Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Got this from an FB group. Not my picture, though I thought I'd just share for info's sake. Looks like we got a brand new engine swap in the form of the Audi R8's 4.2 V8. Need another source to verify this.

FB_IMG_1653560710356.jpg

Got this from an FB group. Not my picture, though I thought I'd just share for info's sake. Looks like we got a brand new engine swap in the form of the Audi R8's 4.2 V8. Need another source to verify this.

View attachment 1154250
Wow. Awesome. I also have a VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO engine I think it goes in a sileighty or 180SX. I trying to figure out how to get it into the car still.

Wow. Awesome. I also have a VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO engine I think it goes in a sileighty or 180SX. I trying to figure out how to get it into the car still.
You need to hop into your 180SX then go to the Tuning Parts section in the garage to use your engine swap ticket. You need to bring out the compatible car to perform the engine swap.

View attachment 1154250

I wonder what this engine's compatible with? I'm thinking the '03 TT for some reason.
Got an update from the dude who had the engine. Again, not my game save (CTTO). It's compatible with the Toyota MR2 GT-S.

EDIT: included screenshot
Polish_20220526_191446798.jpg

Last edited:
I got my first swap from a May 6th 4-star ticket, it’s the BRZ drift car:

2F8AE5E7-9398-4CB4-9819-0695FD0CC5D8.jpeg

It would’ve been nice to get this a little earlier while I had a substantial amount of campaign still left to terrorize.

*Edit: Do I need to manually switch into every car to check compatibility or would it tell me some other way? I swear I have a Silvia Q somewhere and it’s on the compatibility list.

*Edit Edit: I kept scrolling right past it. I really do have to check every individual car manually. This is an incredibly inconvenient way to implement this feature on top of it being locked behind a rare chance win on a daily reward system.

Last edited:
PD needs to put engine swaps on the shop. The roulette sucks. Many people are wanting engine swaps and still got nothing. Engine swaps rotation on shop is good. Make 3 random engine swaps available for purchase every week. Add some special parts for purchase too.
I agree with this, but I want it to be on a two-week rotation just like the cars of Mileage Exchange of GT Sport.

Make one engine available for two weeks, and it has to be priced according to how rare it is in real life.

That, at least, should be an option. Alternatively, players can still hope and pray they get an engine from the roulette free of charge.

Some of these swaps are making zero sense. Who at PD thought it was a good idea to make the VR38 compatible with that specific car?

Some of these swaps are making zero sense. Who at PD thought it was a good idea to make the VR38 compatible with that specific car?
Most likely they repurposed their ticket roulette system for it. You know, for symmetry between receiving an engine swap and making use of it.

Interesting to see how many years I will need to hunt down my unicorn, R26B RX7. At least they figured out that combo right.

Most likely they repurposed their ticket roulette system for it. You know, for symmetry between receiving an engine swap and making use of it.

Interesting to see how many years I will need to hunt down my unicorn, R26B RX7. At least they figured out that combo right.
Dude, if PD ever allow the sale of engines between players, hit me up.

I won two 787B engines within a few days of each other. One is in an FD, the other on a crate.

And yes, I do feel bad about it when there are so many of us that haven’t even won a single engine yet.

I guess it boils down to the fact that, as IRL, there are two ‘degrees’ of swap. One is where you retain stock ECU, stock clocks and so on, which is possible by means of the engine being closely related to the project car. So for example a 2.0 Civic engine in an older 1.6 / 1.8 Civig or Teg.

Then you have the ground-up builds. Full custom engine management such as Syvecs, lots and lots of custom fabrication to get everything to physically fit, and so on. If you’re starting again with an aftermarket ECU, arguably anything is possible if you have the vision and the resources.

I think scenario two is what PD are trying to replicate here.

That new Suzuki VGT has my hopes up for Hayabusa swaps. A Hayabusa in a Cappuccino, a Swift, or in several of the kei cars from other brands would be fun.
the ingame specification for the car though isnt called a Hayabusa engine though, its classified as a "DXA1-Suzuki-VGT" engine unfortunately, so that probably reduces the chances of that happening.

I guess it boils down to the fact that, as IRL, there are two ‘degrees’ of swap. One is where you retain stock ECU, stock clocks and so on, which is possible by means of the engine being closely related to the project car. So for example a 2.0 Civic engine in an older 1.6 / 1.8 Civig or Teg.

Then you have the ground-up builds. Full custom engine management such as Syvecs, lots and lots of custom fabrication to get everything to physically fit, and so on. If you’re starting again with an aftermarket ECU, arguably anything is possible if you have the vision and the resources.

I think scenario two is what PD are trying to replicate here.
I'd rather put it in the new Z, or hell any Z for that matter. The Delta is just odd.

Dude, if PD ever allow the sale of engines between players, hit me up.

I won two 787B engines within a few days of each other. One is in an FD, the other on a crate.

And yes, I do feel bad about it when there are so many of us that haven’t even won a single engine yet.
Me too, I have an LT1 Miata and an extra LT1, and a k20 swapped integra.

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far. Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Audi

BYH-R8 - Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)

BMW
P65B44-Z4 - BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
LS9-Corvette - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
LT1-Corvette - Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15

Dodge
Hellcat-Charger - Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Ford
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang - Ford Mustang GT '15, Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

Honda
K20C1-Civic-'20 - Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98, Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98

Mazda
13B-REW-RX-7 - Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
R26B-787B - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02

Nissan
SR20DET-Silvia - Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90, Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R Aero '02
VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo - Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!), Nissan 180SX Type X '96

Porsche
M96/76-Porsche-'01 - Volkswagen 1200 '66
M64/03-911 - Volkswagen 1200 '66, Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Subaru
LS7 BRZ - Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Toyota
2JZ-GTE-Supra - Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
New one to add to the 2JZ - GTE

Attachments

• IMG20220528023525.jpg
    IMG20220528023525.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 57
Back