Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
No - It means you are incapable of reading.

The gauge is clearly set to kph not mph, however given that every post you have so far made seems determined to start an argument I find you lack of fact checking to be of little surprise.

Scaff

You really need to take your own advice. The car actually is going 220 mph+ (350 km/h). He never said anything about the spedometer reading.

4onio.jpg

Ohh yeh. I'm hoping for a fog horn. Something similar to the noise the tripods made in War of the worlds. That would be awesome.

(But a completely unrealistic expectation lol)

We have full customisable brakes. You want what exactly ?

So I can make a 1991 CIVIC with tiny rotors and drums and single piston calipers, have the same stopping power as a Ferrari with 14" carbon ceramic disks and 8 pot calipers, with just the touch of a magical brake controller, and you're just fine with that?

So I can make a 1991 CIVIC with tiny rotors and drums and single piston calipers, have the same stopping power as a Ferrari with 14" carbon ceramic disks and 8 pot calipers, with just the touch of a magical brake controller, and you're just fine with that?

Jep, why not? You can do it in RL so why not in GT5? Btw. can you do something else than complaining?

We just figured out that there are horns you can buy so what exactly make you think you can´t buy brakes? Do you own GT5? Wait and see or just don´t buy it! I think that is what you should do as much as you are complaining about the brakes and stuff just don´t buy GT5!

Yes, braking force is dictated by grip in the tires, NOT size of the brakes. Newb.

Not defending him in anyway, but I just watched that video, and @ 3:05 in the video it's doing 360 kph = 223.6 mph and the top speed of a nascar with draft is about 200-205mph.

Edit, Just found these facts online.

1. Bill Elliott's 212.809 MPH lap at Talladega in 1987
2. Bill Elliott's 210.364 MPH lap at Daytona in 1987
3. Geoffrey Bodine's 197.478 MPH lap at Atlanta in 1997
Top speed record holders for nascar.

The Bill Elliott's numbers were before restrictor plates.

The Bill Elliott's numbers were before restrictor plates.

exactly. the fastest time set in qualifying with the COT was a week and a half ago at texas, 196 MPH not in a draft by elliot sadler. in a two-car draft on talladega (optimum speed conditions, despite the restrictor plates), the cars would hit about 205-210 MPH. without the restrictor plates, they'd probably hit about 215-220 at top end, but they'd never be able to do that drafting with any sort of gap at anything short of talladega or bristol

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

Just for you, buddy.

Just. For. You.

Not sure who you're face palming, but tires do have a lot to do with braking. If the brakes exert enough force to overpower the tires, it doesn't matter how much bigger you make the brakes, they won't stop any better.

The benefit of large brakes is primarily the ability to repeatedly exert maximum braking force, without fade. As far as I know GT5 doesn't simulate brake fade (it really should though)

Back