Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
@Nuschel01 That's where you are wrong. When there is an update and new cars are added, the tickets change. All my tickets changed content after this update.

p78
@Nuschel01 That's where you are wrong. When there is an update and new cars are added, the tickets change. All my tickets changed content after this update.

How do you know the prize you would have gotten changed if you never opened it..?

Every "disconnect" to reset some sort of way has yeilded same results. The prizes shown may be different-but-the "pre-determined" prize you will always get will be the same.

Ex- if your gonna get 2000' credits, or a carbon drive shaft, those prizes would be there, but the other "teaser" items may change, so you would see 4 cars and a drive shaft, go to 4 stacks of coins and a shaft after reset.

Even if you dont let it stop, soon as you click that ticket and hear that music- your prize is pre determined. Its been proven by many "youtubers" etc.

So if your saying if you wait till "gran turismo 13th" update, which are never known, your ticket resets?!

Not to mention the tickets are only good for 30 days sooooooo........

Please do tell-

Yes, the FD with the R26B is treated as if it's a 787b. It only gets the same upgrade as the 787b which is the medium turbo.

However, and take this with a massive grain of salt as I've heard this secondhand, if you have a NA with the 13B (FD engine) swapped in, you can use the Ultra High RPM on the 13B in the NA. It's my understanding that roulette parts tied to a certain car's engine are tied to the engine and not the car. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Yeah, swapping an engine into another car means you get access to that engine's upgrades. Which means getting an Ultra High RPM turbo, for example, will give you a choice of whether to use it on the car it was originally intended for (RX-7) or a car you've swapped the compatible engine into (MX-5).

p78
?
Without proof, I have to say I think either you're incorrect or misunderstanding something.
I've seen someone receive a reward that was removed in an update because they held onto it for a month after receiving it (2,000 Cr from a 2 star, which is no longer receivable).
To me, that is proof that ticket rewards persist.

Is this specifically car rewards that are changing?

Yes with no aero kit tune, 284mph / 457kmh and no NOS. Testing with aero kit on same tune, 270mph. But I'm testing put a new tune for the aero kit. I can show you the ssrx lap time for it. Sadly I didn't even think to save my replay when I did it.

View attachment 1155799

View attachment 1155800
Thats awesome to know. I might have to remove all aero from my Nismo and see what it does as i get 270mph without Nos on that as is. Would love to know top speed for Delta with same swap.

How do you know the prize you would have gotten changed if you never opened it..?

Every "disconnect" to reset some sort of way has yeilded same results. The prizes shown may be different-but-the "pre-determined" prize you will always get will be the same.

Ex- if your gonna get 2000' credits, or a carbon drive shaft, those prizes would be there, but the other "teaser" items may change, so you would see 4 cars and a drive shaft, go to 4 stacks of coins and a shaft after reset.

Even if you dont let it stop, soon as you click that ticket and hear that music- your prize is pre determined. Its been proven by many "youtubers" etc.

So if your saying if you wait till "gran turismo 13th" update, which are never known, your ticket resets?!

Not to mention the tickets are only good for 30 days sooooooo........

Please do tell-

ddm
?
Without proof, I have to say I think either you're incorrect or misunderstanding something.
I've seen someone receive a reward that was removed in an update because they held onto it for a month after receiving it (2,000 Cr from a 2 star, which is no longer receivable).
To me, that is proof that ticket rewards persist.

Is this specifically car rewards that are changing?
I don't have any screen shots of last time.
But i have 6 star ticket, and the prize was GTI Roadster Vision GT
After the update the prize was a LM55 Vision GT

What i did not know is that the tickets dissapear after 30 days.

Edit.
The update has to have cars for this to work. Because then the ticket content gets reset

Last edited:
Thats awesome to know. I might have to remove all aero from my Nismo and see what it does as i get 270mph without Nos on that as is. Would love to know top speed for Delta with same swap.
Not 270 anymore baby :). How about a 276 with the aero kit, same 284 tune with a few tweaked suspension settings.

TBH you need the kit for track tunes. It's the only way you will get the 180 around the track more easily without working so hard.

The kit makes all the 946HP so much more manageable even with downforce settings on lowest values.

The new dynamic wind physics is also having a lot to do with what top speeds you hit. Which makes testing even more grinding!

Last edited:
You do.

If you open a ticket and exit the game before it saves the prize, you can open the ticket again. Which results in the same prize; this is in fact how we know it will result in the same prize every time.

You can then determine what prize is behind each ticket without actually redeeming them, thus you can store them up (as pointed out, the maximum time is 30 days before the ticket expires) knowing what each is.

Now the fun bit. When the game is updated with new vehicle content - as has happened twice thus far - you can open the ticket again...

