Monza is the place to be.

I thought in a TOCA championship people would drive with fun and respect. Tsukuba proved me wrong. But that seemed to be a one off mistake. Looking at all the reactions there seems to be more wrong here than “just Tsukuba”.

The second problem is the BoB is just not right here. Cars are totally not competitive and needs to be fixed. Its easy to say all can drive fast with the Megane and the Hyundai. My suggestion would be for next season to put the fast boys in the Megane FWD. And let the slow guys drive the Audi AWD. I am very good with the Hyundai RWD but I can assume others with DS4 are not.

And I hate posting this but keep coming back since I just love this idea and championship. So please dont take me wrong but I want to share my input hoping it will help the organisers to make it more perfect rest of the season or next season.

There is nothing wrong with any track. Monza is brilliant also for online racing.

The only problem is the people who drive without respect for others. If you have motivated and competitive people then Monza is the place to be.

I thought in a TOCA championship people would drive with fun and respect. Tsukuba proved me wrong. But that seemed to be a one off mistake. Looking at all the reactions there seems to be more wrong here than “just Tsukuba”.

The second problem is the BoB is just not right here. Cars are totally not competitive and needs to be fixed. Its easy to say all can drive fast with the Megane and the Hyundai. My suggestion would be for next season to put the fast boys in the Megane FWD. And let the slow guys drive the Audi AWD. I am very good with the Hyundai RWD but I can assume others with DS4 are not.

And I hate posting this but keep coming back since I just love this idea and championship. So please dont take me wrong but I want to share my input hoping it will help the organisers to make it more perfect rest of the season or next season.

The Audi is FWD...

The cars are all even with tunes. RE driving as mentioned, Dragon Trail was fine. Monza was just a draft train of hell at times.

Last edited:
First rule of BoP racing, which applies to almost everybody:

They'll always be someone complaining because they can't get their car working as fast as the others.

@Macboyilija quite honestly I've seen the tune you've been using and it's total garbage. Backwards springs, incorrect camber...

I dont complain I cant be as fast as the others. I dont mind driving at the back. I complain because I am 2 seconds slower than myself with the Scirocco. Which makes me not motivated. Thats something completely different.

Setup is garbage maybe, but I am not into tuning. So I cannot make it better myself sadly.

Power 81%
Weight 87%

I would like to try it @DrifterJoe thanks. This does not change my statement however. Unless your setup changes the car completely of course. My problem still remains if you can make the Megane 2 seconds faster than I am still as fast as the Scirocco with standard setup.

So it seems more up to me as a driver than the setup.

I dont complain I cant be as fast as the others. I dont mind driving at the back. I complain because I am 2 seconds slower than myself with the Scirocco. Which makes me not motivated. Thats something completely different.

Setup is garbage maybe, but I am not into tuning. So I cannot make it better myself sadly.

To be fair on you, there's not that many people in this who are major tuners, a lot of it is trial and error. And majority of people don't even practice till race-day.

Same here so thats not an issue really. Lets just leave it at this and say the Megane just does not match my drivers style and waiting for next season to pick something that suits me more.

A lot of people would be surprised at what works setupwise on these fwd cars too

Yup. Not what you think. I remember pre Bands Filo said to me:

"On a FWD you want this to be this"

So I change my setup, not impressed with results, for the hell of it do the exact opposite and end up 3 tenths quicker :lol:

GTS Tuning is so weird...

I've gotten the Megane down to a 57.5 which is a few tenths off what we did without slipstream in quali. It should be faster at a track like this really.

I haven't driven any of the other cars, only the MĂ©gane in pre season and did some ok laptimes at Brands (but certainly not front running times). I haven't driven it since pre season so really can't comment on pace at other circuits - but did think it would be pretty quick at Monza. If Joe is saying it's not, then I might re consider car choice if possible - as I should be able to do the rest of the races for this season from now on.

I haven't driven any of the other cars, only the MĂ©gane in pre season and did some ok laptimes at Brands (but certainly not front running times). I haven't driven it since pre season so really can't comment on pace at other circuits - but did think it would be pretty quick at Monza. If Joe is saying it's not, then I might re consider car choice if possible - as I should be able to do the rest of the races for this season from now on.
I ran the rcz too and was .2 faster than the megane after my 3rd lap. The best quali times without draft were around a 57.2 or .1 , and that rcz lap was a .3 . So a little more fuel burning like in quali puts it on pace.

The setup from DrifterJoe is way better than the ones I tried before. Changes the car completely ! I cannot recognize the car anymore ...

Thank you so much !

What did I tell you... the Tuning Forum setup was basically backwards....

Well maybe he didnt know the Megane was a FWD like me with the Audi ;)

No, an honest thing is the Tuning Forum on GTS is here has some ridiculously bad setups. Cars seem to be either tuned for hot laps or just with random stuff thrown on.

I ran the rcz too and was .2 faster than the megane after my 3rd lap. The best quali times without draft were around a 57.2 or .1 , and that rcz lap was a .3 . So a little more fuel burning like in quali puts it on pace.
What were your MĂ©gane times assuming fuel burning for quali?

R1 I got knocked into the runoff with Lancer after RCB was being aggressive causing both of us to get reset.
đź‘Ť
Yup. Not what you think. I remember pre Bands Filo said to me:

"On a FWD you want this to be this"

So I change my setup, not impressed with results, for the hell of it do the exact opposite and end up 3 tenths quicker :lol:

GTS Tuning is so weird...
How many ****ing times are you going to tell this ****** story?

Hate the reversed Maggio center. Just need to get used to it. First laps made a 48,3s. So a 47 should be no problem for me. What does the rest do there ? Anybody tried it ?

Hate the reversed Maggio center. Just need to get used to it. First laps made a 48,3s. So a 47 should be no problem for me. What does the rest do there ? Anybody tried it ?

@LewisR3 has done 48's on a brief shakedown, time to come there I reckon. Expecting a low 47 or high 46 for pole.

Back