Gran Turismo 6 general Physics Discussion(as well as video)

When will the shulze GTR be opened?
It is already open. Just tried it now, 1st lap was good enough for 2nd, but my 2nd and 3rd completed lap was good enough for 1st position. Quite scruffy lap but just wanted to test how it drives. Feels quite different to GT5. I think it breaks traction probably a bit too easy though.

Saidur_Ali
It is already open. Just tried it now, 1st lap was good enough for 2nd, but my 2nd and 3rd completed lap was good enough for 1st position. Quite scruffy lap but just wanted to test how it drives. Feels quite different to GT5. I think it breaks traction probably a bit too easy though.

Oh great will give it a go

I agree that the physics feel a lot different to GT5. With the Schulze GTR, I found it under steers on turn in then very twitchy on the exit. I got gold with 2.08.2 but it was a very scruffy lap.

I agree that the physics feel a lot different to GT5. With the Schulze GTR, I found it under steers on turn in then very twitchy on the exit. I got gold with 2.08.2 but it was a very scruffy lap.

Would this help if you went back and tried it again? Keep in mind that I haven't tried the Schulze GT-R in the demo.
the (stock) GT-R in the time trial understeers when you lift off, but when you give it gas, it drives a lot smoother.

On another note, the GT-R seems like it's definitely how it should be. I didn't know it until I saw the first review of the GTR on Fifth Gear a couple of days ago, but the GT-R is an oversteering handful when pushing it. It's totally lacking that in GT5.

I have to say, the GTR feels quite good. I don't seem to get the "on-rails" feeling like most GT5 racecars. Grip feels about right.

Just tried the gtr and the schultz and i can say that they are much harder to control then gt5's 4wd. i hardly ever drove 4wd in gt5 because they were too easy which made it pretty boring. the shultz is quite easy to lose control of if not driven with care(unlike 4wds in gt5) and this is with racing tires too!!!

So maybe the fight between rwd and 4wd will be much fairer/closer in gt6

Just tried the gtr and the schultz and i can say that they are much harder to control then gt5's 4wd. i hardly ever drove 4wd in gt5 because they were too easy which made it pretty boring. the shultz is quite easy to lose control of if not driven with care(unlike 4wds in gt5) and this is with racing tires too!!!

So maybe the fight between rwd and 4wd will be much fairer/closer in gt6

The Schultz GT-R GT3 is RWD.

Really liking the feel of the Schulze. Takes some getting used to for sure. Loving it at high speeds-Copse is actually fun! Some of it may be the different lighting, much easier to see using cockpit cam.

This bodes well for GT6. The car has some personality. Enjoyed it much more than any GTA 2013 car.

Really liking the feel of the Schulze. Takes some getting used to for sure. Loving it at high speeds-Copse is actually fun! Some of it may be the different lighting, much easier to see using cockpit cam.

This bodes well for GT6. The car has some personality. Enjoyed it much more than any GTA 2013 car.

Agreed,have a gripe with 3rd gear feel it is a bit tricky weirdly ,hits the limiter super fast you have to be careful .

Well I think you don't live in Germany then, here you wouldn't get a TÜV permission with a broken ABS and thus would not be allowed to drive your car anymore.

I don't understand why it's a debate in the first place. It is incredible how different GT5 feels with ABS off, and sensible brake powers (and bias) dialled in. Obviously, I like a slightly rearward bias (in the dynamic case, when braking has effected its "weight transfer"), and most road cars have a heavily front-biased braking system (once you're braking hard, at least - it can be 50:50 for low pressures on some cars before the proportioning valve kicks in, if there is one), but the cars are so much more responsive and playful in all areas of a corner as a result.

I can go much faster with ABS on, though (except in the slowest corners, where a bit of brake-induced yaw works wonders). But then I can without the H-shifter, too. It's just more fun for me my way, and that's all that matters to me.

