Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
Well the damage situation is a deal breaker for me.
I know it's PDs first attempt in over 10 years. But who's fault is that.

Thank you RDK for your insight.

Photoshop...

5175404254_8091f3c501_b.jpg

Not going to take up space by reposting pictures but the 1080 picture was 268,274 bytes. One of the Mustang's was 103,756 bytes.

damage?

If i want damage ill play my Burnout, I want to drive and race a real car WITHOUT crashing, use my skill etc...........I dont really care for damage?

No. According to PD, it took 2 months to cause bumpers and doors to fall off. To bend metal takes another 3 months.

Plus, when GT fans complain about how bad a job PD did, PD never take it away, they IMPROVE it.

Lol at Polyphony's magic sliders that control the game engine.

Something like a damage model would definitely have "sliders". Probably in the form of number entries to be honest, but it would be something that can be edited in intensity without too much effort so they can try out various levels before settling on the most appropriate. That's in regards to the weird smudge thing at least since it's just warping the vehicle mesh, not doors falling off.

As much as I would like to see some sort of advanced deformation engine in GT5, there's really no point to it. I would far rather have a stable framerate and better graphics than a better damage system.

@midianGTX, GT5's damage system would not have its own GUI with sliders, it would be based on some engine that they bought the rights to use and would literally be entirely made up of code.

Mr.Kaz makes always the same mistake ,promising and promising to much:tdown:do you remember GT4 when he had promised damage and online mode?it's the same thing now with GT5!but for me the game looks awesome though:tup:

Well I think it sucks, but it's not a deal breaker for me though, WE MUST KNOW WHAT'S UP WITH THE PHYSICS! No pro physics anymore? I can accept lesser tracks and cars because of the awsome pro physics in GT5, the realism in the TT demo was amazing, and now I'm expecting it to be even better, at least a little bit. But now it seems like they have been thumbed down on the realism and only has Arcade physics available and this aboslutley freaks me out! Tell me this isn't true!

Oh and it wouldn't make sense to unlock more realistic physics later on in the game, I mean come on guys, be realistic...

I just wish there'd be atleast proper mechanical damage to stop people from riding the rails and such stupid stuff.

And what's with this talk about dropping pro physics?

You mean you aren't buying the game because of what you've seen in crappy Youtube videos from people who can't/won't speak very good english when asked specific questions about it ?

You mean you aren't buying the game because of what you've seen in crappy Youtube videos from people who can't/won't speak very good english when asked specific questions about it ?

Evidence is in the videos, not the posts, either way I'm far more upset by the track list than damage.

Did you guys notice that both the pic of the Mustang and the Ferrari show quite detailed undersides of the cars? I wonder if it's only for photomode/phototravel?

In tekkens roll over vid it seemed as if the underside was just 'plain'.

Lovely shots anyway, thanks for the effort!

No. According to PD, it took 2 months to cause bumpers and doors to fall off. To bend metal takes another 3 months.

Plus, when GT fans complain about how bad a job PD did, PD never take it away, they IMPROVE it.
Well, in that case, they wasted a ton of time, because TOCA RD2 had a better damage system. Hell, GT2 had a better damage system, because at least damage actually affected how the car drives!

Back