Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics Are Not Entirely Going Well

• Thread starter Famine
  • 398 comments
Do you guys know how to get these buggy settings cars to be in race?
As mine just have exclamation mark on PP and won't allow me to get into custom race.
It's a shame that PD took this bug fast and personally as it's completely harmless and doesn't give anyone unfair advantage in races.
Of all the bugs they want to get fixed it's this one people loves.

Anyone here wonders what this looks like in VR?

I wondered... but was not at all brave enough to purposely make myself sick trying!
I was just thinking this earlier today. The comedy overshadows the catastrophe PD delivered here. Good for them.
I don't think a glitch that requires purposely screwing up and maxing settings in strange ways can be considered a "catastrophe", especially when most of us are finding the update to be very good.

I think most games can be broken if people actively seek to do so.

I don't think a glitch that requires purposely screwing up and maxing settings in strange ways can be considered a "catastrophe", especially when most of us are finding the update to be very good.

I think most games can be broken if people actively seek to do so.

I don’t think PD agrees with you. This mishap goes against everything they stand for.

Does anyone remember the days of Hybrids in GT3 and @Famine's videos on his site (which I can't seem to find now)?

Has anyone attempted to get footage of a yellow Civic bouncing around Laguna Seca and set it to "Big Bad Moon"?

full

full

This is brilliant fun, please don't patch it..hahaha

Does anyone remember the days of Hybrids in GT3 and @Famine's videos on his site (which I can't seem to find now)?

Has anyone attempted to get footage of a yellow Civic bouncing around Laguna Seca and set it to "Big Bad Moon"?
Post 15 of this very thread.

Post 15 of this very thread.
Ah, thanks! I had a feeling it would be in here, but no wonder my search terms didn't work.

After all these years I wonder how much the physics system has in common with the older games. I can't tell if the phenomenon here is at all similar to that. Seems like the current bug is an issue with tire-ground collisions, whereas in GT3 it was an effect of super soft suspension.

Edit: I just realized I misremembered the video, because after I saw it all that time ago, I had done the same with a Spoon Civic just on my own, never recorded it or anything. I wonder if that replay still exists on an old memory card somewhere...

Last edited:
Do you guys know how to get these buggy settings cars to be in race?
As mine just have exclamation mark on PP and won't allow me to get into custom race.
It's a shame that PD took this bug fast and personally as it's completely harmless and doesn't give anyone unfair advantage in races.
Of all the bugs they want to get fixed it's this one people loves.

Poliphony definitely got lucky with this: people are seeing it as funny.
These 2 posts back to back are hilarious.

Strange thing to say on a forum dedicated to Gran Turismo.
You‘re right, it’s the internet, so why get into a fight over a bleeding video game?

Mate I clearly stated more than once what I like and dislike about the recent update. Minus all the drama.

I have a completely stock RCR Civic and when the car is under compression or load at the front axle, the steering just locks up and you go straight. I'm turning left the entire time during the compression but nothing happens until I let go of the brakes. Happened to me at Trial Mountain and I've never had this issue before. New physics engine is borked

Last edited:
I'm not convinced the glitch is harmless, nor that it is only manifesting in deliberately manipulated scenarios.

I did the Gallardo weekly challenge yesterday. The front wheel of the green AI car in front of me was bouncing up and down at very high frequency through the second corner, like a car with a broken damper (I haven't seen that on the road for over 30 years now, come to think of it). The AI driver reacted by driving really slowly. One corner later, the matt black / grey Gallardo, also while still on the track, was glitching sideways also at high frequency, while holding the steering at a crazy angle as the AI driver reacted. He was crabbing sideways in a very odd way. Both away from the apex then back towards it. The AI also slowed down a lot in reaction. My own steering wheel, in VR view, glitched a few times instantly jumping to maximum lock and back again. I was in a showroom fresh Gallardo, no tuning or mods. It was hard to tell if the steering glitch was doing something at the front wheels because since the patch I have found the transition from grip to sliding much more jumpy than before, almost like having a slow screen refresh rate. With understeer, instead of smoothly starting to move off line, the car often now just jumps sideways a couple of feet. Not all the time, often it's progressive, but quite regularly it is jerky. Most of the time the wheel turning in view was smooth and normal. I didn't save the replay, unfortunately. I crashed out (all my own work, I think) and restarted the race and had no problems on my final run.

