Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Come on, a little bit of logic ;) : what's the use of putting a spoiler and a front bumper if you can't change aerodynamic values?
Oh and.....we've been tuning "standard" cars in GT since 1997 :lol:

Ok but then what would be the point of tuning an engine of standard car say to 400bhp and tuning the suspension only to be handicapped by its factory 14inh hub cap wheels??

Quite obviously you've never played Forza 3.

Ok, if you say so.

Actually I have played Forza 3 since it's release and the cars i Forza looks significantly better than that Micra.

picture.php

For marketing. I'm starting to think they haven't spent any time on standard cars...

I don't like what Standard cars look like and I have freedom to say so. This is still a democracy, isn't it? I will buy this game anyway, I love this franchise, which doesn't mean I can't criticize it. When I do so, I'm not saying the game sucks, but justing pointing what could be improved, in my opinion.

i'll be pleased to drive a 205 turbo 16 on the nurburgring, or a 106 rally as well... those never would have gone to premium. so Yes, i'm happy with standard, if the alternative was getting rid of them even more ;)

Oh.. and for those "forza 3 whining boys" you should known that the forza 3 developers modeled their body cars with laser tehnology, which is way faster than hand craft-made models that GT5 producers worked on. Please, never compare forza 3 ******, crappy, low resolution mapped looking cars with premium gt5 cars. These people from PD that worked on GT5 put much, much more effort in understanding cars geometry and interior and that makes them very good 3D artist, not like those guys from turn 10 studio that make the job just for some money. You know, this game is something about passion, dedication, and attention to details...

OffTopic: I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. There were a couple of cars that they used laser scanning on for complete accuracy (Bugatti Veyron being one of them) and the rest was hand made. And a lot of the modelling was outsourced.

Polyphony Digital do all their modelling in-house and I think they used laser scanning for Gran Turismo 4 (at least some of them). I have no idea about GT5, though.

Honestly I dont know why I am visiting this forum some times. Especially with the ungreatfull people whining over the standard cars and all the other negativity.

By the way I am not going anywhere.

Just seen the Micra photo I have been supporting the standard cars but I got to admit that looks pretty awfull.Still could be worse we could have had a standard stig.

Question is, why are standard cars in the game? What were they thinking? :crazy:

THey knew all along, since GT4, they HAD to cash in and re-use those assets really milk them for the time they took to acquire, hopefully this will be the last time we see this and GT6 could (apart from the premiums which will be even higher quality) wash its hands clean of the OLD assets once and for all.

Honestly I dont know why I am visiting this forum some times. Especially with the ungreatfull people whining over the standard cars and all the other negativity.

I feel like that, as well. I have nothing else to do at the moment, though, so...

AHAHAHAHAH look at that mirror. It's not like kaz made this game himself lmao. HE has a team of professionals.

LOL

But lets move from that Standard/Premium and also Damage discussions to something more important:

Years ago I had hopes for a huge field of cars to be in GT5... I had hopes for at least 20 cars on track the same time.

Prologue had 16 cars in most (offline) races. But the number decreased more and more in the online race-events set up by PD. At last there were only just a few races having a "full" 16 cars grid.

My fears of getting less than 16 on MOST races/tracks grow since I saw these recent videos about the game. Even Nascar shows only 12 cars on track.

You may say this is up to the beginner races and will increase later on.. but I doubt it and hope that we will have at least a "full" grid on the "Ring".

If 12 is the maximum in GT5 I'll be very dissapointed.

I highly doubt that since the standard cars' colors are baked textures. Judging from the time PD spent on standard cars, it's pretty safe to say you're stuck with factory colors

Oh really now? Then why in the GT Auto video that tekken posted earlier, was he able to repaint his red STANDARD Civic into gris? Hmmmmm?

Ok, if you say so.

Actually I have played Forza 3 since it's release and the cars i Forza looks significantly better than that Micra.

picture.php

Yeah in Photomode but Forza 3 has 3 differnt models and the gameplay models look like the Forza 2 cars. Also dont forget that they outsourced almost everything including the carmodels. Poly did all by themself and you can see that in the premium models.

Ah come on please. We have a very valid reason to bitch and whine. ****ing PSP models are NOT okay in a PS3 game... Especially not in GT5, where the premium cars look ****ing amazing. It's a broken ass game and I'm still buying it!

Lay off that stupid childish argument please, this Standard Car issue, for one, is not acceptable, and no one is going to tell us what we can/can't say or think. I'm so tired of yo guys who are trying to "protect" your favourite franchise...

The irony is hilarious. You're tired of people telling you how to think, but then you're complaining about how other people think.

It's like saying, "Now, let's try to be friendly here, YOU USELESS MOTHER:censored:ING PIECE OF YOUR MOM'S 🤬 BASTARD".

You know what else people are tired of? Seeing people bitch about standard cars which were concluded, for who knows how long ago now, to be just copy/pasted from GT4. Surprise? No, unless you have Alzheimer's.

Last edited:

Seems like we are all paying customers infact I have purchased 2 copies one for myself the collectors and a normal copy for my brother. So I feel as if my 2 cents can be posted along with a bunch of other upset people.

what the heck is so hard to understand... standard cars are THE SAME CARS from GT4 with the SAME LOW POLY MODEL + some textures on, and no cockpit. On the other hand, premium are the HIGH POLY CARS with HIGH TEXTURES and DETAILS. So don't expect much more from GT4 cars(standard in GT5) than a good anti-aliasing and maybe some good shaders compareble from those in GT4. The damage on standard cars will be made just from some shadow texture that are ment to "trick" your eyes. Nothing more, nothing less. BUT on the PREMIUM cars there will be some real deformation polygons and some very good textures(normal maps i guess) that will make cars feel almost perfect, like in real life.
I am pretty sure there will be some dlc after the game launch with more premium cars. So stop whining please...
Oh.. and for those "forza 3 whining boys" you should known that the forza 3 developers modeled their body cars with laser tehnology, which is way faster than hand craft-made models that GT5 producers worked on. Please, never compare forza 3 ******, crappy, low resolution mapped looking cars with premium gt5 cars. These people from PD that worked on GT5 put much, much more effort in understanding cars geometry and interior and that makes them very good 3D artist, not like those guys from turn 10 studio that make the job just for some money. You know, this game is something about passion, dedication, and attention to details...

Could not have said it better, this isn't hard to understand.

I have the feeling PD was pressured by Sony to put standards in to push the 1000 cars number

LOL

But lets move from that Standard/Premium and also Damage discussions to something more important:

Years ago I had hopes for a huge field of cars to be in GT5... I had hopes for at least 20 cars on track the same time.

Prologue had 16 cars in most (offline) races. But the number decreased more and more in the online race-events set up by PD. At last there were only just a few races having a "full" 16 cars grid.

My fears of getting less than 16 on MOST races/tracks grow since I saw these recent videos about the game. Even Nascar shows only 12 cars on track.

You may say this is up to the beginner races and will increase later on.. but I doubt it and hope that we will have at least a "full" grid on the "Ring".

If 12 is the maximum in GT5 I'll be very dissapointed.
I didn't even notice this, I really hope it's not true, I was already somewhat disappointed with the 16 car grid.

Congratulations, you found a picture that makes FM3 look bad. Shall I do the same for GT5?

Im with you here it appears I have taken Forza for granted for to long. Now with the talk of no DLC I believe I will be anticipating Forza 4 more than GT5. If I could use my G27 on Forza then the world would be perfect :)

i am so happy with standard and premiums, i am glad maybe my eyes are not 20/20 anymore. they all look great too me and on my 1080P 46 inch LED even better, thanks PD. Bring on the 24th.

Back