Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Yeah but they were not in development for 6 years with a budget high as a blockbuster hollywood picture.

But come one...Look at them! They dont fit into a game releasing 2010!

Really. Which is it? They dont belong in a 2010 game or its because GT5 is in development for six years that the standard cars dont belong in GT5. The only two games I have played in the psat two years that come close to GT5 is Dirt 2 DX11 mode on PC and NFS Hot Pursuit. Those games have great car models but not as good as premium cars in GT5. All other racing games cars come no where close to the premium cars standards. As a matter of fact all other games have cars just like the standard cars.

Lol, anyone legitimate, I'm not minding, but there are a few handful that have just been posting non stop, everything negative.

Feel free to continue to contribute to this site, by all means, it's just that handful.

Gotcha yeah I'm not attacking anyone or demeaning anyone I am just trying to carry on an out loud thought process....

kaz said he's not releasing any DLC. I dunno where you guys keep bringing up DLC from.

And you believe him. How many delays did this game endure. This isn't up to him now. If Sony wants it to profit, they will get it. No big game on the market will go without DLC. Especially a game in which DLC would be so easy to give. I'd pay 5 bucks for a track if they offered a track I wanted. Adding DLC is like adding on a extended service plan for retailers. It extends the life.

Not only that this is not PD work we all new these standards where going to be imported in the game. The premiums are the real deal which makes forza look like crap if you compare to good pictures of both games.

Another person with sense.

Yes, the cars in Forza 3 may look like crap compared to the premium cars in GT5.

But then think about the difference between standard and premiums in the same game?

No, the standard cars doesn't look like crap. I still play GT4 and still thinks it looks pretty good, cause everything is in the same level of quality. But if you place a last gen model in a current gen game, then we have a problem:scared:

Kaz never said that they weren't going to release DLC. All he said is that they weren't thinking about DLC because everything that they wanted in the game will be in it once it ships. After that he said that the online team would look into DLC.

yep.. pre-order canceled.. I am not buying and playing it anymore

coolface.jpg

Suite yourself. You play it eventually and then you will regret that you didn't buy it. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here still hanging out.

Yes, the cars in Forza 3 may look like crap compared to the premium cars in GT5.

But then think about the difference between standard and premiums in the same game?

No, the standard cars doesn't look like crap. I still play GT4 and still thinks it looks pretty good, cause everything is in the same level of quality. But if you place a last gen model in a current gen game, then we have a problem:scared:

Well, I don't think they look like crap compared to GT5 models. However, the GT5 models do look better.

forzavsgt.jpg

Did you not know they were going to be in the game yea im pretty sure you did just like majority of people knew they where going to be in the game, Again PD has showed what they can do look at the premiums again. The standards are a plug and play so you can drive your favorite car from past GT. So many babies its really sad.

Suite yourself. You play it eventually and then you will regret that you didn't buy it. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here still hanging out.

Do you think I am really passing on the game???

I was being sarcastic.....:sly::sly:

It seems that the most part of the users around here love to nitpick and whine !

Actually standards look better than cars in shift,f1 2010 and not horrible compared to Forza and Dirt.Stop being that critical accept it.
@starking I think that picture is from the Turn 10 website not true gameplay like the GT5 one if you take a photo in Forza it doesn't look like that at all.

Isn't the GT5 picture taken from Photomode? I'm not sure of the Forza Picture. But they look pretty close to eachother.

all gt5's photomode does is add post processing effects.. modelling/textures are basically identical. i think MAYBE they swap them out with a bit lower detailed models like in that xj13 picture, but even still nowhere near the level that forza 3 does

all gt5's photomode does is add post processing effects.. modelling/textures are basically identical. i think MAYBE they swap them out with a bit lower detailed models like in that xj13 picture, but even still nowhere near the level that forza 3 does

Forza 3 has 3 levels of models:

The one in the photomode
The ones right before the start
and the one when you actually drive and these are on the same level as the Forza 2 ones.

thats my point why even have this or a honda fit or a toyota prius??

Because some of us really like common/basic cars. I'm personally much more interested in the 800 standard cars than the 200 premium cars, which is why I'm disappointed that they apparently look pretty awful.

PD really hasn't used the past 5+ years of development very wisely given the issues we're already seeing in GT5.

The detail of the car doesn't appear much worse, it's just the awful lighting engine T10 decided to use in FM2 and ported over to FM3.

Back