Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
yo RDK have you figured out cosmetic and mechanical damage? which ones are not available on Arcade? is it unlockable? going by the vids, the kiosk demos had some serious damage compared to the Arcade mode vids.

also, what about physics settings? and tracks? is that the full track list, or are there still unlockables? thanks.

sorry guys i had no time for this ... GT is about racing and not burnout game ... i want to cruise around and enjoy the car, track ... not smashing the car into barrier ... i am reall GT fan ... i will try it later ... i am doing now super-licence and its hard because i want to be the first man in finish :)

i must go to work now ...

Alright I haven't completely followed this thread, but that McLaren MP4 is from photomode in GT5??? That's insane...

I do have a few questions regarding the standard vs. premium debate. I've caught glimpses from posts and conversations but I'm not quite clear. Can someone summarize in-game differences between standard and premium cars as far as what you can and can't do to the cars as far as customization in the game? (obviously no interiors), but for instance, I saw a post that said you can't change wheels on standard cars (if that's true) Thanks!

But we could change rims in previous GTs, when every car was standard - modeled as a single piece, as you say. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

No biggie on the misunderstanding. And I agree with the above quote. This puzzles me as well. If the older GT have the ability to changes wheels, why can't they in GT5. It won't make or break the game for me. In fact I only changed rims in GT2. But its always nice to know that you have this option if you want. Perhaps either patches can allow this or we have to wait for GT6.

Alright I haven't completely followed this thread, but that McLaren MP4 is from photomode in GT5??? That's insane...

I do have a few questions regarding the standard vs. premium debate. I've caught glimpses from posts and conversations but I'm not quite clear. Can someone summarize in-game differences between standard and premium cars as far as what you can and can't do to the cars as far as customization in the game? (obviously no interiors), but for instance, I saw a post that said you can't change wheels on standard cars (if that's true) Thanks!

Standard cars have no fancy wheels, or bodykits so to speak. Though they will ( as far as we know ) still have full tuning, and pretty much everything about the car you cant see ( shocks, engine tuning etc ). They can however change colors. How many colors work with each car is not known as of yet.

Premium is pretty much the oposite. They got everything.

I think if nothing else standard cars will add variety to races. If it were only the 200 odd premiums you would keep seeing the same cars over and over.

The premiums are just stunning, where are these new images coming in from? The MP4-12C, Mach 1 and 458 look indescribable.

Standard cars have no fancy wheels, or bodykits so to speak. Though they will ( as far as we know ) still have full tuning, and pretty much everything about the car you cant see ( shocks, engine tuning etc ). They can however change colors. How many colors work with each car is not known as of yet.

Premium is pretty much the oposite. They got everything.

Thanks a lot, that saved me a lot of time haha 👍

Yeah you are right. Now I kinda see why they did that. But why not wheel options? Maybe again, the wheels in GT5 are super HD and it wont look good on standard cars?

I might have the answer. After looking at some of the premiums, specifically NASCAR, I noticed the excellent wheel animations. The writing on the wheels are animated along with the rims and they change with the speed of the wheel. Now if the tires you buy for any car has text on them in the same way as NASCAR, it will conflict with a standard model wheel. They did upgrade the standard's wheel to have depth now, the nissan pic shows these well. But more than likely only the wheel is animated. Not the tire. Add in the wheels/tires that are premium based and you have a conflict.

Well look at the Ferrari F40, it was listed as standard when it was a premium in GT5P so who knows.

This was a typo, but its been changed to premium.

Is it really confirmed that there will be no DLC? Can you post a link?

It just seems with 800 base models to work with they could have a small team off to the side making them premium and perhaps updating the model years... It would be a lot less effort than new cars from scratch...

Seems like a real missed opportunity... Many developers are looking for player retention by way of DLC and active in game/online promotions, etc., GT5 should be an exception...

No DLC is not confirmed. KY actually stated awhile back that they weren't thinking about DLC. But now its he has indicated that there is an online team standing by. Whether this is for DLC or for server issues is not exactly known.

Last edited:

It just seems with 800 base models to work with they could have a small team off to the side making them premium and perhaps updating the model years... It would be a lot less effort than new cars from scratch...

Seems like a real missed opportunity... Many developers are looking for player retention by way of DLC and active in game/online promotions, etc., GT5 should be an exception...

No, it's not confirmed.
Kaz said they will release the complete game. Some people interpret that as there won't be any DLC's.

