Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
Famine definitely knows something
fawlty-towers.gif

I think GT7 just isn't that good at capturing "extreme" or "wild" engine sounds (for example, the aforementioned FXX-K, or Zonda R). The only example I can think of that's captured perfectly is the Rampage V8.

In all honesty, it makes me a little worried for when the LFA drops. The absolute biggest appeal of that car is its sound, so if they get that wrong it's gonna get ditched within the week just like people said it would.
Have to say, the 787B is pretty good sound wise. OK it's not as overwhelmingly loud as it is in real life, but that's due to it being balanced and being a game. It does, however, drown out a lot of other cars when driving lol.

You do know the update isn't out yet? No one knows what's in it other than the 3 cars.
Your points may end up being correct, but it's a bit early for all the doom posts. There'll be enough on Thursday.
You raise a fair point, given PD's track record, I'd be surprised if I were wrong on all of them.. We shall see

How about adding the top lights? We’ve got just all these cars.
View attachment 1268521
Only car missing ingame from that list is the B4 Legacy, and the 3000GT in the pic is the newer, non-pop lights version. :P

As much as I would love to see different kinds of lightbars added to the game, I would first want the current safety car lights work like the hazard lights on all cars: off/not flashing by default, but press a button and hey presto, you got lights.

The constant flashing is distracting at night, and everybody wants you to chase them, even if you just wanna cruise around in a car that is clearly marked as a safety car, not police. Yes, I'm driving in chase cam.

After that, bring them on. PD already has the M4 lightbar copied on to the Megane, but in blue, so I think it wouldn't be that hard to make available to other cars aswell.

Curiously thou, they removed the amber version of the Megane lightbar that was available in GTSport, but made red lights available in the GT-R lightbar.

If only we could get either the M4 lightbar or GT-R lightbar available in multiple different colours in the GT Auto, along with permanently white front and rear fascia flashers from the GT-R.

Piping dreams, I know... :indiff:

Last edited:
While i agree zonda r and fxxk is not as good as they could be sound wise they are plenty v12 super/hyper cars that still sound quite good like
aston Martin one77
aston Martin vulcan
ferrari enzo
ferrari f12 berlinetta
ferrari laferrari
lamborghini murcielago lp640
lamborghini aventador sv

porsche carrera gt is not perfect but still quite good

i am excited for valkyrie, wonder if it actully can be upgraded
we have to wait and se how it actully sound, but considering vulcan sounds good the chances are still good

While i agree zonda r and fxxk is not as good as they could be sound wise they are plenty v12 super/hyper cars that still sound quite good like
aston Martin one77
aston Martin vulcan
ferrari enzo
ferrari f12 berlinetta
ferrari laferrari
lamborghini murcielago lp640
lamborghini aventador sv

porsche carrera gt is not perfect but still quite good

i am excited for valkyrie, wonder if it actully can be upgraded
we have to wait and se how it actully sound, but considering vulcan sounds good the chances are still good
I really wish they would update the sound of the Carrera GT. PD clearly took the recordings from a straight piped car and tried to "dial it back" for the stock setup.

The stock exhaust whail is one of the most intoxicating attributes of the CGT. Currently, GT7 doesn't do it justice..

If we could get a track like that, well,... I'd be a happy chappy indeed 🙏 :bowdown:
Would be wonderful to have a few courses that were just long roads with multiple routes (at least 3), distances of 7 miles minimum and 15 miles maximum.

Multiple layouts ranging from 7 miles, 11 miles, and the full distance. Kind of like the courses on Assetto Corsa or Project Cars.

I really wish they would update the sound of the Carrera GT. PD clearly took the recordings from a straight piped car and tried to "dial it back" for the stock setup.

The stock exhaust whail is one of the most intoxicating attributes of the CGT. Currently, GT7 doesn't do it justice..
What we really need is either a Gallardo 5.0L or LFA so that we can get an even firing V10 in the game. If baffles me neither are in there, one of the most popular supercars, and Toyota's Lexus's and Yamaha's crown jewel V10.

That too. Although the Carrera GT sounds better than both of them (in real life at least)
The Gallardo has a very restrictive OEM exhaust, with a straight through resonanted xpipe it's as good as LFA to redline. For me it's LFA, given that it's a true even firing design like Gallardo but revs to 9,500 rpm.

The Gallardo has a very restrictive OEM exhaust, with a straight through resonanted xpipe it's as good as LFA to redline. For me it's LFA, given that it's a true even firing design like Gallardo but revs to 9,500 rpm.
I agree the LFA sounds fantastic, but it sounds a bit "synthetic" next to the CGT. I.e. Yamaha clearly worked hard to make it sound exactly the way it does. The 980/01 sounds like a proper race engine (which it essentially is)

I am still quite happy with the sound overall even if its not perfect

Oh well ... at least Valkyrie looks and sounds like 🔥

also at this point , they really waiting for the August movie release which sucks for us but we might get that Hungaroring then

Last edited:
Relax, last update trailer didn't show engine swap shop. We don't know what else they will bring
We do know there will be no track though, trailer always shows a track if it's in the update
Anyway, this Evo 3 looks amazing, can't wait to get a bunch of them. Will need to get a stock one, Sudo replica, Thunderbolt replica, and at least one with whatever customizing options will be available.

Last edited:
Just do the 700pp 30 minute Le Mans race a couple of times per week, pretty easy and gets you 825k with the clean race bonus.
That's not bad but it would still be a grind for me. I don't enjoy driving La Sarthe particularly. More on 'bad design', how come custom races pay out so pitifully?
I haven't tested this but I wager that if I were to configure a 30min Endurance race around the ring 24h (my favourite track) the payout would be less.
Perhaps I'm wrong. But my impression is PD made a grind heavy game and then also designed it in a way that it's not fun to grind. If I could design my own races I could make my own fun. But the options are just too limited. No multi-class races is a big let down also. I've said this many times before, Kaz as former N24 driver should have curated the game better. That he shipped it without proper Endurance support is just disappointing. And when I say 'proper' I mean multi-class grid and also payouts that are meaningful in custom races.
When some cars cost 20m getting a payout of a few hundred k for driving 30 minutes isn't meaningful. You would have to repeat that race more dozens or hundreds of times to afford that single car. For example I'm not a particular Ferrari fan but the 250 GTO is a great sounding Ferrari car. I have yet to hear what it sounds like in the game cause I can't afford it.

Anyhow, this grinding topic has been chewed over and over again I'm sure. It seems some are happy to grind and invest the time needed to buy all cars but I can't justify it. It is the wrong direction to take for the franchise. Who would've thunk when GT3 came out that this wold turn into a game where you couldn't afford the cars anymore unless you were grinding??

Last edited:
I'm a little annoyed that we aren't getting the Bugeye Impreza but the Blobeye is pretty much the same car anyway. It's still a second-gen Impreza which has been a glaring omission from the game until now.

Back