Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I went out to see if you have a history of just saying things without actual knowledge or factual proof, and whaddya know, I found some of it pretty quick. Saying "it's a joke" is a tactic many trolls use to try and excuse their wrongness, but I didn't see any other trolls in here, so I'm not sure who you were feeding besides yourself.

Just know what you're talking about before telling others "you know" and you won't have a problem with people that actually do know.

I'm a car guy, and wanna be car guys spouting off info that's incorrect to others who don't know is irritating, and a big pet peeve of mine and many others. If you're going to try an educate people, know what you're talking about, and don't be all "I should know" about it.
Dude what is your problem? I never said anything incorrect about the engine that comes in a 71 mach 1 and you have yet to quote anything that I said that was incorrect.

Maybe we need to get this thread back on track again...

I swapped the engine in my EK Civic for the 2020 Type R engine (K20C1) and its a little weapon for anything under 600PP where the circuits are twisty and there aren't many long straights. It was looking a bit bland so I gave it a Mugen livery - it's a fun street weapon now.

20829988515835825.jpg

20830172953671770.jpg

You say Cleveland (Windsor) like they are the "same thing"... and you "know what you're talking about". THEY'RE DIFFERENT BLOCKS. They have different deck heights, width, etc. The M-code also does not have "larger pistons", it has higher compression heads. Aside from the C and W having different deck heights and block widths, many other parts don't interchange at all. '71s were also available with three versions of the Cleveland, and two big blocks, so any argument about semantics when it comes to GT7s version really doesn't mean anything.

Is this what you do, run around the forums pretending to know things when you're talking out of your ass? I know because I've been working on Fords since around age 5, have a storied family history of BOSS 302 and 429 Mustangs, racing 289 and FE Galaxies and Falcons, pretty much anything Ford from 1940-present day, have a passion for cars in general and research things I'm not 100% sure of before trying to educate anyone about them... so I "know what I'm talking about". But just in case, here's an article on C W and M engines.

Hagerty - Mustang Clevelands and other engines
Thanks for correcting him I didn't feel like explaining lol.

Thanks for correcting him I didn't feel like explaining lol.
Alright, since you wanna pile on with the stalker, you can have the same response I gave him when he DMd me.

I am not wrong. You're angry over "Cleveland (Windsor)" and your interpretation over what I meant by the parentheses?

PD calls it a Cleveland not me. You and I both know the higher powered MCode was referred to as a Windsor because it was manufactured in Windsor, not Cleveland that's why I put it in parenthesis. Its PDs mistake not mine. I had a "67 in which I placed a 351 Windsor. Like the one that came in a 71 Mach 1. It had 289 HP, 13 less than the 70.

https://www.mustangspecs.com/1970-mustang-engine-351-v8/ - Stats for a '70 351 can be found here. It says 300HP if you go down to Engine Basics and look under the 4-barrel version.

https://www.mustangspecs.com/1971-mustang-engine-351-v8/ - Stats for the '71 351 can be found here. It says 285hp if you go down to Engine Basics and look under the 4-barrel version

So please, tell me again about how I'm wrong that we got the '70 351-MCODE Engine in the IN GAME '71 Mach 1.

Adios guys. Last time I make an attempt at levity in this thread.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to get this thread back on track again...

I swapped the engine in my EK Civic for the 2020 Type R engine (K20C1) and its a little weapon for anything under 600PP where the circuits are twisty and there aren't many long straights. It was looking a bit bland so I gave it a Mugen livery - it's a fun street weapon now.

View attachment 1151523
View attachment 1151524

That looks nice! Reminds me of NFS: Prostreet.

I personally would've gone for a dirty Spoon livery, like a scuffed-up street car.

I used to always add dirt, exhaust soot, and depending on the car or region I'm emulating, I'll add some rust on the fenders or fuel cap or hatch.

Hey guys :)

Quick question(s), and sorry for not wanting to read through 545 posts to find out if the answer lays within already.

