Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
:confused:

22809052151650002631.jpg

And you have played the complete game and unlocked everything or are you posting a screenshot of someone who have just started playing the game in arcade mode on unknown settings?

Whats the point? :confused:
I`m all positive about GT5 ! you can read my previous posts. but I don`t think that damage is an unlockable item. and I dont car about damage but its very odd that they toned down the damage.

And you have played the complete game and unlocked everything or are you posting a screenshot of someone who have just started playing the game in arcade mode on unknown settings?

Whats the point? :confused:

The point is there is pretty compelling evidence to suggest the damage modeling was toned down between the demo build and the final release.

The point is there is pretty compelling evidence to suggest the damage modeling was toned down between the demo build and the final release.

Please explain when we have never saw mechanical damage in any videos?

GT5 is turning out to be joke when it comes to the damage system

Your post is a joke 1st play the game, then judge.

GT5 is turning out to be joke when it comes to the damage system

Wasnt the damage system basically tacked on later in the development process though? I remember just 2 years ago or so someone at sony or pd saying in an interview that GT wouldnt have damage. Then suddenly like a year after that they said it would have it.

Its obvious that damage was not a focus of theirs. It's not realistic at all. Ive seen enough vids of the final game, when cars hit each other they look like bumper cars. Not only is the damage not right, but just the way they react when they hit each other doesnt look natural to me.

It doesnt matter much to me though. It would be nice if it were better, this is an area where their competitors are much better at, but maybe this can be patched down the line, or at least better in GT6.

Wasnt the damage system basically tacked on later in the development process though? I remember just 2 years ago or so someone at sony or pd saying in an interview that GT wouldnt have damage. Then suddenly like a year after that they said it would have it.

Its obvious that damage was not a focus of theirs. It's not realistic at all. Ive seen enough vids of the final game, when cars hit each other they look like bumper cars. Not only is the damage not right, but just the way they react when they hit each other doesnt look natural to me.

It doesnt matter much to me though. It would be nice if it were better, this is an area where their competitors are much better at, but maybe this can be patched down the line, or at least better in GT6.

Why man why? If we have not seen any footage of mechanical damage and it is confirmed on the official web site that all cars have mechanical damage what does that tell you? I know what it tells me.

Why man why? If we have not seen any footage of mechanical damage and it is confirmed on the official web site that all cars have mechanical damage what does that tell you? I know what it tells me.

Why what? Watch some of tekken90's vids when he gets in accidents. It's obvious the damage isnt realistic, not even close. I rear ended someone in my honda accord on the parkway last month, I was doing just 30 miles an hour tops, and my front end was trashed pretty good. The car was totaled, had to get a new car because of it.

Ive seen him crash into cars and guard rails at high speeds with less damage than I had. When he hits other cars at high speeds they basically just bounce off each other with maybe a scratch or a dent. It is what it is, it's not realistic. I think if damage was an important feature to them when they started this project, don't you think it would be more realistic?

All we can do is hope it's patched after release, or at least far better in GT6.

Why what? Watch some of tekken90's vids when he gets in accidents. It's obvious the damage isnt realistic, not even close. I rear ended someone in my honda accord on the parkway last month, I was doing just 30 miles an hour tops, and my front end was trashed pretty good. The car was totaled, had to get a new car because of it.

Ive seen him crash into cars and guard rails at high speeds with less damage than I had. When he hits other cars at high speeds they basically just bounce off each other with maybe a scratch or a dent. It is what it is, it's not realistic. I think if damage was an important feature to them when they started this project, don't you think it would be more realistic?

All we can do is hope it's patched after release, or at least far better in GT6.

Wow I guess you did not read my post :rolleyes: In Tekken video their has not been any evidence of mechanical damage meaning when you hit the wall that fast your car should not be working or at least barley driving. Mechanical damage is confirmed on the official site. Before you start making assumptions into facts play the game 1st. I really believe we have not seen the full damage system in GT5, If so his car would of showed mechanical damage.

Look at the images. You tell me. Both of those were taken from videos where the car smacked into barriers at high speed. One clearly shows more physical damage than the other. One was a demo build. The other is from the release version.

I can understand if damage can be turned on or off. Or even if it needs to be unlocked (although this is a stretch). But what do you think this means?

Wow I guess you did not read my post :rolleyes: In Tekken video their has not been any evidence of mechanical damage meaning when you hit the wall that fast your car should not be working or at least barley driving. Mechanical damage is confirmed on the official site. Before you start making assumptions into facts play the game 1st. I really believe we have not seen the full damage system in GT5, If so his car would of showed mechanical damage.

Yeah, we need some career mode driving! (we have only seen arcade mode driving :confused:)

Well, I think there might actually be a big difference between arcade mode and GT mode, if tekken90's vidoes are of him playing on arcade mode (racing-wise). At least, I hope things are just limited in arcade mode so people playing a sim for the first time can enjoy it too. Maybe they've just really simplified arcade mode, but left the online and GT modes untouched. I REALLY hope so.

I really don't think any of us should just be making assumptions based off of youtube vids though. At least wait 'til you have the game in your ps3.

Look at the images. You tell me. Both of those were taken from videos where the car smacked into barriers at high speed. One clearly shows more physical damage than the other. One was a demo build. The other is from the release version.

