Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
It's not an official wheel. So, we will not see it listed in the menu.

However, that won't prevent compatibility. The lights and paddles worked perfectly on the TT Demo. However, no one could test the clutch on the TT Demo, because it is considered an "unfair advantage" in Time Trials.

But I am definitely hoping for the ability to turn the clutch on permanently. However, it does work in Prologue, you just have to press triangle at the beginning of the race to turn it on.

Aha! This is exactly why I came into this thread. Good to hear that I can use my paddles and lights 'cause as fun as the stick is... it's just so much faster with the flappers.

Aha! This is exactly why I came into this thread. Good to hear that I can use my paddles and lights 'cause as fun as the stick is... it's just so much faster with the flappers.

I'm faster with my shifter, however the way I play GT5P, and GT5 depends on the car i'm in. If i'm in a Ferrari 458 I will use the paddles, if I'm in the S2000 I will use clutch and shifter makes the game that much better!

Man, this game and my G27 is what is going to teach me to use paddles. I am so clueless about them. My thing is that I'm soooo forgetful. When I drive a stick, I periodically check to see what gear I'm in because I don't hear the pitch of the engine very well. When I start trying to use paddles, I get so confused. :lol:

But just like anything else, I'll take it as a challenge. Because I am determined to play all manual, most realistic settings, etc. And just enjoy the driving of the game. 👍

It depends on wheel rotation and the style of driving. For instance if you have 360degree steering and you are doing rallying you are going to have a very hard time trying to use paddles.

Paddles only really work on 180degree rotation

I'm sure i'll probably get faster with the shifter the more I play (I only recently got my G27... long after I'd completed the majority of Prologue) and I'd love to use it to learn how to drive stick in real life (everyone I know has an automatic) so that's for sure. But at the same time, most of my favorite cars have paddle shifters and I intend to use paddles even in cars that don't naturally have them.

I'm sure i'll probably get faster with the shifter the more I play (I only recently got my G27... long after I'd completed the majority of Prologue) and I'd love to use it to learn how to drive stick in real life (everyone I know has an automatic) so that's for sure. But at the same time, most of my favorite cars have paddle shifters and I intend to use paddles even in cars that don't naturally have them.

Actually, thanks for the idea. I might grab a Copen or something and practice. Because when I tried using my paddles on PD's F1 car in GT4... :scared:

I'm still confused why the back of the box says about sparks but looking at all the video clips it appears they didn't include it?

It depends on wheel rotation and the style of driving. For instance if you have 360degree steering and you are doing rallying you are going to have a very hard time trying to use paddles.

Paddles only really work on 180degree rotation

I use paddles just fine with 900 degrees rotation.

Man, this game and my G27 is what is going to teach me to use paddles. I am so clueless about them. My thing is that I'm soooo forgetful. When I drive a stick, I periodically check to see what gear I'm in because I don't hear the pitch of the engine very well. When I start trying to use paddles, I get so confused. :lol:

But just like anything else, I'll take it as a challenge. Because I am determined to play all manual, most realistic settings, etc. And just enjoy the driving of the game. 👍
I've never ever used a wheel in my life and I currently have a G25/Wheelstand Pro sitting next to me ready to go.

Obviously I cannot wait to play GT5 but im also really looking forward to the challenge of using a wheel.

in this video we can see day/night in nurburgring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c&feature=player_embedded
what about dynamic weather? Is there in this event
or we can choose only sunny or rain?

soo.. in GT5 can we play with dynamic weather?

I hope.. but i don't think.. i'm very disappointed about this.

The 24 hour version of Nürburgring (the one with the GP track and the north loop) will have time change and dynamic weather, as far as I know. There isn't dynamic weather and time on all the other tracks though.

The 24 hour version of Nürburgring (the one with the GP track and the north loop) will have time change and dynamic weather, as far as I know. There isn't dynamic weather and time on all the other tracks though.

I hope you are right and available online
but I have to see a video about dynamic weather as soon as possible
because i think it's only a dream... :-(

I use paddles just fine with 900 degrees rotation.

It's literally impossible. Your paddles aren't where they should be for instance if the steering wheel is turned 180degree's so you would be down-shifting when you want to up-shift, on top of this when you turn much more then 90degree's you have to take your hands out of the 10 and 2 positions.

It's literally impossible. Your paddles aren't where they should be for instance if the steering wheel is turned 180degree's so you would be down-shifting when you want to up-shift, on top of this when you turn much more then 90degree's you have to take your hands out of the 10 and 2 positions.

Thats how you drive a production car, and it's not impossible because I can do it, maybe you should have said it's impossible for me. Remember when you change gear with a flappy paddle you only need to take one hand of the wheel at a time ;)

Got to get good at letting the wheel slip through your hand. Search vids of top gear on you tube and see what Clarkson is doing with the wheel when he is getting sideways with those super cars.

I've never ever used a wheel in my life and I currently have a G25/Wheelstand Pro sitting next to me ready to go.

Obviously I cannot wait to play GT5 but im also really looking forward to the challenge of using a wheel.

Be prepared for massive frustration to start with mate. It'll probably take you a few laps to even get round without running of track and lots of practice to get near your pad laptimes. Stick with it though becasue it's immeasurably more fun and actully quicker once you get the hang of it. And be prepared for an epiphany when you realise just how much of a difference ffb makes. Good luck, practice and don't give up.