I might have the answer. After looking at some of the premiums, specifically NASCAR, I noticed the excellent wheel animations. The writing on the wheels are animated along with the rims and they change with the speed of the wheel. Now if the tires you buy for any car has text on them in the same way as NASCAR, it will conflict with a standard model wheel. They did upgrade the standard's wheel to have depth now, the nissan pic shows these well. But more than likely only the wheel is animated. Not the tire. Add in the wheels/tires that are premium based and you have a conflict.

Another reason to upgrade the standard car wheel models might have something with the fact that due to new physics engine, to have it all work properly, the wheel and tire would need a new fancy code regardless, to give all the information it would need.

Or it might just be because Kaz thought it looked horrible, and demanded some improvement.

The leaked cover clearly says "Add-on content"

So i wouldn't be surprised if we saw some DLC

No DLC is not confirmed. KY actually stated awhile back that they weren't thinking about DLC. But now he has indicated that there is an online team standing by. Whether this is for DLC or for server issues is not exactly known.

Let's look back the last... 5-6 years in game manufacturing. How many games when released has been bug free? No major glitches? No graphical screw ups?

The important thing to keep in the back of our minds when he say that he will release a complete game, to me, translates in to the simple fact that he will Not have his pride and joy, GT5, be a half arsed, buggy and glitchy release that will have people grinding their teeth. Not fifteen patches to even be able to safe progress in the next weeks after launch. To me, it's simply a great game, done proper from the get go. As far as my memory serves me, I can't quite remember any big bug fix patches for previous GT games?

No DLC is not confirmed. KY actually stated awhile back that they weren't thinking about DLC. But now its he has indicated that there is an online team standing by. Whether this is for DLC or for server issues is not exactly known.

Well, he did mention that they might add motorcycles if fans wanted it. But, yeah, essentially the statement he gave was a big ol' "MAYBE" or a more round about way of saying, "I cannot confirm or deny the possibility of DLC content for GT5."

As far as my memory serves me, I can't quite remember any big bug fix patches for previous GT games?

Probably because most of them were on consoles which didn't support such a feature... and the only one that has been (GT5 Prologue) has had about a billion updates.

Probably because most of them were on consoles which didn't support such a feature... and the only one that has been (GT5 Prologue) has had about a billion updates.

Yes, alot of updates, but mainly for more content, either it be GT-TV or Spec updates and what not ?

Honestly I could understand why there is only 220 premium cars, why the damage is limited, why some important cars and tracks werent included, why we dont have weather and day/night transition in all tracks...etc etc etc

I could understand all that there is a logic behind those decisions (mainly resources limits, be it technical, human, financial...etc), but what I cannot understand is this : Why in the hell remove great features for the full game that were already implemented in demo versions ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am specifically shocked by the removal of a hood view...thats inexcusable...

Why ?!!!!!!!!! whats the logic behind that ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the hood view was already present, why removing it ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone please who have an idea explain this to me ?

Yes, alot of updates, but mainly for more content, either it be GT-TV or Spec updates and what not ?

Yeah probably. I must be one of the few people here who's never even played it :P I wanted my first jump into a new generation of GT to be a big one.

rik
Why are people still whinging, geez guys.

Because we have this little thing called free speech. And it does not care if you are a moron or a god, you are still allowed to speak your mind. Sadly, a few to many wish to use it :sly:

of course PD doesn't want you to zoom in on the Standard Car's.. they dont want you to see just how Ugly they really are

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

I was just mentioning that's all I've read about photomode from the guy taking the McLaren pics. I'm seeking info about photomode at the track, on whether it's a free camera on the premiums.

If I want to see how bad the standard cars are, I can boot up GT4 whenever I want.

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

I was just mentioning that's all I've read about photomode from the guy taking the McLaren pics. I'm seeking info about photomode at the track, on whether it's a free camera on the premiums.

If I want to see how bad the standard cars are, I can boot up GT4 whenever I want.

You just want a close shot, right? Isn't this close enough:

nrburgringnordschleife2.jpg

I doubt the replay photo controls will alter from standard to premium either.

does the photomode have a free camera like forza 3 or is it like gt4 where you have certain camera positions to cycle through?

@rdk

You just want a close shot, right? Isn't this close enough:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8544/nrburgringnordschleife2.jpg[/IMG

I doubt the replay photo controls will alter from standard to premium either.[/QUOTE]

No. I want to know if photomode has a freely movable camera like Forza 3 or is it like GT4 where you have to cycle through many camera positions.

How can I be any more clearer?

Back