Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
They could have at least applied some bump/normal mapping on the standard cars. It feels like they just copy and pasted them from GT4. No effort at all

OMG... I can't see the reflections in the left wing mirror in the Nissan Micra

Pre-order canceled

coolface.jpg

You can't even spell "fail" right. You act like painting Standard cars means nothing. I would have traded custom rims for custom paint in GT4 in a heartbeat. We lose rims, but we gain so much more.

Ok sorry it's FAIL My bad,.....but you got the point !!!

The problem whit the painting is the color selection is the same as offered on the dealers... Noting special !!!

I must wonder at what point they decided that there would be a standard and premium versions of cars. To me thats fine but there are alot of cars they could have just left out of the game all together that nobody gives a crap about and spent that time building premium models... Seriously who needs 4-5 models of the 3000gt including cars that aren't even AWD....

you know most people would have said "only 200 (or maybe with the extra time 400 ) cars in a gran turismo ?! that's ridiculous, Kaz is a nutter etc etc.... " No i'm glad to see standard as well as all thos magnificient premiums

Thanks to both Tekken90 and RDK for all the pics/videos^^
I have no problem with the standard cars, actually look very good. Can't wait to play with some of them like the AE86 trueno, Lancia Stratos, 205 T16 & many more...:D
Only the mechanical damage leave to me some doubt, I hope that someone can make the situation clear as soon as possible.

Hope thats true otherwise not many people will use them in online racing, so we would be seeing more of the same cars online which would be disappointing.
Come on, a little bit of logic ;) : what's the use of putting a spoiler and a front bumper if you can't change aerodynamic values?
Oh and.....we've been tuning "standard" cars in GT since 1997 :lol:

you know most people would have said "only 200 (or maybe with the extra time 400 ) cars in a gran turismo ?! that's ridiculous, Kaz is a nutter etc etc.... " No i'm glad to see standard as well as all thos magnificient premiums

I just feel like the split of premiums could have been split up a bit better. Im not really all that upset about the differences. It appears I have been spoiled by a few features in Forza that I will indeed miss. The ****** car models in Forza not being one of those features lol.

Seriously, I can't belive you are even moaning about this. Who would even wan't do drive these ugly piece of *****. Seriously? Look at it!

suzukacircuiteastcourse.jpg

They shouldn't have gone out screaming that GT5 would include 1000+ cars when 800 of them looks like this, some **** directly imported from PSP. Now it feels like we are getting an uncomplete game. It would have been better to skip these damn standard cars, they're only making it look worse.

No it's not, you unlock colours along the way. 256 of them by the sounds of the trophy list.

I highly doubt that since the standard cars' colors are baked textures. Judging from the time PD spent on standard cars, it's pretty safe to say you're stuck with factory colors

Seriously, I can't belive you are even moaning about this. Who would even wan't do drive these ugly piece of *****. Seriously? Look at it!

They shouldn't have gone out screaming that GT5 would include 1000+ cars when 800 of them looks like this, some **** directly imported from PSP. Now it feels like we are getting an uncomplete game. It would have been better to skip these damn standard cars, they're only making it look worse.

thats my point why even have this or a honda fit or a toyota prius??

what the heck is so hard to understand... standard cars are THE SAME CARS from GT4 with the SAME LOW POLY MODEL + some textures on, and no cockpit. On the other hand, premium are the NEW HIGH POLY CARS with HIGH TEXTURES and DETAILS. So don't expect much more from GT4 cars(standard in GT5) than a good anti-aliasing and maybe some good shaders compareble from those in GT4. The damage on standard cars will be made just from some shadow texture that are ment to "trick" your eyes. Nothing more, nothing less. BUT on the PREMIUM cars there will be some real deformation polygons and some very good textures(normal maps i guess) that will make cars feel almost perfect, like in real life.
I am pretty sure there will be some dlc after the game launch with more premium cars. So stop whining please...
Oh.. and for those "forza 3 whining boys" you should known that the forza 3 developers modeled their body cars with laser tehnology, which is way faster than hand craft-made models that GT5 producers worked on. Please, never compare forza 3 ******, crappy, low resolution mapped looking cars with premium gt5 cars. These people from PD that worked on GT5 put much, much more effort in understanding cars geometry and interior and that makes them very good 3D artist, not like those guys from turn 10 studio that make the job just for some money. You know, this game is something about passion, dedication, and attention to details...

Last edited:
I highly doubt that since the standard cars' colors are baked textures. Judging from the time PD spent on standard cars, it's pretty safe to say you're stuck with factory colors

Could be, but we do know we unlock colours along the way. I haven't had a look whether the options were the same as when the car is bought.

[...]

Out with the standard cars, 200 premium cars are more then enough. The time spent on the standard cars btw, would have resulted in more premium cars. Question is, why are standard cars in the game? What were they thinking? :crazy:

[...]

For marketing. I'm starting to think they haven't spent any time on standard cars...

I don't like what Standard cars look like and I have freedom to say so. This is still a democracy, isn't it? I will buy this game anyway, I love this franchise, which doesn't mean I can't criticize it. When I do so, I'm not saying the game sucks, but just pointing what could be improved, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Something like this should not be allowed in a game released 2010...Seriously what was PD thinking?!

For marketing. I'm starting to think they haven't spent any time on standard cars...

I don't like what Standard cars look like and I have freedom to say so. This is still a democracy, isn't it? I will buy this game anyway, I love this franchise, which doesn't mean I can't criticize it. When I do so, I'm not saying the game sucks, but justing pointing what could be improved, in my opinion.

Well when you clicked I agree on the terms and services when joining this forum you gave up your rights... Sorry.

Back