Total different question from all that wheel no wheel (no wheel for me :D ) discussion.

I couldnt catch any info / picture or video where we could see some brand trophy's as in old GT titles.

Anyone knows anything about that?

Be prepared for massive frustration to start with mate. It'll probably take you a few laps to even get round without running of track and lots of practice to get near your pad laptimes. Stick with it though becasue it's immeasurably more fun and actully quicker once you get the hang of it. And be prepared for an epiphany when you realise just how much of a difference ffb makes. Good luck, practice and don't give up.
Im sure your right mate. I said to my friends the other day that im determined to master the wheel after spending £200. I did say to them though that I won't be hotlapping straight away. Im hoping playing GT5 offline will help me master the wheel.

Someone once said to me that to master the wheel and be competitive on the time trials will take at least 3months if not longer!

Im sure your right mate. I said to my friends the other day that im determined to master the wheel after spending £200. I did say to them though that I won't be hotlapping straight away. Im hoping playing GT5 offline will help me master the wheel.

Someone once said to me that to master the wheel and be competitive on the time trials will take at least 3months if not longer!

3 months sounds about right to me. There's a few guys I play Forza with who have bought a wheel recently in anticipation of GT5 and they are all struggling. After so many years of using the pad and getting to a high standard they are finding it hard to accept being slow with the wheel!! One guy has even given up and gone back to the pad which is a real shame. My one bit of advice would be, don't even think about trying the pad. I reckon the best way to learn a wheel is to get a new game and start from scratch with the wheel, don't even entertain the pad and you will get there a lot quicker. Actually makes me smile thinking about how good a time your going to have with that wheel.

3 months sounds about right to me. There's a few guys I play Forza with who have bought a wheel recently in anticipation of GT5 and they are all struggling. After so many years of using the pad and getting to a high standard they are finding it hard to accept being slow with the wheel!! One guy has even given up and gone back to the pad which is a real shame. My one bit of advice would be, don't even think about trying the pad. I reckon the best way to learn a wheel is to get a new game and start from scratch with the wheel, don't even entertain the pad and you will get there a lot quicker. Actually makes me smile thinking about how good a time your going to have with that wheel.

Well I certainly have alot of patience. Yesterday I was hotlapping in the time trials around Kaido on FM3 and that really tested my patience. Determined to break the 8min barrier lol, currently have 8.03!

Yes I agree giving up and using the pad is the worst thing I could do. My main dilemma is do I try and master everything i.e clutch, stick or do I keep it simple at first and just use the paddles without clutch?

P.S love to have you on my friends list when we do eventually play online. My PSN is BRC-IVORBIGUN.

CCX
So has it been confirmed that the G27 paddles will work with GT5?

If this is carried over to GT5 (found in GT PSP code), then yes, it should support paddle shifting.

G27.STICK_BX1
G27.STICK_BX1F
G27.STICK_BX1L
G27.STICK_BY1
G27.STICK_BY1F
G27.STICK_BY1L
G27.STICK_BX2
G27.STICK_BX2C
G27.STICK_BX2F
G27.STICK_BX2L
G27.STICK_BY2
G27.STICK_BY2C
G27.STICK_BY2F
G27.STICK_BY2L
G27.STEER
G27.SIDEBRAKE
G27.GEAR
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_X
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_Y

G27.GRAVITY_X
G27.GRAVITY_Y
G27.GRAVITY_Z
G27.TORQUE_Y

Well I certainly have alot of patience. Yesterday I was hotlapping in the time trials around Kaido on FM3 and that really tested my patience. Determined to break the 8min barrier lol, currently have 8.03!

Yes I agree giving up and using the pad is the worst thing I could do. My main dilemma is do I try and master everything i.e clutch, stick or do I keep it simple at first and just use the paddles without clutch?

P.S love to have you on my friends list when we do eventually play online. My PSN is BRC-IVORBIGUN.

Will add you when I'm next on 👍

As for using everything from the off. Bit of a double edged sword. Some would say it's better to jump in at the deepend and go full on straight away. Personally I would say stick to the basics first and then add to your armoury when you feel ready.

Will add you when I'm next on 👍

As for using everything from the off. Bit of a double edged sword. Some would say it's better to jump in at the deepend and go full on straight away. Personally I would say stick to the basics first and then add to your armoury when you feel ready.

i would agree with the latter half of your post. baby steps coming into the wheel is alot better, simply because its multiple tasks when using a wheel, clutch and h shifter.

first focus on getting yourself good with the wheel on automatic gears, so then you know what amount to steer, when it loses grip (and the feeling associated) etc. then id say have a go at going manual, if possible without the clutch. This way you can get a feel for the gears, when downshifts should be happening on track (such things as boards or landmarks by the tracks help me with braking/downshifting).

THEN have a go at both with the clutch. hopefully you will master it and have a good time :) ive done this on live for speed and needless to say, heel-toe downshifting, drifting etc become AWESOME

If the clutch isn't supported on the G25/G27. All we need to do; is find out how to do the glitch with powerless shifting, and then PD can patch it can't they? Playing without the clutch is pointless.

Back