Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Whatever's being nitpicked, you can count on me to join in the discussion, because even though I havent played it, I know everything about this game.

Everything.

Really? So you're physic. You do realize that if you don't like the game and you're just going to sit and argue, that technically counts as trolling, right?

Whatever's being nitpicked, you can count on me to join in the discussion, because even though I havent played it, I know everything about this game.

Everything.

It is weird to meat a self proclaimed troll. Hmmmm.... I think that is a good idea.

**runs to the hand ball forums**

Haha welcome to the club there appears to be loads of people just like you who know everything about this game! Even though you haven't played it I agree you should be able to percieve every single thing about it! ;)

Reading over the last few posts am not sure people get that he is being sarcastic...

Haha welcome to the club there appears to be loads of people just like you who know everything about this game! Even though you haven't played it I agree you should be able to percieve every single thing about it! ;)

Reading over the last few posts am not sure people get that he is being sarcastic...

Yea man, I'm laughing at all of the...

il_570xN.73864961.jpg

(ninja troll) :lol:

Not defending him in anyway, but I just watched that video, and @ 3:05 in the video it's doing 360 kph = 223.6 mph and the top speed of a nascar with draft is about 200-205mph.

Edit, Just found these facts online.

1. Bill Elliott's 212.809 MPH lap at Talladega in 1987
2. Bill Elliott's 210.364 MPH lap at Daytona in 1987
3. Geoffrey Bodine's 197.478 MPH lap at Atlanta in 1997
Top speed record holders for nascar.

They can go faster than that.
"Rusty Wallace tested a car at Talladega Superspeedway without a restrictor plate in 2004, reaching a top speed of 228 mph (367 km/h) in the backstretch and a one-lap average of 221 mph (356 km/h)"

Standard models look a bit vintage to say the least, premiums look absolutely incredible.

How are the physics in the game, compared to something like Rfactor or Iracing? The videos i watched give me the impression that its exactly like GT4.

Come on, both you and I can see that's not the case. That texture is nothing but low-res, stop pretending it's because of something else.

Pretending are you serious, the car is moving Im shocked you really care how the ground looks man. :rolleys:

Standard models look a bit vintage to say the least, premiums look absolutely incredible.

How are the physics in the game, compared to something like Rfactor or Iracing? The videos i watched give me the impression that its exactly like GT4.

I'm curious about the physics as well. I love iRacings physics and I hope GT5 can match that. I want a sim, not another video game. iRacing is very difficult. You can't just pick it up and play it. Each track and each car requires hours of seat time before you can even keep it on the track properly, let alone run a fast time. I hope GT can at least offer me a challenge in the cars and tracks that require hours of time to learn.

But if not, I will still be happy and content with the sheer beauty of this game.
:)

They can go faster than that.
"Rusty Wallace tested a car at Talladega Superspeedway without a restrictor plate in 2004, reaching a top speed of 228 mph (367 km/h) in the backstretch and a one-lap average of 221 mph (356 km/h)"

Yeah, but the game should have the rules implemented.

I expect the cars to have restrictor plate on Daytona races.

The video showed 360kpm under draft on Indy.

That´s just way out of line with reality. Hopefully it´s because it was arcade, but still...

Wow, it's hilarious to listen to people who have obviously been waiting for this game for a long time, say that they aren't going to be buying it. I can actually tell through the computer that they were cringing as they typed that, and the first thing they are going to do when this game comes out is go and buy it. Stop trying to fool everyone with your whole "well this game's just not worth it now" act, because your not fooling anyone.

No. I agree with him. It's because the car's moving.

No, it's not, and I am 1000% sure of it. I've been working alot with textures and I can see that that road texture and the grass textures in other images are low-res. :)

And just so you know, I'm still buying it and I've never said anything else. The only thing tht would make me doubt now is if we don't have as hardcore physics as in the TT demo.

Wow, it's hilarious to listen to people who have obviously been waiting for this game for a long time, say that they aren't going to be buying it. I can actually tell through the computer that they were cringing as they typed that, and the first thing they are going to do when this game comes out is go and buy it. Stop trying to fool everyone with your whole "well this game's just not worth it now" act, because your not fooling anyone.

Yea, if my wife had a big nose... I'd divorce her. :lol:

Actually no you won't. You love your wife and you married her years ago. So, yea people need to stop pretending and start getting excited.

Yeah, I agree with the posters above me. Words are meaningless. If your not going to buy a copy, then don't. The whole world doesn't need to know.:rolleyes: some people just think the world revolves around them.

No, it's not, and I am 1000% sure of it. I've been working alot with textures and I can see that that road textures and the grass textures are low-res. :)

And just so you know, I'm still buying it and I've never said anything else. The only thing tht would make me doubt now is if we don't have as hardcore physics as in the TT demo.

Well then, you would know better than anyone with your experience with texture's that in order to maintain a high FPS average in a game, textures that are repeated a lot over a certain amount of time such as roads and grass textures should not be high resolution at all as the games texture filtering has a big affect on the games overall performance. Right? :)

It's not an official wheel. So, we will not see it listed in the menu.

However, that won't prevent compatibility. The lights and paddles worked perfectly on the TT Demo. However, no one could test the clutch on the TT Demo, because it is considered an "unfair advantage" in Time Trials.

But I am definitely hoping for the ability to turn the clutch on permanently. However, it does work in Prologue, you just have to press triangle at the beginning of the race to turn it on.

as long as all functions of the wheel works, then its compatible.

Even though I feel like it's almost impossible to keep things from leaking these days (double entendre time:D), I sorta wish nothing about GT5 had leaked--however, I am thoroughly enjoying these vids and pics. Though I suppose had it come out on the 2nd, so much of it would not have hit the net.

Nothing wrong with disappointment, but some of the whining and nitpicking is getting a bit ridiculous. Especially since none of us, save a few lucky ones, even have the actual game to be able to make a thorough judgement.

No. I agree with him. It's because the car's moving.

The blur you see is not directional as it would be if it was from movement. At best it's DoF blur but even then there is no area in which it's properly in focus, so that says it's a rather low quality flat texture.

Well then, you would know better than anyone with your experience with texture's that in order to maintain a high FPS average in a game, textures that are repeated a lot over a certain amount of time such as roads and grass textures should not be high resolution at all as the games texture filtering has a big affect on the games overall performance. Right? :)

What does this post have to do with anything? Have I ever stated anything else?

Well, it sounded like you were complaining about the resolution of the road textures, both on this page and the previous page, i was simply informing you of the reason for this.

Back