Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,402 comments
Tested out a few and my lord, I knew the AI on Professional Difficulty was atrocious but didnt know the rubber banding is this bad.

Did 2 20 Minute Races, one at Trial Mountain and Northen Isle Speedway and they were a sight to behold.

First Trial Mountain, I was naturally going 1 Second slower than the top running A.I (Dodge and a Ford) as they were consistently doing 1:56s which I only reach once. That's fine as its definitely a skill thing on my part that I need to improve on and is quite fun but I was dumbfounded at what came after.

Halfway in I and the Dodge Viper in front pitted while the leader Ford stayed out for much longer, when we rejoined suddenly I was gaining on the Ford 5 seconds a lap and was able to pass the Viper and get a 10 second on it until the Ford pitted and we both passed it taking me to 1st. Then suddenly the Viper started gaining, which would be expected as the AI were naturally faster than me but now the Viper was pulling 1:53s out of nowhere before it was right up my 🤬 at the finish line :lol:

Didnt even feel like I won that due speed or strategy and just exploited a huge hole in how Professional difficulty A.I are designed for Custom Race :lol:

Then Northen Isle Speedway, the small track lets you see the rubber band first hand when the A.I suddenly decides to speed off like bullets and slams right through you in the process after you lapped them :lol:

Last edited:
Back