The Jimnys on Eiger are ridiculous, lifting their back wheels off the ground under braking. My own Jimny was doing it too, on standard suspension and tyres.

Others are reporting sudden and unexpected snap oversteer, understeer and cars veering left or right all of a sudden. One noted that in the replay he could see his back wheels bouncing at high frequency at that point in his replay.

It's not frequent, but I think the glitch is showing itself all over the place and that is why reaction to the patch is so divided. Some are getting glitched in ways that are subtle enough that it doesn't feel obviously glitching, just feels like a bad or crude physics model. Others aren't getting glitched and are feeling only an improved model.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced the glitch is harmless, nor that it is only manifesting in deliberately manipulated scenarios.

I did the Gallardo weekly challenge yesterday. The front wheel of the green AI car in front of me was bouncing up and down at very high frequency through the second corner, like a car with a broken damper (I haven't seen that on the road for over 30 years now, come to think of it). The AI driver reacted by driving really slowly. One corner later, the matt black / grey Gallardo, also while still on the track, was glitching sideways also at high frequency, while holding the steering at a crazy angle as the AI driver reacted. The AI also slowed down a lot in reaction. My own steering wheel, in VR view, glitched a few times instantly jumping to maximum lock and back again. I was in a showroom fresh Gallardo, no tuning or models. It was hard to tell if the steering glitch was doing something at the front wheels because since the patch I have found the transition from grip to sliding much more jumpy than before, almost like having a slow screen refresh rate. With understeer, instead of smoothly starting to move off line, the car often now just jumps sideways a couple of feet. Not all the time, often it's progressive, but quite regularly it is jerky. Most of the time the wheel turning in view was smooth and normal. I didn't save the replay, unfortunately. I crashed out (all my own work, I think) and restarted the race and had no problems on my final run.

The Jimnys on Eiger are ridiculous, lifting their back wheels off the ground under braking. My own Jimny was doing it too, on standard suspension and tyres.

Others are reporting sudden and unexpected snap oversteer, understeer and cars veering left or right all of a sudden. One noted that in the replay he could see his back wheels bouncing at high frequency at that point in his replay.

It's not frequent, but I think the glitch is showing itself all over the place and that is why reaction to the patch is so divided. Some are getting glitched in ways that are subtle enough that it doesn't feel obviously glitching, just feels like a bad or crude physics model. Others aren't getting glitched and are feeling only an improved model.
I was wondering the same thing, and was thinking is my problems with Gallardo i wrote in other thread has anything to do with this glitch. Below I am putting quote of my post about Gallardo being broken with some video proofs.

Yes. It seems it is some kind of problem with better suspension, but on stock suspension this problem happens also but is less extreme than on modified one.

I manage to capture a video of the problem (fully modified gallardo race suspension race hard tires)

Notice the steering wheel animation but it actually disrupts my input! It happens only in gallardo as a benchmark here is a video of 430 scuderia (stock)

This kills Gallardo usebility for me.

Last edited:

I did the Gallardo weekly challenge yesterday. The front wheel of the green AI car in front of me was bouncing up and down at very high frequency through the second corner, like a car with a broken damper (I haven't seen that on the road for over 30 years now, come to think of it). The AI driver reacted by driving really slowly. One corner later, the matt black / grey Gallardo, also while still on the track, was glitching sideways also at high frequency, while holding the steering at a crazy angle as the AI driver reacted. He was crabbing sideways in a very odd way. Both away from the apex then back towards it. The AI also slowed down a lot in reaction. My own steering wheel, in VR view, glitched a few times instantly jumping to maximum lock and back again. I was in a showroom fresh Gallardo, no tuning or mods. It was hard to tell if the steering glitch was doing something at the front wheels because since the patch I have found the transition from grip to sliding much more jumpy than before, almost like having a slow screen refresh rate. With understeer, instead of smoothly starting to move off line, the car often now just jumps sideways a couple of feet. Not all the time, often it's progressive, but quite regularly it is jerky. Most of the time the wheel turning in view was smooth and normal. I didn't save the replay, unfortunately. I crashed out (all my own work, I think) and restarted the race and had no problems on my final run.

Must be some truth to this, given the absolutely massive range of opinions on these physics. I did the Jimny Cup race at Eiger myself and saw/felt nothing odd or unusual at all!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back