But can anyone think of something that may take the LS9 other than the Firebird and the Vette it comes from? Perhaps something you've not tried before taking the plunge?...

It's not that the idea of an LS powered firebird isn't enticing, I just want to see if we can find another fit for it...and part of me doesn't want to fit it in the Firebird only to find out tomorrow it could have went in something cooler.
It would have been funny given the LT went in a miata, if it went in the Touring Car version, but sadly no 😥

:cheers:

Last edited:
Alright, since you wanna pile on with the stalker, you can have the same response I gave him when he DMd me.

I am not wrong. You're angry over "Cleveland (Windsor)" and your interpretation over what I meant by the parentheses?

PD calls it a Cleveland not me. You and I both know the higher powered MCode was referred to as a Windsor because it was manufactured in Windsor, not Cleveland that's why I put it in parenthesis. Its PDs mistake not mine. I had a "67 in which I placed a 351 Windsor. Like the one that came in a 71 Mach 1. It had 289 HP, 13 less than the 70.

https://www.mustangspecs.com/1970-mustang-engine-351-v8/ - Stats for a '70 351 can be found here. It says 300HP if you go down to Engine Basics and look under the 4-barrel version.

https://www.mustangspecs.com/1971-mustang-engine-351-v8/ - Stats for the '71 351 can be found here. It says 285hp if you go down to Engine Basics and look under the 4-barrel version

So please, tell me again about how I'm wrong that we got the '70 351-MCODE Engine in the IN GAME '71 Mach 1.

Adios guys. Last time I make an attempt at levity in this thread.
calm down bud nobody is angry...

All new discoveries have been added to the OP on the first page by @Famine. Check the first post out 👍
I am aware of the new discoveries, I mentioned them by name.

I was asking for suggestions to try out to see if I could find if there are any alternatives, before I stick it in the Firebird and waste the potential opportunity to add to that list.

I am aware of the new discoveries, I mentioned them by name.

I was asking for suggestions to try out to see if I could find if there are any alternatives, before I stick it in the Firebird and waste the potential opportunity to add to that list.

The only thing I would suggest is acquiring all the cars in the game before using the engine and then see what compatible vehicles there are for each engine.

The way they have implanted engine swaps makes it look like an after thought. If an LT can fit in the engine bay of an NA Miata, then why not the Touring version. Hell, why not every other gen Miata up to the ND??

If the LS can fit into the engine bay of an S13, then why can it not fit into the 180, the Sileighy, S15, etc??

Why can't I swap an SR20 into every S chassis? Why can't I swap the 2J into the S chassis or an E46/E92 M3??
Why can't I swap a Subaru EJ257 engine into the Porsche 356?
Why can't I swap an LS into practically everything? Same goes for the Coyote motor.

At first I was worried about licensing issues and what not but having cross-manufacturer swaps be available, that's no longer an argument against them.

So why the hell is the implementation of engine swaps so flaky? They don't model engine bays, and as far as I'm concerned it's just a bunch of sound and engine files being applied to a donor vehicle; the same way we used to modify HEX values in GT5/6 modding, except we don't need to find a matching wheelbase for the donor vehicle to fix fitment issues.

While I appreciate finally being able to do this (legally in-game), PD bit off way more than they could chew with this feature and it comes off as a half-assed attempt.

Last edited:
The only thing I would suggest is acquiring all the cars in the game before using the engine and then see what compatible vehicles there are for each engine.
Yeah, I was afraid of that :scared:, was just hoping someone perhaps had a list of what they tried which would eliminate some more so I could cross them off the list, or some inspired guesses to try.
No matter, I'll keep looking for a while.
The way they have implanted engine swaps makes it look like an after thought. If an LT can fit in the engine bay of an NA Miata, then why not the Touring version. Hell, why not every other gen Miata up to the ND??
I kind of like the idea, if there was some method to their madness. But you have a point, it seems a little random in places.
So why the hell is the implementation of engine swaps so flaky? They don't model engine bays, and as far as I'm concerned it's just a bunch of sound and engine files being applied to a donor vehicle; the same way we used to modify HEX values in GT5/6 modding, except we don't need to find a matching wheelbase for the donor vehicle to fix fitment issues.

