Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
True. I guess. Most likely the performance parts shop is gonna be pretty indepth, yet keep it like usual stuff, mostly in 3 parts as that is what GT kinda is known for.

Would make little sense not to be able to upgrade your brakes, as it does not make sense to have a car with 400-800hp cars with stock brakes. In real life that would be deadly, to say the least. And brake fading im going to guess is not in the game, but still. Evens the playing field pretty nice, lighter cars with big brakes should have a huge advantage over the heavy monsters on the field, example being a heavy GT-R vs a more nimble S2000 etc. But yeah, it all depends on what they had time to do with the preasure up to get it out.

Also, can't se any supercharger option, though, the evo probly would not have that as an option regardless.

Yeah, likely not. Stock turbo cars didn't have the option to SC in GT4 either.

Last edited:
RDK
more smoke fun

nrburgringnordschleife4.jpg

The smoke :drool:

Wow nice pics! Can anyone tell me how photo capture works? Looking forward to capture and share some of my own when I get the game. Is there a way to save it to your ps3 so you can save it to a flash drive or something?

lol, do you really believe this? No brakes in GT5:crazy::ouch::ouch:

and btw open your eyes!

Open my eyes to what?
I saw the video and I saw nothing to show that we could buy brakes.
I said earlier just cause we didn't see it doesn't mean its not there.

Thanks to RDK for all the great pictures but please don't spoil us now. We need to save some of the amazement for our own copies of GT5. :D

RDK, thanks again for all the pictures that you're posting, they are killing me. Can't wait to play the game.:drool:

However, two quick questions:

- The drift mode is the same as the prologue or we can do 1vs1 races as we have seen in some images or videos (FT86 vs AE86, RE-Amemiya RX7 vs S2000, etc...)
- Yesterday you have posted a picture with an RX8 and an RX7, from what you have heard, is well reproduced the sound of the cars with rotary engine?

Yeah, likely not. Stock turbo cars didn't have the option to SC in GT4 either.

In reality you can put a supercharger in any car and you can have turbo and supercharger in the same car. You might have 4 turbos(with 4 intercoolers) and 2 superchargers aswell.

@ dave_sz
Look at the tuning video (sorry forgot which one) The option for brakes is there 1-10 without race brakes we won´t be able to set it up like this.

Hopefully not

I take it you don't have android/mac phone? Because this would be awesome. I found that you could play it on pc so even if it wasn't officially for android phones some one would make the app them selfs for it and if no one does me and a few friends will.

hmm good catch.. you can't buy new brakes though which i think is the issue?

and RDK how did the lexus lfa sound???

Yes, the problem is that brakes cannot be improved.
This means that stopping power and fading cannot be improved (think of the old cars with poor brakes!).
It could also mean that brake fading is still not simulated, exactly as in all previous GTs.

When you say mac phone, I'm assuming you mean iPhones, so in theory it would also work with an iPod touch that's connected to WiFi

In reality you can put a supercharger in any car and you can have turbo and supercharger in the same car. You might have 4 turbos(with 4 intercoolers) and 2 superchargers aswell.

In reality you can do anything. Doesn't mean anything.

@ dave_sz
Look at the tuning video (sorry forgot which one) The option for brakes is there 1-10 without race brakes we won´t be able to set it up like this.

Uh, that's the brake controller. Where have you seen anything about buying upgraded brakes?

I take it you don't have android/mac phone? Because this would be awesome. I found that you could play it on pc so even if it wasn't officially for android phones some one would make the app them selfs for it and if no one does me and a few friends will.

No I have Windows Mobile, but now im running android on top of it. It would just take all my attention in school.

Omg what the heck is wrong here? The car is going over 220 mph at the end of the straightaway at Indy! Does this mean that the super draft is still in GT5? If so I think I might have to cancel my preorder. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmKyzQbYsQA&feature=player_embedded#!

No - It means you are incapable of reading.

The gauge is clearly set to kph not mph, however given that every post you have so far made seems determined to start an argument I find you lack of fact checking to be of little surprise.

A word of caution, if you are simply here to troll you will not be stopping long. If you are here to contribute then actually check what is in front of you before making posts like this.

Scaff

No - It means you are incapable of reading.

The gauge is clearly set to kph not mph, however given that every post you have so far made seems determined to start an argument I find you lack of fact checking to be of little surprise.

A word of caution, if you are simply here to troll you will not be stopping long. If you are here to contribute then actually check what is in front of you before making posts like this.

Scaff

Not defending him in anyway, but I just watched that video, and @ 3:05 in the video it's doing 360 kph = 223.6 mph and the top speed of a nascar with draft is about 200-205mph.

Edit, Just found these facts online.

1. Bill Elliott's 212.809 MPH lap at Talladega in 1987
2. Bill Elliott's 210.364 MPH lap at Daytona in 1987
3. Geoffrey Bodine's 197.478 MPH lap at Atlanta in 1997
Top speed record holders for nascar.

Last edited:
Back