[Gran Turismo 5 @ TGS 2009] (SEE POST1!: New vids. Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 4,244 comments
Well, I better post something soon. They're 13 hours ahead compared to here in NY.

EDIT: We have till around 9pm EST.

Edit edit: You should make an announcement, Jordan. Rally up the troops and ask the people what they'd like to know about.

Here's my question,

Has the tuning system been changed? Will there be more visual changes present when users farther tunes their car. For example If the user wanted to recreate their own version of the CYBER EVO with Voltex parts and titanium exhaust system, Bride Seats, Square Craft mirrors, with 18x9.5 Volk TE37's, would this be possible? Also how does the physics change when the vehicle components have been upgraded?

• Will Race Modification return?
  • If there's a livery editor, will we be given blank race cars, or be allowed to paint over existing race cars?
  • Will there be used cars again?
  • Will there be a Season Mode for several racing leagues, and something of a Career Mode?
  • Will the WRC "season" involve mostly point to point races on actual or fantasy WRC courses?
  • Will there be any other racing leagues represented, such as DTM, ALMS, etc?
  • Will there be online tools useful for creating and supporting online racing leagues and clans?

6. Can you confirm that there will be 70 unique tracks in GT5, or are track variations included in that count?
7. Can you provide us with some examples of little details in the game that add to the sense of realism?
6. Pretty sure they made it very clear that it's 70 variations from X number of tracks from 20 locales.

I'm requesting that Jordan make an announcement on the news section or something. I'd rather everybody have a say. This is an important opportunity and I don't want my personal questions to affect the group's. I'd rather the community get their questions answered, not just mine.

I'm requesting that Jordan make an announcement on the news section or something. I'd rather everybody have a say. This is an important opportunity and I don't want my personal questions to affect the group's. I'd rather the community get their questions answered, not just mine.

Then PM him.

kazunoriene32.jpg

Figured we might need one of these, so i made one.

Damage is not entirely about driving badly.

Ayrton Senna was an awesome driver... well... he crashed at a given day
Same goes for Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Loeb, McRae, Fangio, Clark etc.

Crashing happens. I find it waaaaaay more relevant then skidmarks, 3D trees (wtf) and reverse lights.

Try to play GTR2 for example with and without damage. It's pleasant anyway, like GT is, but damage gives the game a whole new depth.

exactly Senna was the man miss that guy even though i never saw any races with him in it, wasnt old enough.

But i would rather have damage, than 3d trees, there is no point. 80% of the time you're going to be blowing by them and focusing on the line not the trees. i could see how skid marks could be important though, you screw up brake late and miss the apex, next time around you know to brake before the marks, just more in depth. Although damage is more important in my opinion

• Will tracks from previous Gran Turismo games be returning, such as Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley?
  • Will we be able to add our own music to the GT5 playlist?
  • Will we be able to save online replays? (okay, running out of ideas) :P

• Will tracks from previous Gran Turismo games be returning, such as Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley?
  • Will we be able to add our own music to the GT5 playlist?
  • Will we be able to save online replays? (okay, running out of ideas) :P

True. You've been a great contributor.

• Will there be tire blow outs and if so in what way will it effect the driver?

I personally have always wanted tire blow outs in a racing game. Driving full speed all into it tires are worn, you take a corner wayy too tight, hit some debris, BAM!, Oh ****! WTF was that?!, your tire blows out and it ruins your bumper in the process, Damnit time for the pits!

Last edited:
  • Will there be tire blow outs and if so in what way will it effect the driver?

I personally have always wanted tire blow outs in a racing game. Driving full speed all into it, you take a corner super too tight, hit some debris, BAM!, your tire blows out and it ruins your bumper in the process, oh well time for the pits.
I'm guessing it'll make you slow down or something...

and that doesn't sound fun at all.

The question which I always have in mind is this:

Will multiplayer support the custom tuning or cars? Not just the quick tune.

minicoopers.jpg

Theres decals on the rear side windows.

British flag at the top.

vynles on the back bumper, side, and on the hood.

theirs a carbon fiber side skirt, rear wing, Front lip.

as well as the numbers,

the windsheild says Granturismo,

Even if it's a tuned car, Tuned car's were Blank in gt5p Excluding the LM GT.

This has livery written all over it, not to mention it seems like a very fun car to drive.

And it's also fast as hell..

Good questions so far, mainly :) 👍

---

To conclude, my list would include:

- NA/EU/AU release date?
- Changing Time of Day for endurance races?
- Is there dynamic weather included in GT5 and how will it appear in the game?
- What have you made to improve the sounds from GT5p for GT5?
- Will you increase the interaction between PD and your fans? How?
- Will there be other officially licenced racing series in addition to WRC & NASCAR?
- Will there be livery editor and what can you tell us about it?
- Will there be dedicated servers for online racing?
- In private online rooms what options can be customized?
- Will online racing be region free?
- Are the WRC stages point to point type, just like in real life, and of how many stages will a WRC rally event consist of (min)?
- Is there point to point road courses? (like in the f458 promo video)
- What is the maximum amount of cars on track in single player mode and is there variation due to performance & gameplay reasons
- Will the cockpit steering wheel animation be 1:1 to the actual 900 degree steering wheel you're using? (!!!)
- What kind of DLC packs have you though to make? Full WRC rally events maybe? Or just cars & random tracks?
- What would be the next big thing you would like to include to the series, that you have not been yet able to do?
- What is the greatest new feature that you have included in GT5 and are proud of?
- How long will the life span of GT5 be in your eyes?
- Is multimonitor setup supported?
- Tell us about headtracking in GT5?
- Tell us about your thoughts about 3D & Gran Turismo?
- Tell us about the new physics engine. What are the elements taken into account & simulated within it?
- How you test the product before it is released? Is it only your own staff testing it, or is there a secred closed "beta" arranged?
- Will there be "official" online racing leagues run by Sony/PD?
- Is the "clutch cheat" unabled in GT5? (a button combo that enables flat shifting and therefore gives unfair advantage)

:dopey:

Last edited:
minicoopers.jpg

Theres decals on the rear side windows.

British flag at the top.

vynles on the back bumper, side, and on the hood.

theirs a carbon fiber side skirt, rear wing, Front lip.

as well as the numbers,

the windsheild says Granturismo,

Even if it's a tuned car, Tuned car's were Blank in gt5p Excluding the LM GT.

This has livery written all over it, not to mention it seems like a very fun car to drive.

And it's also fast as hell..

It seams that the MINI is bigger (it looks giant!) than the Subaru... WTF!? :dunce:

About the Mini, anyone know what it says on the starting grid list? Is it a real race car?, GT Tuned?, etc.?

But Torque, whilst it's true Tuned cars in GT5P were naked, there have been "LM" versions in past GTs where PD designed a model as a race spec. This is why I want to know what it actually says on the grid list.

Nice catch though, and sooo hope it's livery stuff.

It seams that the MINI is bigger (it looks giant!) than the Subaru... WTF!? :dunce:
It's the angle, cuz you're seeing the whole side of the mini it makes the back of the subaru look tiny, the mini and the impreza are the same height in real life otherwise.

Back