... and if it works like I think it works, many of the prizes behind the tickets will change.

@p78 is simply confirming that it does indeed work like that.

I can explain why it does, why I thought it would, and generally how I think it works, but it's a long post.

You do.

If you open a ticket and exit the game before it saves the prize, you can open the ticket again. Which results in the same prize; this is in fact how we know it will result in the same prize every time.

You can then determine what prize is behind each ticket without actually redeeming them, thus you can store them up (as pointed out, the maximum time is 30 days before the ticket expires) knowing what each is.

Now the fun bit. When the game is updated with new vehicle content - as has happened twice thus far - you can open the ticket again...

... and if it works like I think it works, many of the prizes behind the tickets will change.

@p78 is simply confirming that it does indeed work like that.

I can explain why it does, why I thought it would, and generally how I think it works, but it's a long post.
How do I know if the game hasn't save the prize yet? I want to try this.

How do I know if the game hasn't save the prize yet? I want to try this.
Just quit the game from the XMB while the prize is still being displayed without pressing any other buttons.

Also be aware that prizes won't necessarily change for the better, so it's worth only keeping tickets with the lowest possible reward (or something useless to you).

Just quit the game from the XMB while the prize is still being displayed without pressing any other buttons.

Also be aware that prizes won't necessarily change for the better, so it's worth only keeping tickets with the lowest possible reward (or something useless to you).
Alright thanks!

So, only if update is less than 30 days-

It may be possible
Well, not entirely... it just needs to be no further away than 30 days from your oldest ticket.

Thus far the content updates have arrived at roughly that interval, with May 26th coming 31 days after April 25th. If PD remains consistent (as it generally did for GT Sport), the next content update will be around June 28th.

So taking all these discoveries into consideration,

-The best method for obtaining the best items you can from a ticket, is to check ticket, if its unacceptable" hold it for 30 days+/-

So, keep a 30 day supply of tickets, and open your ticket that is going to expire only. I can actually understand that being feasible.

Thanks famine/p78 for clearing that up and knowledge of there being a better possible method! After 3 months of nothing, im sure some are excited to try this; myself included.

A question I haven't seen raised here before:
What happens if you buy and install an original engine, replacing the swapped crate engine? Is this swapped engine then gone or is it possible to use this on another build, thus making it available again in the parts list?

Has anybody tried this? Would love to try a '21 BRZ build, but if this trend continues of new swaps being available, I'd rather not risk potentially wasting an engine on this.

Last edited:
A question I haven't seen raised here before:
What happens if you buy and install an original engine, replacing the swapped crate engine? Is this swapped engine then gone or is it possible to use this on another build, thus making it available again in the parts list?

Has anybody tried this? Would love to try a '21 BRZ build, but if this trend continues of new swaps being available, I'd rather not risk potentially wasting an engine on this.
I would have thought once it's used you wouldn't be able to re-use it for something else. You don't get the engine out of the car you swap into so I don't see why you'd get the swapped engine back.

First engine I've won came today, the M64 pork engine. Slotted it in to the beetle and it's terrible to drive... Sigh

First engine I've won came today, the M64 pork engine. Slotted it in to the beetle and it's terrible to drive... Sigh
From the way things have been going, it may be better to hold on to engines for a possible better swap? This update they added a vehicle to a couple of the swap motor donor list.(ex. VR38DETT and 2jz now have more than 1 vehicle option, after 1.15update.)
With this info i wish i would have waited to use my sr20 swap.

...because going from a 1.8 to a 2.0 is barely an improvement in a nissan K silvia

From the way things have been going, it may be better to hold on to engines for a possible better swap? This update they added a vehicle to a couple of the swap motor donor list.(ex. VR38DETT and 2jz now have more than 1 vehicle option, after 1.15update.)
With this info i wish i would have waited to use my sr20 swap.

...because going from a 1.8 to a 2.0 is barely an improvement in a nissan K silvia
In real life that is a big improvement though.

Tue 30th June
4 Star Racing Crankshaft Toyota GT 86 "Limited" '16
4 Star Weight Reduction: Stage 5 Toyota GT Supra RZ '19

Last edited:
Yes, the FD with the R26B is treated as if it's a 787b. It only gets the same upgrade as the 787b which is the medium turbo.

However, and take this with a massive grain of salt as I've heard this secondhand, if you have a NA with the 13B (FD engine) swapped in, you can use the Ultra High RPM on the 13B in the NA. It's my understanding that roulette parts tied to a certain car's engine are tied to the engine and not the car. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I have a R26B swapped FD. I also got a carbon propellor shaft for the FD and was able to install it alongside. It’s not exactly an ‘engine part’ but I can at least confirm this one for myself.

Back