Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
GTD Pro & GTD class in IMSA are all GT3 cars. The SRO (GT World Challenge) has been racing GT3 machinery in the US for quite a while now.
I saw that comment and was like, what? Not sure how much more ingrained in pro sports car racing GT3 could be at this point LOL

GTD Pro & GTD class in IMSA are all GT3 cars. The SRO (GT World Challenge) has been racing GT3 machinery in the US for quite a while now.
Technically GT3 conformity doesn't happen until 2024 when Corvette switches. Porsche didn't switch until the current 2023 season, and Ferrari dropped out of IMSA completely after 2021. The 488 GTE still runs in WEC as well.

What does this say? It says I race the big ticket events and leave all the piddly stuff behind. A smart thing PD could do is to change up the big pay out races every update. Just have it be random.
Yup. This is what GT7 should have had for "seasonal events" instead of the one and done special races that's come around three times since the game released.

Technically GT3 conformity doesn't happen until 2024 when Corvette switches. Porsche didn't switch until the current 2023 season, and Ferrari dropped out of IMSA completely after 2021. The 488 GTE still runs in WEC as well.
I'm not looking to have a big argument over hairsplitting LOL. It's just that saying GT3 hasn't really proliferated in the US isn't accurate.
Also, there are a several Ferrari 296 GT3 cars running in IMSA as we speak.

When did anyone from PD or Sony even imply that the Pike's Peak course was coming to GT7?
Dunno, but saw the race on youtube today and gt7 is a sponsor. /boggle

That said…a one way 7-10min race doesn’t seem like a good use of resources considering the time it takes and lack of online value.

When did anyone from PD or Sony even imply that the Pike's Peak course was coming to GT7?
They never really said it would, but paying for the exclusive license suggests they plan to, and of course people are hoping for that exclusive license to be put to use instead of the road just disappearing from video games for years.

There's nothing exciting in new cars or circuits. Because on average, you get 3 - 5 lap races.

What we need is proper endurance events, and proper 10 - 20 lap events on each circuit featuring many car categories. My LMP1 cars and GR2 cars are nothing but garage queens.

One and a half years after launch, GT 7 is still the same, under developed, horrible A1, horrible payout, and a con game. I have never recommended GT 7 to anyone, unless they really fix it.

They never really said it would, but paying for the exclusive license suggests they plan to, and of course people are hoping for that exclusive license to be put to use instead of the road just disappearing from video games for years.
Dunno, but saw the race on youtube today and gt7 is a sponsor. /boggle

Gran Turismo has been a sponsor of Pikes Peak since November 2014. Did you presume the track would also appear in GT Sport? Were you surprised when it didn't?

Here's some other things PD/Gran Turismo Sponsors:
-D1GP since 2008. Would have been reasonable to assume this was coming to 5, 6, Sport, or 7? No.
-Race of Champions in 2004. Would it have been reasonable to assume to assume this was coming in 4, 5, 6, Sport, or 7? No.
-An assortment of racing teams and cars that have never been featured in the game.

As has been said a hundred times before, sponsorships have zero correlation of what comes to the game. It's almost like you're being purposefully dense.

Gran Turismo has been a sponsor of Pikes Peak since November 2014. Did you presume the track would also appear in GT Sport? Were you surprised when it didn't?

Here's some other things PD/Gran Turismo Sponsors:
-D1GP since 2008. Would have been reasonable to assume this was coming to 5, 6, Sport, or 7? No.
-Race of Champions in 2004. Would it have been reasonable to assume to assume this was coming in 4, 5, 6, Sport, or 7? No.
-An assortment of racing teams and cars that have never been featured in the game.

As has been said a hundred times before, sponsorships have zero correlation of what comes to the game. It's almost like you're being purposefully dense.
THANK YOU

Considering Gran Turismo doesn't just sponsor Pikes Peak but holds the exclusive license for it, the expectation was certainly there.

1687834707430.png

1687834621714.png

Considering Gran Turismo doesn't just sponsor Pikes Peak but holds the exclusive license for it, the expectation was certainly there.
Neither of those articles you quoted/linked say anything about a specific game the track is coming to. In fact, the first one specifically says the opposite - to not expect it to come in any particular game. The second article is pure speculation by the author (as many articles are), not a statement by a developer.

I applaud how much effort you put into reinforcing my point for me, though. Not only copy/pasting, but screen-shotting and then cropping the images. Impressive. Thank you.

Nothing update this. No fix for the races to not be catch the rabbit borefests, no new races for multiple classes of car, no fix to create true championships, no fix for the rotten AI... Yeah, won't be reinstalling for this, no way

Last edited:
I have expressed this opinion multiple times people need to shut the ******* about more endurance STYLE races. Gran Turismo did not become a well established franchise by having endurance Races. They were bonuses at the end of the game for those dedicated racers . This game needs proper sprint races and hundreds of them. Ideally each track should have one 2-3 hour enduro to complete and the 24-hour courses should obviously have 24-hour endurance races. What has made this game and Gran Turismo sport to an extent bad for me is the fact that there are many five to 10 lap events which all have accelerated the tire wear or fuel consumption to FAKE an endurance event. These events are incredibly boring as they become formulaic and monotonous as the only way to win id by having to pit once or twice ( making a good chunk of the % of the race refueling) and there is no actual racing involved , just well calculated fuel stops . Sprint races are fun as demonstrated by the excellent Chili Pepper races which many will argue are the best races we have had since Gran Turismo 3 but polyphony caved into that half-ass give me endurance crowd and put half-assed endurance events. You either do proper endurance or sprint races but this in between garbage is what's ruining this game . An example is rolling starts are a symptom of endurance races . Rolling starts don't really affect the game in a two to three hour endurance race but completely ruin the experience of any Sprint race or even any race with under 10 laps as you will play the first three to four laps in a track just catching up to first place and the second half of the race is literally just maintaining your lead which is incredibly boring and provides for boring racing. When I See ten laps of Kyoto I see 15-20 mins where 10 of those mins will be me driving alone in first. Id rather have two laps where that first place is hard fought .. Or a proper 200 lap enduro with brutal AI and dynamic weather . This game has both but most events are in between ****.

