Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Maybe I have missed it up to this point with all the videos leaked, but where is the penalty system?. Could it be similar to what is in Prologue, where it applied only to Professional Events.

Sounds intresting but why would he do that?
And why would other dudes like RDK spoil everything ecxept the damage?
(he showed us already standard-car damage).

Think about it

What is there to think about?

It is quite obvious that they are drip feeding us a little bit here and a little bit there. I am sure if they wanted they could show alot more, but why spoil it. In my eyes regardless of this whole damage escapade, they have shown enough to get the juices going for next week.

And IMO they have set out to do what was intended.

Is it a review copy? Is it a marketing campaign, who knows. But I for one am very glad that what I have seen so far is more than enough for me to sink months into it.

Last edited:
Regarding damage:
That said, Blitz asked a lot of good questions during his one-on-one time with the Sony reps, and I recommend jumping over to his complete report here in our forums. Most noteworthy:

* Partial confirmation that you’ll be able to save your progress during endurance races (a much-wanted feature in Gran Turismo 4).
* Damage severity is linked to the game’s difficulty settings: “easy, medium, hard or standard and professional”.
* You will be able to manage B-Spec races from both your PC’s web browser and mobile device.
* Re-confirmation that “all” of your cars in Gran Turismo PSP can be transferred to GT5 and will be playable in Arcade Mode.
* New and improved Gran Turismo TV will return from GT5: Prologue.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-damage-endurance-races-discussed-at-room299-press-event/

Bit random but I love how all cars, (standards atleast) have a description of the car, I missed these features in GT3 and GT4, it was just great reading up on the cars history.

So which is the best setting Hard or professional?

From some of the leaked videos, most races (in Arcade mode) have 3 levels, and only 1-2 with 4.

This is a weird way to do the damage though. I don't know why they did it like this. You would think they would have damage as an option for separate cosmetic/mechanical.

Even then damage on the hard level is weak at best, and no mehcanical damage

Surely it would be Professional, for an all round tougher experience.

Professional is physics hard is AI. I believe from what we have seen in demo's.

From some of the leaked videos, most races (in Arcade mode) have 3 levels, and only 1-2 with 4.

This is a weird way to do the damage though. I don't know why they did it like this. You would think they would have damage as an option for separate cosmetic/mechanical.

Yeah why couldn't they just have it as on or off .Still if Tekken's videos were at the hardest level how could there be a lower level of damage?

So how come Tekken doesn't change the settings and even said that there's no adjustable settings for Standard/Professional physics?

Please explain when we have never saw mechanical damage in any videos?.

They're talking about visual damage being seemingly toned down from the demo, why are you bringing in mechanical damage?
Like some people said, maybe under PRO level damage is increased to its' fullest. I find that ironic however since most of the people who demanded visual damage to be in the game are likely the ones sticking to the beginner level.

Its on the official website that all cars will suffer from mechanical damage I tried to go to the site but it is under maintenance

The official site states GT5P will be able to transfer data over to GT5.
Just saying.

Dude,

honestly

where did you get this information?

I never heard about "1,2,3 or 4"

It's quite different from the demo as there was no damage settings there. You had 3 levels of I'm assuming AI and then pro and standard physics for each.

tekken videos are already at maximum difficulty setting an damages sucks and there'is not mechanical damafe, he select A, so what are you talking about? where are higher level?

tekken videos are already at maximum difficulty setting an damages sucks and there'is not mechanical damafe, he select A, so what are you talking about? where are higher level?

My personal theory is that after all A series races are done it will be unlocked, just like pro online games and quick tune was for prologue.

It's quite different from the demo as there was no damage settings there. You had 3 levels of I'm assuming AI and then pro and standard physics for each.

Ok

Is there any hope that we gonna see the Best Buy Demo damage again?

I really hope so:)

Don't get me wrong. I DON'T WANNA CRASH CARS IN A GAME LIKE GT5.

But when I lose control and I crash into another car or hit something else on the track I want realism!

that's all.

Back