Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
SmartSelect_20230629_081916_Gallery.jpg

PS5 1.183 GB

Last edited:
Two things I really like in that changelog:

• Rewards for Manufacturers Cup standings (and further seasons) is a nice unexpected bonus.
  • The pits telling you what tyres you still need to run is a great QoL addition and should hopefully stop the "why did I get a one minute penalty" posts.

Last edited:
no, i want different events and championships for all type of cars and with different rules and in different conditions.
It's what we have been asking for a whole year already, but look at the new update:
  ・Fisherman's Ranch
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Circuit de Sainte-Croix
   - Hypercar Parade
  ・Red Bull Ring
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Autopolis
   - World Touring Cars 800

If I have to guess, another set of events with 2, 5, 5 and 10 laps. To PD, this is "different events for all type of cars with different rules and in different conditions".

Also, while i'm already talking **** about the new update, did they really had to fix this:
- We fixed an issue in Custom Race in which loading saved race settings that included cars prohibited from racing in dirt would allow said cars to be used on Dirt tracks.
Seriously? How about fixing the damn AI using 95% throttle...

"9. Controllers
 - Adjusted the steering sensitivity of the left stick and directional buttons when using a wireless controller."

Hopefully that has dramatically reduced the input smoothing so our steering is a bit quicker (at the moment it's a third of the speed of the wheel users). It's a shame there is no mention of adjustments to the throttle, if you want to match the acceleration of wheel users at the race start for now you have to cheat the system with the pause menu.

The one thing I noticed about this update thread is that for a forum dedicated to Gran turmiso there a lot of people whining about Grant turismo? We dont car that you are going to delete the game, or that you never purchased it because blah balh. The game is amazing, and the FREE updates are like no other franchise. Cant wait to slap on the VR and pretend I own the Valkyrie!

If you start normally it takes a few tenths for the throttle to reach 100%, it doesn't sound a lot but on some tracks that is enough for the car behind to pass. If the game is paused when the lights go out it goes to 100% immediately like the wheels get.

Very funny that they could not revert back to giving Nations Cup drivers rewards too 😒. Well I guess I only get rewards from TGR GT Cup then, haven't done manufacturer series races in ages. But with this addition might start to do some manu again next season, reason I hadn't done these is due to lack of pace and unwillingness to lower DR. I have the same issue in the dailies. But yet when I did gr4 and gr3 races in TGR GT Cup and Nations, my pace is just fine 🤔.

Anyways a very decent sortment of engine swaps, I just knew it was a good idea to buy multiple versions of both R32 GTR's. For once the race additions have some creativity. What we still really need is a gr1 race at Le Mans and at least 2 more races at Bathurst. Also those Human Comedy 1 hr races should pay every time you win.

Those annoyed with us not getting a new track, I think we might get one in August around the Amsterdam live event, and I think we might see the new track used at the event too. Don't take my words for granted, but yeah it has been a while and they have done this before with e.g. Watkins Glen.

Last edited:
The one thing I noticed about this update thread is that for a forum dedicated to Gran turmiso there a lot of people whining about Grant turismo? We dont car that you are going to delete the game, or that you never purchased it because blah balh. The game is amazing, and the FREE updates are like no other franchise. Cant wait to slap on the VR and pretend I own the Valkyrie!
Honestly I think if you own VR2, you have an entirely different view now of this game. Not gonna lie, I had switched almost entirely to ACC for months. VR made me come back and haven’t touched ACC since. But if ACC and F1 2023 were offered in VR right now, not sure how much I’d be doing GT7. Surely some of the time but definitely not almost exclusively as I am actually doing. Damn VR has made me spend a few hundred bucks of real money on credits just because that’s how bad I’ve wanted to drive so many different cars. On flatscreen I was fine to basically stick to a handful of cars I liked and not give a crap about having tons of different ones.

"9. Controllers
 - Adjusted the steering sensitivity of the left stick and directional buttons when using a wireless controller."

Hopefully that has dramatically reduced the input smoothing so our steering is a bit quicker (at the moment it's a third of the speed of the wheel users). It's a shame there is no mention of adjustments to the throttle, if you want to match the acceleration of wheel users at the race start for now you have to cheat the system with the pause menu.
I'm not sure it's quite like that.

As a wheel user it takes a lot more effort, motion and rotation than 1cm of movement on the stick.

I get the smoothing the controller has but it's relative to the speed of the input.

So largely it's probably about the same as it takes wheel users.

Where the difference is (for me) is the fidelity I get with a wheel as it's way more manageable and adjustable just by the sheer range of motion available. Couple that with FFB and it can be a big difference.

Also wheel motion can exceed the hud indicated maximums left and right, I'm not sure but I don't think controllers can go beyond the left and right edges?

It's just not the time of whining anymore. It doesn't mean everybody agrees it is a good game because it's just not.
We are over a year after launch and we just accepted the game as it is now, it won't get any better because the problems are at the roots, the initial design decisions.
Over this time all we have is new races and one set of missions, which by the way set us up again for disappointment because we have not seen any more of it.
Whining is just worthless now, all we can hope is that the next game will be designed by people who actually play videogames and knows the meaning of 'fun'.

New WTC... Im in.
Autopolis is a track with variable weather, so if I have to guess, it's probably similar to what we have in Fuji WTC 800.
Fuji is a bit easier to win on Hard difficulty, but at Autopolis things might be different. I did some SuperGT Custom Races in this track with rain and the AI is actually pretty fast.

Autopolis is a track with variable weather, so if I have to guess, it's probably similar to what we have in Fuji WTC 800.
Fuji is a bit easier to win on Hard difficulty, but at Autopolis things might be different. I did some SuperGT Custom Races in this track with rain and the AI is actually pretty fast.
Just a new WTC is all i want... As you say, dynamic weather. Curious to see how long the race is but im guessing something between 10-15 laps.

Last edited:
Hey anyone getting a weird glitch in Drift music rally? When I'm about to end the race, the title of the song covers the entire screen when I'm about to do the last curve, I can hear the car crashing and the rally doesn't end.

Last edited:
Hey anyone getting a weird glitch in Drift music rally? When I'm about to end the race, the title of the song covers the entire screen when I'm about to do the last curve, preventing me from finish the race.
I didn't have any problems. (PS4 Pro).

Latest Posts

Back