Neither of those articles you quoted/linked say anything about a specific game the track is coming to. In fact, the first one specifically says the opposite - to not expect it to come in any particular game. The second article is pure speculation by the author (as many articles are), not a statement by a developer.

I applaud how much effort you put into reinforcing my point for me, though. Not only copy/pasting, but screen-shotting and then cropping the images. Impressive. Thank you.
Kaz's statement of "we want to put it in the game" was given in the context of GT Sport. It implies that he himself, at some level, expected to make use of the exclusive license PD holds to this day.

And more recently (a month ahead of GT7's launch), PD teased that a Tesla Model 3 will be "provided in a future update". The car they used for the teaser was the car that raced at Pikes Peak. The car that GT sponsored.

To claim that expectations of Pikes Peak's return to GT are not reasonable is to be "purposefully dense". It's more reasonable to expect something based on GT/PD/Sony's active involvement/partnership than something they've shown no interest in (like expecting demolition derby in an update for instance).

Whether those expectations will resolve to anything other than disappointment is another matter. Just another quirk of the GT experience.

Last edited:
Kaz's statement of "we want to put it in the game" was given in the context of GT Sport. It implies that he himself, at some level, expected to make use of the exclusive license PD holds to this day.
Way to completely ignore the second part of the quote from Kaz, "When we'll actually achieve that, I don't know." It could have been intended for GTS, then maybe a backburner project for GT7, but we won't actually see it until GT25. There is no logical reason to assume that it's going to come to GT7 at any point in time.

And more recently (a month ahead of GT7's launch), PD teased that a Tesla Model 3 will be "provided in a future update". The car they used for the teaser was the car that raced at Pikes Peak. The car that GT sponsored.
"A future update" could be GT12, for all you know. Please show me where PD stated definitively that such car will be coming to a future update for GT7.

To claim that expectations of Pikes Peak's return to GT are not reasonable is to be "purposefully dense". It's more reasonable to expect something based on GT/PD/Sony's active involvement/partnership than something they've shown no interest in (like expecting demolition derby in an update for instance).
I never said that expecting Pikes Peak to return to GT at any point in time would be unreasonable. I said it's unreasonable to expect it to be coming to GT7, because there has been no indication whatsoever of that happening. Sure, on a long enough timeline, anything is possible....but to expect it to definitely be coming to the current game is absolutely unreasonable.

I'll give you that, it is probably more likely than a demolition derby mode. But that does not elevate it to the realm of "reasonable expectation."

"A future update" could be GT12, for all you know. Please show me where PD stated definitively that such car will be coming to a future update for GT7.
image-1-13.jpg

I don't recall PD ever referring to successive GT games as "updates".
I never said that expecting Pikes Peak to return to GT at any point in time would be unreasonable. I said it's unreasonable to expect it to be coming to GT7, because there has been no indication whatsoever of that happening.
GT7 is the current game that PD is supporting with post launch content. It's the only actively supported GT game that people can play. Of course people would expect, or rather hope, to see Pikes Peak in GT7.

There's little indication of PD doing anything because they're not in the business of communication. Of course people would jump at every crumb (like the Pikes Peak logo on that specific Model 3 they used to shoot the GT7 promo).

Last edited:
There's also all of your other BS about Pikes Peak that needs addressing. Or did you just (wisely) give up your delusion on that front?
I don't expect Pikes Peak to be added in a normal update. It is just too different of a track and race format compared to the rest of the game and PD just isn't that flexible.

At the same time, I don't go around dismissing people who are expecting it as unreasonable.

If it wasn't for that period...had it been a semi-colon, or even a comma, you may have had a case. Sorry, try again.

There's also all of your other BS about Pikes Peak that needs addressing. Or did you just (wisely) give up your delusion on that front?

image-1-13.jpg

I don't recall PD ever referring to successive GT games as "updates".

GT7 is the current game that PD is supporting with post launch content. It's the only actively supported GT game that people can play. Of course people would expect, or rather hope, to see Pikes Peak in GT7.

There's little indication of PD doing anything because they're not in the business of communication. Of course people would jump at every crumb (like the Pikes Peak logo on that specific Model 3 they used to shoot the GT7 promo).
Some people just want to argue, you are being baited and slandered, and still you are polite,....the other party?, not so much :banghead:

I'm choosing to think that instead of being deliberately argumentative, this person simply doesn't understand context or inference.

Their point is valid that it's futile to expect anything concrete from PD. But where's the fun in that?
Oh, I do understand. I have a BA in Philosophy with a specialty in semantic logic. It is you who does not properly understand causality and implication.

The "fun" in posting realistic expectations is so that others, who may not have done all of the research that you and I have, don't see it and presume that things are definitely coming to the game. Betterment of society, and all that jazz.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back