Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
The difference is that FM3 models change drastically from in game mode to photo mode while the premiums look good all the time.

Forza 3 has 3 levels of models:

The one in the photomode
The ones rigt before the start
and the one when you actually drive and these are on the same level as the Forza 2 ones.

exactly this, so to those thinking standard models are terrible.. yes they are straight ports from gt4 and they do not look nearly as good as the premiums, but forza's models are barely an improvement

Did you not know they were going to be in the game yea im pretty sure you did just like majority of people knew they where going to be in the game, Again PD has showed what they can do look at the premiums again. The standards are a plug and play so you can drive your favorite car from past GT. So many babies its really sad.

Yes, the showed us what they can do but instead of giving us that the gave us 800 last gen models which is kind of lame. It's called teasing, showing us what we could get but give us something else.

Would have preferred that they started from scratch with GT5, like they did with GT3.

Oh really now? Then why in the GT Auto video that tekken posted earlier, was he able to repaint his red STANDARD Civic into gris? Hmmmmm?

Because like I said standard cars have baked textures which means that only the available manufacturer's colors can be painted. Which is why in the paint shop video there are only like 10 colors, all of which are offered by the manufacturer.

Im starting to think that most of the members here are kids.

please DON'T NEVER EVER talk about forza3 here.
They betrayed all their fans by last move by releasing the ULTIMATE collection with all DLC cars that their fans are not allowed to have the extra cars. Which are 3 cars demanded by those faithful fans...:grumpy:

DONT EVEN COMPARE ANYTHING WITH IT

Yes, the showed us what they can do but instead of giving us that the gave us 800 last gen models which is kind of lame. It's called teasing, showing us what we could get but give us something else.

Would have preferred that they started from scratch with GT5, like they did with GT3.
I honestly thought there were over 200 premium (new) cars too.

Im starting to think that most of the members here are kids.

They sure are acting like spoilt kids.

All it'd take in FM4 is for them to change the lighting engine and get the photomode/menu screen models during races and GT5 wouldn't have as big a lead as it does now. The cars look great in the menus with the fixed lighting. T10 just don't get the luxury of time that PD do.

They betrayed all their fans by last move by releasing the ULTIMATE collection with all DLC cars that their fans are not allowed to have the extra cars. Which are 3 cars demanded by those faithful fans...:grumpy:

Seriously did we need the huge letters in red?

I do to, but it was modded. So I couldn't really use it. I wanted a somewhat fair contest between the two games. So those two pictures seemed the best to use. Also, they were the same size.

Yeah but the cars don't look nearly as good as that during gameplay in Forza

And then compare?:D

nrburgringnordschleife2.jpg

suzukacircuiteastcourse.jpg

damn i just read 10 pages of B.S with maybe a few new photos. people are pissed because there is standard cars that don't look on par, well if it was only the 200+ premium cars then you all would be pissed that there wasn't more cars! I only like to drive from the inside view but i am going to drive the **** out of the yellow bird! when i am passing you in multi player your not going to notice how much better your rims or car look.

and who cares about some lame photo mode? its a racing game not photograph game.

we all know its going to drive better than forza and sound better and thats all that should matter! How about some new photos for the photo/image thread 👍

What ever man in the end i'm all about the driving at least you can drive them. And end the end you don't have to use them, maybe to beat the game but you don't have to use them all the time. GT5 with just premiums will still be the best racing game for a console period.

Don't see why people are going insane over the standards, I'm actually surprised at their quality.

Its just the wheels thing that upsets me really. I just like my car to look some what different from everyone else on the track... Would be nice to have some self choice.

calm the **** down... :scared:

but they did. The 800 cars are just extras the physics the graphic engine the models are all new. They basicly throw everything away and made GT5 from the ground up.

Yeah but the cars don't look nearly as good as that during gameplay in Forza

So even ingame models for GT5 look better then pre-rendered models in Forza? I guess that pretty much gets the point across. The Premium models for GT5 really don't have a equal do they?

You must be smoking grass man, did you see the pics of the standard cars a couple pages back?

Apparently you don't know photoshop or any other manipulating software when you see it. If you cared to notice, the fake graphics on the car has no lighting, reflections or depth. Also no graphic mapped on a car will have jagged edges like it did.

Edit: After seeing more pics of this same car in a grid, its a real texture. The model alone is definitely upgraded though. Textures no.

Last edited:
All it'd take in FM4 is for them to change the lighting engine and get the photomode/menu screen models during races and GT5 wouldn't have as big a lead as it does now. The cars look great in the menus with the fixed lighting. T10 just don't get the luxury of time that PD do.

you act as if it took 5 years for pd to get gt5 looking like what it is.. in fact in 2007 gt5 was looking almost exactly like what it does now

Comparison (Erased my gt4 save file to start from 0 while waiting for gt5 so a stock micra will have to do)

That is a great comparison. It sure doesnt look like they are straight ports from GT4. The standard Micra looks like its been touched up slightly.

I like the gt4 to gt5 comparison of the micra, Clearly shows that PD improved the textures a bit to make them a little nicer to the eyes.

Back