Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Why only 220hp? have they nerfed it for the mini?

EDIT: on the subject of the Mini & K20- can anyone confirm that this swap wasn't possible previously? If not it might give us an incentive to hold onto engines if we win them and check for new compatibility after each update.

Would be nice if PD simply gave us a list too... In another life maybe 😆
wait for the pc release

You realise this is the engine swap thread and not the roulette tracking thread, right?

My bad 😂

The Honda Civic engine fits a '65 Mini, is 220HP stock ... Maan in what world you live in? Lucky dude you should have put it in the Mini are you bonkers man what is wrong with youuuuu 💩😕😞😤😡😠🗯️! 🤣😂😭🤣

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with me, the engine remains in its crate for the time being. I don’t have a great need for an FF right now, I’m in no rush at all. Although I did take my absolutely stressed-out ‘98 Integra (~690) to Sarthe earlier today and post a win. I’d love to be able to see what that would rate with that engine fully done.

K20 swapped mini does sound fun. Imagine it with anti lag :lol:

But I'm tempted on putting it in the Integra, if I ever win 1.

EDIT: on the subject of the Mini & K20- can anyone confirm that this swap wasn't possible previously? If not it might give us an incentive to hold onto engines if we win them and check for new compatibility after each update.

Would be nice if PD simply gave us a list too... In another life maybe 😆
Yes, this swap was added in v1.15.

The 2JZ-GTE-Supra and VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO were also existing engine drops that had more swaps added this update.
No update prior to this one added more swaps for an existing engine drop.

And all the engine swaps in v1.15 are known. There's none left to discover for this update.

ddm
Yes, this swap was added in v1.15.

The 2JZ-GTE-Supra and VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO were also existing engine drops that had more swaps added this update.
No update prior to this one added more swaps for an existing engine drop.

And all the engine swaps in v1.15 are known. There's none left to discover for this update.
1.13 added the Integra to the k20, as well. How are you confirming that all swaps are known? You have all the engines and cars and checked 100% compatibility?

1.13 added the Integra to the k20, as well.
Huh. Yeah, you're probably right with that one.
1.13 was the first update I had a complete list for & it's specifically a bit confusing for that Civic swap because prior to release, the K20C1-Civic-'20 -> Civic Type R (EK) '98 swap was instead a B18C-Integra-'98.
(Changed before the game's release, just like the M96/76-911 -> Volkswagen 1200 '66 swap becoming a M64/03-911 - and being added to the Sambabus too.)
How are you confirming that all swaps are known?
magic ;P

I would have thought once it's used you wouldn't be able to re-use it for something else. You don't get the engine out of the car you swap into so I don't see why you'd get the swapped engine back.
Just found out that once an engine is dropped in, it can only be undone by doing another engine swap with a stock engine (or with replacing with a different engine). The engine rebuilding option in the upgrade shop rebuilds the engine currently in the car, instead of replacing it with the original one. Maybe this was common knowledge, but new to me.

Still, not truly an answer to my original question. But as we don't get to keep the original engine after a swap, it does seem likely to be a one use item only which is not stored under Tuning Parts.

Last edited:
Hey, so wow did you figure out, which engine fits in which car? Did everyone with an engine swap option try out every car in his garage? This was done with every swap engine yet? Sorry if this may sound stupid ;)

Hey, so wow did you figure out, which engine fits in which car? Did everyone with an engine swap option try out every car in his garage? This was done with every swap engine yet? Sorry if this may sound stupid ;)
Yup, I put my first lt1 in the Miata since it seemed to be the only option, then I got the Honda engine and tried every car in my garage with less horsepower than the swap, and I believe i was the first to find the Integra was compatible. Now I have a second lt1 that I check each car after every update, tedious for sure.

Has anyone managed to tune their swapped motors into tamed/usable weapons?

I had the Corvette plant in the ND Miata and that was difficult to put down.

I have another Chevy engine for the Pontiac - expecting more of the same, RWD uncontrollable madness (don't have a Firebird ATM)
I added a SC and NOS, lol. One trick you can do is lengthen your gearing (smaller final gear number) so you dont blow off the rear tires in the low gears. Otherwise, add a big wing max downforce, lighten, racing everything, and wide body. Shes going to be a hand full. It's a street car with a gazillion HP. Slow in slow out hammer down when she is pointed straight. Tuning the suspension will help but Im not the best at that.

So, I finally got lucky and received the VR38DETT-NISMO from a 4-star ticket.

Did 65km on the Route X with the Tomahawk.

After checking the first post on this thread, the only cars that can have this engine besides the GT-R Nismo, are the Lancia Integrale and the 180SX.

I don't own any of those cars, nor am I going to buy them anytime soon.

Somebody suggested holding on to the engine incase an update makes more cars eligible for the swap, am I correct?

I've also previously won a racing crankshaft for that same engine, so can I install that to the swapped engine after it has been installed to new car?

Last edited:
I did too but so far I can't find a car that it's compatible with.
You may wish to check out the first page of this thread... It's updated with all engines and eligible cars as they are found.

LS7 fits in the Silvia Qs

I did too but so far I can't find a car that it's compatible with.
Silvia Qs.

595BDE28-6226-4344-94EC-80E0F6769AE5.jpeg

It’s absolute hell.

Back