Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Same for the Accord Euro R... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132309&page=37#post4138365
Something's fishy.

EDIT: that Mazda is called EUNOS and it's P/S, damn....

That honda accord is 100% STANDARD. Look at the windows. The door stills are textures and not modeled. Some of the GT4 cars just turned out to look better than the rest that is all.

Just because the windows are not tinted it doesnt mean the car is a premium.. There are alot of premium cars that have tinted windows

If we look closely, the tires' texture are standard-ish as well. I believe all the custom wheels have premium tire texture. However I do not understand why standard cars cannot fit premium rims, while they can fit a wing on them. However I am amazed standard cars can be now painted, consider how much effort PD had to convert them from GT4. I am sure we will see many pearlescent coloured standard cars in the future :)

Like i said, on the standard cars you can only paint manufacturers' colors. We need to make a sticky thread for dummies lol

Does the photomode have a free camera like Forza 3 or is it like Gt4 where you have certain camera positions to cycle through?

We still don't know. The only photomode video is on Photo Travel location, not the one activate from the replay.

No not simple. If you understood how the standard cars were modeled and textured you would understand that it is not that simple at all.

It may be that simple. After all, they did bother to give the standard cars a little bit of love at least. Which by all means is more than most should have expected. I guess we shall see in 9 days then, if we in fact can give them crazy color schemes, or if we are infact stuck with the manufacturer colors.

Even if stuck with manufacturer colors, it will still be some options. With a bit of luck, 16 people with grey metalic paint wont show up at the same time to do racing then, I suppose. :sly:

It may be that simple. After all, they did bother to give the standard cars a little bit of love at least. Which by all means is more than most should have expected. I guess we shall see in 9 days then, if we in fact can give them crazy color schemes, or if we are infact stuck with the manufacturer colors.

Even if stuck with manufacturer colors, it will still be some options. With a bit of luck, 16 people with grey metalic paint wont show up at the same time to do racing then, I suppose. :sly:

It is very possible with premium cars, as for standards, you're just being a silly hopeful :)

We still don't know. The only photomode video is on Photo Travel location, not the one activate from the replay.

Ah right. There was some freedom in the travel video but it was only brief. Thanks for vid btw Super. And yes I'm more interested in how it works on the track.

The guy who taken the McLaren pics could tells us, unless he hasn't already. I read we can't zoom in on standard cars.

Like i said, on the standard cars you can only paint manufacturers' colors. We need to make a sticky thread for dummies lol

Well if you can explain why the silver color that applied on the EG Civic named "Gris Metallise". Go back to GT4 and check please.

The standard colors from the manufacturer, that was in grey were the following 3 for that year, Seattle Silver Met, Charcoal Granite Met. and Pewter Gray Met. So.. Looking at the manufacturer colors for that car and make of that year, it don't add up.

Also, as has been noted before, you collect paint, hence, unlock as you go.

Whilst out today walking around a shopping mall I did have a thought. Maybe the reason you can't change wheels or only do limited modifications (if this is true) on Standard models is so that you'll buy more cars. After all, I'm guessing the Premiums are the star of the show so to speak.. So you can't keep using your first car for as long as possible and just keep modifying it, you have to buy a whole new car.

Does that make sense?

The standard colors from the manufacturer, that was in grey were the following 3 for that year, Seattle Silver Met, Charcoal Granite Met. and Pewter Gray Met. So.. Looking at the manufacturer colors for that car and make of that year, it don't add up.

Also, as has been noted before, you collect paint, hence, unlock as you go.

I was actually curious about something though: I wonder if you CAN select from manufacturer colors or collected colors. There are a lot of sorting options. But, I still like the collecting colors thing. It's so awesome!

Whilst out today walking around a shopping mall I did have a thought. Maybe the reason you can't change wheels or only do limited modifications (if this is true) on Standard models is so that you'll buy more cars. After all, I'm guessing the Premiums are the star of the show so to speak.. So you can't keep using your first car for as long as possible and just keep modifying it, you have to buy a whole new car.

Does that make sense?

Well, yes and no.

Would make sense for PD to try and keep you in a Premium for as much time as possible, start trough finish for the best experience, if it's cockpit your after. Which im sure 80-90% of the gamers are going to be. The last part is most likely going to be the hardcore fans who could care less about the cockpit, and just want the good ol' cars tuned up and hitting the road with the new physics.

Due to the fact though that you are able to ( can't see any reason not to ) be able to tune up your car, engine and all those goodies, you should still be able to compete with standard cars , just as good as premium models, from start to finish. How ever, you wont ofcourse look as stylish as premium cars, nor have cockpit to drool over. Then again, I couldnt care less if my rims are stock, after all, I am not driving with a sideview of the car. :dopey:

Ah right. There was some freedom in the travel video but it was only brief. Thanks for vid btw Super. And yes I'm more interested in how it works on the track.

The guy who taken the McLaren pics could tells us, unless he hasn't already. I read we can't zoom in on standard cars.

of course PD doesn't want you to zoom in on the Standard Car's.. they dont want you to see just how Ugly they really are

I got so tired of seeing the same few complaints (and whiners) reappearing on every page, I dont even read the posts now, I just scroll and look for images and youtube links. It's a useful strategy.

Look at the rims on the standard cars though. They've been reworked and aren't completely flat and look at least presentable in a next-gen game. Allowing standard cars to change rims would mean PD will have to remodel all of the rims available in previous GT games.

2s82wit.jpg

23jsbj7.jpg

Nope...

Xjayz.jpg

I got so tired of seeing the same few complaints (and whiners) reappearing on every page, I dont even read the posts now, I just scroll and look for images and youtube links. It's a useful strategy.

Same here, if some people could just stop discussing Forza.

Read the title of the thread.

Wow. The Micra actually looked FAR better in Gran Turismo 4. Look at all the missing details. Low res lights, no door handles, missing panel gap lines.

Just pointing it out. I'm not complaining.

There's a lot of awesome things like weather, daylight changes, track creator and 200 premium cars but this game sucks because camera is off on cars so I'll go jump off a bridge right now.

Actually the game sucks because 80% of the cars in the game are lower quality but without interiors.

Ah I'm just being a jerk at this point, I know. I just thought your retort was slightly missing the point.

it's amazing that these are from the same game. the MP4-12C looks nearly photorealistic and I would have assumed the micra was from GT4 if I hadn't known better

It's amazing how two different photos taken on different tracks with different lighting can make two completely different cars look completely different!

Awesome job guys...just awesome.

/sarcasm

Actually the game sucks because 80% of the cars in the game are Forza quality but without interiors.

So.. You are saying that you would rather play a photorealistic game with zero content, over a little lower graphical game, but with content to the brink?

Hell, I still play RBR, and even older games with more funky blocky graphics, and if you have yet to understand it yet, Graphics don't make a game, the gameplay do. And let's be fair, saying that the game sucks, way before it's even out, not tried or even given the new physics a go has no common sense behind it as far as I can see.

GT series to me, has always been about the cars, the engine and chasis development so to speak, as well as the awesome car handling/ physics long before we even start talking about graphics. No one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to use the standard cars. Go online with your buds and go all premium, or do so in arcade if its not playable with them on the same field. It's really not that hard.

yo RDK have you figured out cosmetic and mechanical damage? which ones are not available on Arcade? is it unlockable? going by the vids, the kiosk demos had some serious damage compared to the Arcade mode vids.

also, what about physics settings? and tracks? is that the full track list, or are there still unlockables? thanks.

@ RDK How many camera angle you can choose from in photomode? Is there any camera you can freely move around its location (like photo travel)?

Back