While I appreciate finally being able to do this (legally in-game), PD bit off way more than they could chew with this feature and it comes off as a half-assed attemp
I just wish they would tell you somewhere which cars are compatible, like on the information screen in the parts list. Having to change car and go in to check every time is a bit time consuming.

I'm actually hoping the next bunch of cafe events they add includes engine swapping something...then the option to do it when ever we want and a list of compatible vehicles is unlocked 🙏

I know, it's PD, but a guy can dream.

If you select the engine in your parts list, it will give you a list of compatible cars. No need to constantly change vehicles.
Well, I must be more blind than usual :embarrassed:

So, first I go here...
16531235188441814031561871983096.jpg

Click on the engine and see this...
16531236516729178905355684695387.jpg

The text box doesn't scroll, what you see on the screen is all the information there is here.

Where am I going wrong? :confused:

Where am I going wrong? :confused:
Well, you're photographing a TV screen when the console has full-screen capture and USB export abilities for one thing.

Also if you don't own any compatible cars for the engine, it won't show you any cars that are compatible.

Well, you're photographing a TV screen when the console has full-screen capture and USB export abilities for one thing.

Also if you don't own any compatible cars for the engine, it won't show you any cars that are compatible.
Oh, I'm sorry, where is the rule that says I have to waste time following 4 extra steps to achieve the same result?
I was mid message using my phone when the thought occurred to get the pictures to help clear things up, this way seemed to be most efficient, I'm not going for quality images here, just seeking a little clarity on what I was told I'd find and where.

Secondly, I have 3 compatible cars in my garage that I'm aware (Well, 2 fFirebirds and an '09 Corvette,). When I get into one of those, then go to the parts list, a "compatible" tag appears on the engine, this much I knew before the original question was posted.

But this is not "a list of all compatible cars", as I was told I'd find.
I was also told I wouldn't need to keep changing cars to find out what was compatible or not, which it appears I do. Correct!?

Oh, I'm sorry, where is the rule that...
Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

It's probably next to the rule that says everything is deadly serious and hardcore critique, and humour isn't permitted.
I was also told I wouldn't need to keep changing cars to find out what was compatible or not, which it appears I do. Correct!?
As far as I recall (it's been a while since I had an engine, or indeed booted GT7 up), you will need to be in the relevant car, yes.

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

It's probably next to the rule that says everything is deadly serious and hardcore critique, and humour isn't permitted.
Oh, didn't see that one, I'd better check again...anyway.

As far as I recall (it's been a while since I had an engine, or indeed booted GT7 up), you will need to be in the relevant car, yes.
OK. Thanks for clearing that up :cheers:

- can all the non related bs and debating be removed from this thread now? Been a while since anyone shared vital info.

...I have only got "gold shavings" since I last recieved S parts/ engine. Seems worse after 1.13

Almost won my first engine. Hate the roulette. It lands on the engine, music stops and then ticks over to a Murcielago. If I wanted the Lamborghini, I’d buy it. Give me an engine!
I've had one engine - it's now in my EK Civic. I've fired up my alt account and I'm seeing if engines are more likely in the menu book stages or just completely random. So far, nada.

Yes you are right, but after the last update, they changed too.
The 6star is currently a Golf VGT. I'll you know if it changes

Wdym the 6star is currently Golf VGT?
Was going to ask the same. Are they saying the prizes are predetermined according to some sort of cycle, a bit like used and legendary cars go through a cycle? And therefore saving a ticket to open on a particular day will secure a prize of your choice as long as you’re aware of which prizes occur within the cycle?!

First I’ve heard of it 🤔

Back