FRL ~ ToCA15 - NINNERS, AUDI SPORT ECM, GTPORSCHE, CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,036 comments
Alien :)

I managed a 1:59,5 with the Scirocco. Megane 2:01,9. Maybe I just cant drive that car.
Yes, it’s a garbage car. Everyone keeps saying it’s because nobodys put a good setup on it, yet there’s a reason why almost nobody chose it.

I'm no alien and yet i'm quicker in the Megane than the VW....

FP1 open, Q1 on the hour.

I guess it depends how you drive, and what your style is. Its oke there is no need to go into discussions. I was way too late to join your club. Did not have the chance to chose the car so thats all my mistake. Will just join next time under better circumstances. Have tried to sort some things out this week but did not get any reactions.

Again, my fault, but this just doesnt work for me.

I can imagine others are faster, but I am just 2 seconds slower with a tuned Megane vs stock VW. That is just insane and not motivating at all.

I guess it depends how you drive, and what your style is. Its oke there is no need to go into discussions. I was way too late to join your club. Did not have the chance to chose the car so thats all my mistake. Will just join next time under better circumstances. Have tried to sort some things out this week but did not get any reactions.

Again, my fault, but this just doesnt work for me.

I can imagine others are faster, but I am just 2 seconds slower with a tuned Megane vs stock VW. That is just insane and not motivating at all.

@Andil got a tune?

Thanks Furinkazen but if I am 2 seconds faster with a stock Scirocco a tune will not help. Then with a tune with the Scirocco I will still be faster. Lets just leave it like this.

Since changing cars is not possible I will just leave this season.

Looking at the specs there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the Megane.
Cant just compare a car only with its specs. Usually I love RWD. There are FWD which I like and some that I hate.
A car that someone loves could be hated by someone else. There is also a big difference between wheel users and DS4 users how a car feels. And personal drive style is important as well.

Why nobody is chosing the Megane should say something though. Regardless of that I really dont like it since I cannot get the speed as I can with the other cars so dont have the motivation to be competitive.

Last edited:
Nuke Monza. It's by far the worst track for online racing. I came into this with PTSD from sport mode and this was no better. Getting rammed off in the first chicane lap 1 in both the first 2 rounds by people who think dive bombing the outside then jumping the second curb is a good idea is really awesome

Hyundai - -2% Power. @rcb929 @Panoz @RACECAR @RRRacing @FireEmblem10 @weescotman @TheClarky Please adjust your cars. accordingly
2: Hyundai was over performing on a track that should not suit it at all.
20180721_162925.jpg

Hyundai was over performing again I think.

Not a great night for individual results but some good points haul for the team in race 2.

People's elbows on race 1 & 3 putting me at the back so incredibly frustrating.

Overall. P14 - P7 - P12.

Good job @Furinkazen on cracking night for FAS.

Race 1 was tight, I had to cope with 3rd after fighting some of the aliens (Joe and Nin). Pretty fun battles even though Nin was warming up his tyres for the last 2 laps.

Race 2 was perfect, brought home a win with difficulty after taking advantage of the T1-2 chaos.

Race 3 could have been much much better. I can't really do anything when someone decides to turn a league race to Sport Mode, whether it's ToCA or not.

P.S.1: @cnd01 on race 1 there was no contact on my screen, I don't know if it was me or just lag. Tried to give you the spot back when you caught me and Nin up.
P.S.2: Great job @DrifterJoe, two double podiums today.

Nuke Monza. It's by far the worst track for online racing. I came into this with PTSD from sport mode and this was no better. Getting rammed off in the first chicane lap 1 in both the first 2 rounds by people who think dive bombing the outside then jumping the second curb is a good idea is really awesome

Agreed .But good racing on race 2 for a lap or 2. @cnd01

Another week of being embarrassingly slow, only qualified due to someone else's mistake. Going to go back to the drawing board with the set-up as i'm being made to look like i'm standing still.

Race 1 was tight, I had to cope with 3rd after fighting some of the aliens (Joe and Nin). Pretty fun battles even though Nin was warming up his tyres for the last 2 laps.

Race 2 was perfect, brought home a win with difficulty after taking advantage of the T1-2 chaos.

Race 3 could have been much much better. I can't really do anything when someone decides to turn a league race to Sport Mode, whether it's ToCA or not.

P.S.1: @cnd01 on race 1 there was no contact on my screen, I don't know if it was me or just lag. Tried to give you the spot back when you caught me and Nin up.
P.S.2: Great job @DrifterJoe, two double podiums today.
Nah it was obvious on my screen. I would've left you more room, but your teammate punted me into the corner as well.

And right after you give the spot back nin does an excellent door slam and I end up in the sand

I know, I'm wrong. #HyundaiOP I think you should take another 2% of power since was "dragging the brake" on the straights so much.... :rolleyes:
A RWD that's got an inherent handling advantage is slower on a track without turns, shocking.

My summary.

R1. Stay out of trouble. Was involved in excellent scrap and my mistake dropped me to 6th despite an accidental tap from RCB.

R2. Stay out of trouble. Quiet race and just got 4th. Excellent.

R3. Stay out of trouble. Manage the drivers who think trying to run you off the road weaving is fair game. Having @DrifterJoe on the ropes after a rather calculated send was nice too.

Noticed the drivers who didn't mess about and block like idiots generally got good results. And drivers who complain the most doing the very thing they complain about. Irony huh?

6th 4th 4th though, cannot complain. Best weekend in a very long time.

Noticed the drivers who didn't mess about and block like idiots generally got good results. And drivers who complain the most doing the very thing they complain about. Irony huh?
Don't throw your arm out of join patting yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

"Stay out of trouble"
"Stay out of trouble"
"Stay out of trouble"

Anyways, can't wait for Maggiore next week. Looking back at my maiden ToCA win.

Not a complaint....just an observation.

The Peugeot cannot live with any car in a straight line, currently being used in ToCA 15. Other cars catch and pass with comparative ease.

An good example is when I was racing Chris Johnson I would pass him in a corner and he would pass me on a straight. I would then pass him again in a corner and so on and so forth.

Like I said, just an observation.

I would take Tsukuba again before ever returning to Monza as far as next season's planning for scheduling goes. The GT draft lock makes this place the absolute worst for online racing

Hopefully I won't be the victim of overzealous attempts to piledrive through the pack on lap 1 again. Having to drive through the pack once is ok to deal with. Having to do it in all 3 races is beyond unacceptable.

Hopefully I won't be the victim of overzealous attempts to piledrive through the pack on lap 1 again. Having to drive through the pack once is ok to deal with. Having to do it in all 3 races is beyond unacceptable.
Yea after turn 1 in both R1 and R2 I was on a recovery drive. Somehow didn't get punted off in R3. Was hit multiple times still. Track just sucks for online racing

My 🤬 up in Race 3, I was following someone and didn't even know you were anywhere near me, felt a bump and you're sideways. Then in my mirror you're all doing some kinda 5-wide insanity exit of Ascari or something.

Back