Saying that, the ABS in the demo is not as "perfect" as GT5's (which was marginally less perfect than GT4's). It feels closer to the way it was in GT2, although not quite (everything's very different), in that the bias is not so perfectly distributed among the wheels so as to produce understeer everywhere you brake to, and it's possible to turn the car around quite violently braking and turning (which was a bit of a shock going back to GT2! But then you embrace the drift and it all makes sense again...).

I tried the demo 370z without ABS and it felt like someone had thrown an anchor out the back.

Any turning applied, swapped me around. Very little brake movement either using a pedal btw.

Jury's out for me ATM. Without access to bias settings its impossible to tell.

Morgoth_666 managed to get into 2:20 or 2:21 without ABS on the Tuned 370z full lap, and he's using wheel/pedal - G27 I presume. JohnyPenso also did similar time with G27 ( no mods ) - without ABS, I am a bit slower than Johnypenso - same deal but with a stick.

Definitely felt better than in GT5 with the same 5/5 BB.

I tried the demo 370z without ABS and it felt like someone had thrown an anchor out the back.

Any turning applied, swapped me around. Very little brake movement either using a pedal btw.

Jury's out for me ATM. Without access to bias settings its impossible to tell.
Braking is still as unrealistic as GT5. I hope they have more things planned for physics still for GT6 PS3, a complete rework for PS4 is a must.

Morgoth_666 managed to get into 2:20 or 2:21 without ABS on the Tuned 370z full lap, and he's using wheel/pedal - G27 I presume. JohnyPenso also did similar time with G27 ( no mods ) - without ABS, I am a bit slower than Johnypenso - same deal but with a stick.

I did a low 2:18 with no ABS but only tried a few laps so never got adjusted to it. I'm sure someone like Ti-tech85 would have been able to get into 2:16s with no ABS though. There is too much instability and need to balance car with throttle a lot similar to GT5.

Yeah, I don't know how you guys could drive like that. I tried for 15-20 minute then gave up in frustration. Barely any pedal pressure and I'd be nearly out of control. Looks like adjustable B/B could have been made available but I guess it's considered "tuning".

Braking is still as unrealistic as GT5. I hope they have more things planned for physics still for GT6 PS3, a complete rework for PS4 is a must.

I did a low 2:18 with no ABS but only tried a few laps so never got adjusted to it. I'm sure someone like Ti-tech85 would have been able to get into 2:16s with no ABS though. There is too much instability and need to balance car with throttle a lot similar to GT5.

What I felt with a stick is that in the GTA, when modulating the brakes, I can generally sense better feedback from front/rear tires when starting to lock up, sometimes one of the rear/front tires locks first - in general I can feel the tires actually struggling for grip deep into the apex on hard braking. Very rare to happen in GT5 - only when trail braking deep into the apex and I am scrambling for last ounce of tire grip - then again GT5 felt more sterile when it happens :)

Yeah, I don't know how you guys could drive like that. I tried for 15-20 minute then gave up in frustration. Barely any pedal pressure and I'd be nearly out of control. Looks like adjustable B/B could have been made available but I guess it's considered "tuning".

It may have to do with input device as well as simple matter of practice and getting used to it :)

I am playing Ferrari The Race Experience for a few hours ( just bought it couple of days ago ) - disabled all aids - TCS, Stability Control, ABS, the buttons on my stick controller needs twice more pressure than in GT5 :scared:, insane really, I have to press until my thumb sore to brake or gas effectively which hinder my lap time a lot. I found myself struggling to say on the track with Ferrari 288 GTO - especially at Silverstone in wet and this is from someone who have played GT5 with no ABS since release day :(

While the physics have improved there are still too many problems.

First of all you can slide all you want and hold a good amount of speed. You should be scrubbing speed when you're sliding like that. This is incorrect and really, really needs to be fixed.

Second of all no torque steer. Floor the accelerator on a RWD car and it should be tail happy. Instead it accelerates in a perfectly straight line. Things like this must be fixed. It's silly to call a game a sim when it can't model these things accurately.

Back