Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Anyone have a setting for the LT1 swapped Miata ?

pretty sure this is the first V8 Miata that can actually lap a track competitively. havent seen anyone else even try anything but drift

Last edited:

pretty sure this is the first V8 Miata that can actually lap a track competitively. havent seen anyone else even try anything but drift
THANK YOU!!

There’s an old Ford roadster in the update, I’d wait and see if they make that one eligible for the Ford engine swap.
Except no self-respecting roadster owner would drop a Coyote in one. So I'm hoping that's not an option personally.

Show me a guy from my Dad's era ('41) that would do something like that.

Sorry, not trying to be argumentative. My point is that no OG hot-rodder would be caught doing that and keeping his cool card with the old heads.

Last edited:
Show me a guy from my Dad's era ('41) that would do something like that.

Sorry, not trying to be argumentative. My point is that no OG hot-rodder would be caught doing that and keeping his cool card with the old heads.
Hot-rodders have always swapped out engines with the biggest baddest engines (and cheapest) they can lay their hands on no matter what the brand. Traditionalists on the other hand...

Last edited:
Hot-rodders have always swapped out engines with the biggest baddest engines (and cheapest) they can lay their hands on no matter what the brand. Traditionalists on the other hand...
This. From the start, Hot Rods were all about customisation, putting things together that don’t necessarily belong and making a fast, fun car.

In the modern error, you can get a faster, cheaper and (importantly) more reliable vehicle by using late model running gear.

My old man cut up a ‘38 Dodge pickup to fit Jaguar underpinnings and a 5.7 Hemi. We all called him a nutter, but now he daily drives it to work.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but a nailhead is way cooler then a dime-a-dozen LS-swap.
Do you mean flathead? Pretty sure a nailhead is a Buick engine... also used for hot-rodding Fords (edit: and Chevs as per the article below).

Last edited:
I did mean Flathead. It's getting late and I'm getting old...obviously.

And you are correct, a Nailhead was a fairly common swap and it was a GM product.

Put an LS-swapped Roadster (the only reason that had happened is because the only original part of that car is a rust speck what's left of the frame) against anything more befitting a Roadster from the era and tell me which one wins best in show and which one wins a bunch of mullets ooohing and aahing over another LS-swap.

Last edited:
I did mean Flathead. It's getting late and I'm getting old...obviously.
All good, but if your profile age is correct you're waaaayyyy younger than me. Lucky it's afternoon here. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be off to have my afternoon nap. :)

Regards you're edit: I'm with you all the way with what's cooler, my mate has an all steel '32 with a flathead in it sitting in his shed. It's friggin' awesome!!!

Last edited:
All good, but if your profile age is correct you're waaaayyyy younger than me. Lucky it's afternoon here. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be off to have my afternoon nap. :)

Regards you're edit: I'm with you all the way with what's cooler, my mate has an all steel '32 with a flathead in it sitting in his shed. It's friggin' awesome!!!
Soz, I tried to catch you while you were napping!

Got the 13B from the Rotary gifts. I can finally rest.
Is that a default gift, or is it that you got a ticket which happened to have the engine in...? I NEED TO KNOWWWWW

I also need to know if it now fits in the RX-8 post update... For reasons...

Last edited:
SC430 AKA Soarer. so yes that is a new engine.
@vicheous Can you screenshot that, so it can be added to the main list.

Also, start checking in what car(s) it can be fitted :lol: , possibly the Toyota Crown athlete?

Last edited:
Is that a default gift, or is it that you got a ticket which happened to have the engine in...? I NEED TO KNOWWWWW

It doesn't go in the RX8 - just checked now.

It's a ticket which has the engine in amongst 4 other engines.

It's a ticket exclusively containing engines. A Nismo GTR, 787B, RX7 and the Lexus engined mentioned above have been gifted from the roulette so far.

Last edited:
It doesn't go in the RX8 - just checked now.

It's a ticket which has the engine in amongst 4 other engines.

It's a ticket exclusively containing engines. A Nismo GTR, 787B, RX7 and the Lexus engined mentioned above have been gifted from the roulette so far.
Thanks for checking, and also thanks for the info. Won't have a chance to play for a couple of days, but eager to know!

RX-8 not compatible with the 13B.
It’s a random roulette gift. How do I know this? The damn game gave me ANOTHER engine from the same Menu!!!

As I posted in the Update thread, The Glen didn’t load for me on the map. Just the red dot. I exited the game and rebooted. The Menus refreshed and got that LT1! I show both engines in my Tuning Parts.

Last edited:
Back