Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
i can't get the damage thing, the damage in the demos showed many sparks, paint coming off and huge deformation. I dont get why they decresead it int he final version? and where dirt on cars? paint coming off?

i mean they deleted features?

RDK
more smoke fun

nrburgringnordschleife4.jpg

See the lights in de smoke!! Great man!!👍

With the standards looking so good and the windows simply tinted darkly, at higher speeds it'd be really difficult to tell the difference between the standards and premiums, especially in the shade.

I may missed this, but do you have the retail game in-hand??

If so, have you done a review on it?? When you first started posting the videos, I would have expected some kind of excitement or something like "WOOOOW, great game" or "not as refined as I thought" from you...instead your thread got filled with a bunch of nitpicking questions and complainers who never played the game...

Is proof that the standards look as good as the cars from prologue. Loving how good the standards are looking, and that damage model isn't bad either. better than no damage :)
I must have played a different game to you, because from what I can see, the cars in GT5P look way better than these upscaled GT4 models.

Having said that, the Veyron (at first glance) doesn't look too bad, and at race speeds, that's all that really matters.

No they dont loook like prologue cars they look much worser but still prologue cars looked fantastic.
The premium cars have over 500k polygons per car, the standards have 200-250k, the cars from prologue have the same.

the cars have been boosted alot since prologue, that was 3 years ago.

You can just google Gran Turismo 5 Polygon count, or Gran Turismo 5 Prologue polygon count/Gran Turismo 5 Premium polygon count to find out this information.

One thing to understand is... those polygons aren't applied all in one area. the standards may have better wheel motion,detail in small area's than the ones from prologue, but yes some standards do look alot better than the others, like the merc/veyron/land rover are the best standards I've seen so far, others may have 100k less polygons, you can see it in some of them. but they may range in polygon count like they did in previous GT games.

Gran Turismo 3, PS2, 2001
Cars - ~2,000-4,000 polygons

Gran Turismo 4, PS2, 2004
Cars - ~2,000-5,000 polygons

Last edited:
The Veyron is most likely in the Used Car section which by GT standards changes every 7 game days I think. You'll have to check ever so often, GT PSP actually told you whenever this occurred, hopefully GT5 does this as well. Veyron will most likely be around 1 million credits, I saw in another video they had the Zonda in the used car section it was about a million or so credits. Seems like all the standards will be used cars, which is perfectly fine. Premium cars will grace the car shops. Man these days are getting harder to bear, lol. Time is ticking ever so slowly.

It has been asked for before but some pictures of a modified car would be nice.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop RDK, much appreciated!

Back