Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Hey RDK, thanks a lot for the stuff you've brought to us so far it's very much appreciated. I have one question regarding the events. Roughly how many events are there in the A-Spec races? I've only seen that one video that went around showing 9 events in the beginner and amateur classes each, which would mean there are A-Spec 45 events assuming that there's only 9 in the other three classes. Are there more than 9 events in the higher classes or are there extra places that open up containing events ie an Endurance races class?

Hey RDK its very obvious you have the full version since you have damage on your car pictures so this pretty much confirms that some thing is up with tekkens videos he diffidently doesn't have the final version.

i don´t know why people keep complainig so much. this game is just so incredible in all it´s variety. it actually blows my mind, when i think about playing gt1 on the ps1 :-D
we should all be quite happy that the release date is so close - finally :)

The premium cars have over 500k polygons per car, the standards have 200-250k, the cars from prologue have the same.

the cars have been boosted alot since prologue, that was 3 years ago.

You can just google Gran Turismo 5 Polygon count, or Gran Turismo 5 Prologue polygon count/Gran Turismo 5 Premium polygon count to find out this information.

Gran Turismo 3, PS2, 2001
Cars - ~2,000-4,000 polygons

Gran Turismo 4, PS2, 2004
Cars - ~2,000-5,000 polygons

Not to sound rude but that is plain wrong, the standards have at the most 15k polys, rather 5-10 k's, they're from GT4, so...

Not to sound rude but that is plain wrong, the standards have at the most 15k polys, rather 5-10 k's, they're from GT4, so...

Kazunori said that GT4 had around 4000 polygons (average). GT5P had around 250 000 polygons (average). Just one headlight in GT5P had 4000 polygons.

I have heard Kazunori saying lately that GT5 has 500 000 polygons per car.

Kazunori said that GT4 had around 4000 polygons (average). GT5P had around 250 000 polygons (average). Just one headlight in GT5P had 4000 polygons.

I have heard Kazunori saying lately that GT5 has 500 000 polygons, but I don't know...

I am talking about stabdards (GT4), not GT5 Prologue cars, which are clearly premiums, please stop talking all this BS, just look at the standards, they look EXACTELY like in GT4, only in HD and nicer textures and reflection, the polycount is probably the same.

RDK please pics of th SEAT Ibiza Cupra :)

P.S.

30712026.jpg

Hey RDK, thanks a lot for the stuff you've brought to us so far it's very much appreciated. I have one question regarding the events. Roughly how many events are there in the A-Spec races? I've only seen that one video that went around showing 9 events in the beginner and amateur classes each, which would mean there are A-Spec 45 events assuming that there's only 9 in the other three classes. Are there more than 9 events in the higher classes or are there extra places that open up containing events ie an Endurance races class?

only 9 for all

Yeah I also think so... The standards never have 250k polygons...

And unfortunately the damage on standards (on that shot) look really worse :indiff: But it´s ok, what can we do...

I still wonder that the veyron is standard (I dont care, I dont like the car)... After we´ve seen that PSP Veyron shots, I thought they are GT5 ingame shots and a little hint for the coming GT5...

wow go easy on the spoilers pls. I just wanted to see some large resolution pictures to see what resolution the game is running in but my question got avalanched by photomode stuff and spoilers. I didnt want to know how to get the veyron or that there's a car worth 10 million. I managed to scroll away just in time or I would have known what the end boss looks like allready.

wow go easy on the spoilers pls. I just wanted to see some large resolution pictures to see what resolution the game is running in but my question got avalanched by photomode stuff and spoilers. I didnt want to know how to get the veyron or that there's a car worth 10 million. I managed to scroll away just in time or I would have known what the end boss looks like allready.

...Aside from prize cars, there aren't really any hidden things in a racing game that would be considered 'spoilers'.

This isn't Harry Potter, it's GT..

RDK how hard is it to earn like, say half a million CR in this game? Is it like prologue where you have to keep grinding and repeating races over and over again just to amass credits?

uh oh there was suppose to be no more talk of "that" in these threads, but its ok its from RDK :) /sarcasm.

Awesome pictures, thanks so much for the uploads.

Last edited:
I am talking about stabdards (GT4), not GT5 Prologue cars, which are clearly premiums, please stop talking all this BS, just look at the standards, they look EXACTELY like in GT4, only in HD and nicer textures and reflection, the polycount is probably the same.

It's not ********. I am quoting original numbers that Kazunori have said himself about two years ago. Who knows if those were Photo Mode or Gameplay polygon counts, though.

RDK, Can you post some photos of a tuned premium car please? It will really make some people stop complaining once they see the tuning options, or lack of :P

Back