I can understand if damage can be turned on or off. Or even if it needs to be unlocked (although this is a stretch). But what do you think this means?

I don't get why people are not understanding what mechanical damage is. What you just wrote has nothing to do with mechanical damage. Its not physical damage. In tekken videos he his a wall going full speed and then drives off as if nothing happened. On the official web site its says all cars will suffer from mechanical damage meaning if you hit a wall very hard its going to affect how your car drives. Again we have not seen this on any video. Makes me believe we have not seem the full damage system yet.

Well, I think there might actually be a big difference between arcade mode and GT mode, if tekken90's vidoes are of him playing on arcade mode (racing-wise). At least, I hope things are just limited in arcade mode so people playing a sim for the first time can enjoy it too. Maybe they've just really simplified arcade mode, but left the online and GT modes untouched. I REALLY hope so.

I really don't think any of us should just be making assumptions based off of youtube vids though. At least wait 'til you have the game in your ps3.

Read bold its one thing to say i didn't see any real damage, but when you say GT5 has no damage or sucky damage your making your assumption a fact. I will wait until i play the game If damage is like this in the end then yes it suck :lol: but at least i will play it on my own before making final judgment. 👍

I don't get why people are not understanding what mechanical damage is. What you just wrote has nothing to do with mechanical damage. Its not physical damage. In tekken videos he his a wall going full speed and then drives off as if nothing happened. On the official web site its says all cars will suffer from mechanical damage meaning if you hit a wall very hard its going to affect how your car drives. Again we have not seen this on any video. Makes me believe we have not seem the full damage system yet.

Do we know for sure he was in arcade mode? The problem is there are a lot of vids out there of this game, and despite that we've yet to see any realistic physical damage, or any actual evidence of mechanical damage. When you've seen as much as we have it's hard for people to avoid speculating. Believe me I hope we're wrong, damage is very important to a racing sim.

Maybe it's there, but it if there's going to be mechanical damage, well you would hope the physical damage is somewhat realistic as well. Im not expecting it to actually be 100% realistic looking, but at least somewhat closer than what we've seen.

Do we know for sure he was in arcade mode? The problem is there are a lot of vids out there of this game, and despite that we've yet to see any realistic physical damage, or any actual evidence of mechanical damage. When you've seen as much as we have it's hard for people to avoid speculating. Believe me I hope we're wrong, damage is very important to a racing sim.

Maybe it's there, but it if there's going to be mechanical damage, well you would hope the physical damage is somewhat realistic as well. Im not expecting it to actually be 100% realistic looking, but at least somewhat closer than what we've seen.

Yes he said he drives in arcade mode, but all i'm saying is If we have not seen any mechanical damage, what makes you think we saw the real physical damage. The settings seam to be toned down for damage.

I don't get why people are not understanding what mechanical damage is. What you just wrote has nothing to do with mechanical damage. Its not physical damage.

I'm not talking about mechanical damage. You are. I'm talking about the physical damage comparison between the demo build and the release version. Which at least appears, for whatever reason, to be different.

I suppose one could argue that physical damage and mechanical damage would be linked together. And I suspect they would be.

Yes he said he drives in arcade mode, but all i'm saying is If we have not seen any mechanical damage, what makes you think we saw the real physical damage. The settings seam to be toned down for damage.

Here's what the problem is. We're just a week from release, people have the game already. Its very rare that it gets to this point without some sort of leaked proof.

Big games like this dont often hold any secrets back, ESPECIALLY after it's been leaked. How can we be so close to release when the game is out in the wild for a week now, and still not have any proof of mechanical damage at all, or any evidence of realistic physical damage? Seems a little fishy to me, that's all.

Maybe it is there, none of us knows yet, but the truth is not knowing about this is a little surprising to some people here. Almost unbelievable that if it is actually there, that we havent seen any evidence of it yet.

In Tekken video their has not been any evidence of mechanical damage meaning when you hit the wall that fast your car should not be working or at least barley driving. Mechanical damage is confirmed on the official site. Before you start making assumptions into facts play the game 1st. I really believe we have not seen the full damage system in GT5, If so his car would of showed mechanical damage.

[rant]The official website once told us also that the game would be release on November the 2nd :dopey:[/rant] (just kidding...)

I think I know what you mean but you cannot disassociate one thing (physical damage) from the other (mechanical damage), when a game has them both incorporated (as it is supposed to be the case).

The first hit of the Gallardo in Tekken's video would be more than sufficient to inflict severe mechanical damage to the car, besides the physical that was apparent, causing it to be undriveable if the damage (both damages!) were realistically implemented.

Coming to physical damage alone, and comparing it to the physical damage (remember) showned on the demos (that you in fact also played if I remember) it is unquestionable that it has been severely tuned down. (just look at the pictures)... This can mean one out of two things:

a) The damage level has been tuned down or, b) the damage level increases (in realism) as further as you progress in the game. I believe it is the option a), since a don't see the point of having an increasingly realistic damage level in a game which is supposed to be the "real driving simulator".

Now this is an assumption as you said so from my part. True. But your believe that mechanical damage is at the moment also an assumption of yours based solely on what was once/is referred at GT's webpage. But as I said earlier, based on the experience we have and what we have seen, it also fair to assume that feature was (another?) to be discarted.

Back