Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
Damn I forgot it's that time of the month again...

I have to uninstall a full game like Battlefront 2 or Modern Warfare 2 so that I can make space for the GT7 update and let it rebuild the entire game.
And then I can re-install the other game.

500GB PS4 logic.

Thank God I have fiber now

IMG_20230629_094319~2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm not sure it's quite like that.

As a wheel user it takes a lot more effort, motion and rotation than 1cm of movement on the stick.

I get the smoothing the controller has but it's relative to the speed of the input.

So largely it's probably about the same as it takes wheel users.

Where the difference is (for me) is the fidelity I get with a wheel as it's way more manageable and adjustable just by the sheer range of motion available. Couple that with FFB and it can be a big difference.

Also wheel motion can exceed the hud indicated maximums left and right, I'm not sure but I don't think controllers can go beyond the left and right edges?
You're right about the wheel user having to rotate the wheel more than a controller player moving a stick, in theory a analogue stick could go from full input one way to the other instantly. Obviously that would be ridiculously twitchy so some smoothing is needed but it's far too much. Ideally they would make it so on maximum sensitivity the steering time is about the same for both, it used to be a lot closer on GT Sport.

These aren't my numbers but one of the fastest pad players on the game comparing their inputs to one of the faster A+ streamers in Gr3 cars at the Spa chicane, where you're going from full lock right to full lock left straight away, on controller it takes him 75 frames and the wheel user 27 frames. You notice it most in these slow corners and when driving high downforce cars where you're making more aggressive steering inputs.

Controller users can't go beyond fill lock on the bar at the bottom of the HUD, on some of the faster corners it won't even let you get past about 3 quarters 💀

The Valkyrie is cool… but ANOTHER Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Lancer? I get those are popular cars that have a huge following irl, but did the game really need 2 more slightly different variations of cars that already have a few slightly variations available?
Yes.
Extended @Famine
Giving people a chance to enjoy Music Rally for more time

The extended server maintenance notice page @05XR8 posted is gone (edit, it's gone only from the US/Canada version of the GT site; other English-speaking regions still have it, as well as the Western Hemisphere Spanish and Portugese versions), while the original server notice has been changed to an end time of 5 am EDT (which, if my up-too-early brain figured it right, makes it 0900 UTC).

Last edited:
Would love to see the analytics of how many players did the music rally events - what on earth made them think 'yes, this is what players want'

It's like they are actively trying to test the patience of fans of what GT used to be...
Nowadays developers and publishers will waste their time on such mundane crap.

Music rally rather than looking into inspiration from past racing games to innovate.

Look at Project Cars 2 and Toca Race Driver 3 look at all the features these games had.

But Nah the players Want Music Rally dont be surprised if PD announces a deal with Barbie 🤬

Last edited:
Would be really ironic if it's the bugged Music Rally that's causing the delay.
Could be that, could be the first car being added to both the UCD and Brand Central, could be something completely unrelated to either. The odds of us knowing which are not good.

I'll be back in a few hours. Hopefully the new estimated time will hold.
Price info:

I'm surprised the Impreza is so "cheap", but I did call the 6-figure Evo. I'm guessing Brand Central-only car pricing isn't available to whatever our friendly neighborhood wizards have access to.

The Valkyrie is cool… but ANOTHER Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Lancer? I get those are popular cars that have a huge following irl, but did the game really need 2 more slightly different variations of cars that already have a few slightly variations available?
Slightly different? The Impreza is a whole different generation to the ones included since launch. Maybe you would have a point if the bug eye or hawk eye gets added next. Even then I’d say they would be worthwhile, as these cars have so much history with Gran Turismo. Same goes for Lancer, and the Evolution III represents the final version with the original design.

I did a couple of music rallies couple minutes ago and it just reset for me. Did not turn off PS5 or GT7..

Car Prices:
  • Aston Martin Valkyrie ‘21 - 4,000,000 Cr.
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ‘95 - 100,000 Cr.
  • Subaru Imprexa Sedan WRX STi ‘04 - 42,000 Cr. (UCD)/50,000 Cr. (Brand Central)
Events:

Fisherman's Ranch
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 (1 lap) - 30,000 Cr.
Circuit de Sainte-Croix
  • Hypercar Parade (Layout C, 3 laps) - 90,000 Cr.
Red Bull Ring
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 (Full Course, 3 laps) - 45,000 Cr.
Autopolis
  • World Touring Car 800 (Full Course, 10 laps) - 160,000 Cr.

Extra Menu Prize:
  • Subaru WRX: 4-star Roulette Ticket
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: 4-star Roulette Ticket

Last edited:
Hey anyone getting a weird glitch in Drift music rally? When I'm about to end the race, the title of the song covers the entire screen when I'm about to do the last curve, I can hear the car crashing and the rally doesn't end.

You can't do anything past the VW music rally now. Likely that why the maintenance is extended.

Edit: Servers came back as I was typing this.

Last edited:
Car Prices:
  • Subaru Imprexa Sedan WRX STi ‘04 - 42,000 Cr. (UCD)/50,000 Cr. (Brand Central)
Events:

Fisherman's Ranch
Circuit de Sainte-Croix
  • Hypercar Parade (Layout C, 3 laps) - 90,000 Cr.
Red Bull Ring
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 (Full Course, 3 laps) - 45,000 Cr.
Autopolis
  • World Touring Car 800 (Full Course, 10 laps) - 160,000 Cr.

Extra Menu Prize:
  • Subaru WRX: 4-star Roulette Ticket
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: 4-star Roulette Ticket
What an absolute joke... Those payouts are terrible...

Car Prices:
Events:

Fisherman's Ranch
Neat ! Only 138 races at new fisherman's ranch to pay for the new cars. High payout events again 🤣

Going to stockpile Imprezas and Evos for future ideas at those prices. Still waiting for the cars added last month to come back into the UCD after missing them and not taking the risk again.

What an absolute joke... Those payouts are terrible...
I quote! They put a 20 minute plus event at autopolis that is worth 240M credits. This is gonna be 4 one and done events. If they add a 550 pp events with a 300M payout, let’s say 15-18 minutes to complete it will revive the offline game.

Hmmmm anybody knows which newly updated " Thirteen "Real Car Paint" colors " are?

Thankyou!
The new paint colors are:

Monza Red (Jaguar)
Inka (BMW)
AMG GT3 EVO '20 Orange (Mercedes-Benz)
Silverstone Green (Jaguar)
Verde Muschio (Alfa Romeo)
Verde Pino (Alfa Romeo)
Bluetee (Alfa Romeo)
LeMans Blue (Jaguar)
Blu Colbalto (Alfa Romeo)
Azzurro Spazio (Alfa Romeo)