Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
After 2 weeks of 1-3 star tickets, I finally got a 4 star ticket. Damn near perfect roulette wheel S parts for prizes(motor, carbon drive shaft, supercharger, and titanium pistons) but of course, you get that **** item you dont want. (Invitation you recieved in menu books)

.....at least I can afford the Mclaren this time through the legendary cycle

This will be one of those "wait for next update"
🎟 ticket

Attachments

• 20220601_122837.jpg
    20220601_122837.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 27
After 2 weeks of 1-3 star tickets, I finally got a 4 star ticket. Damn near perfect roulette wheel S parts for prizes(motor, carbon drive shaft, supercharger, and titanium pistons) but of course, you get that **** item you dont want. (Invitation you recieved in menu books)

.....at least I can afford the Mclaren this time through the legendary cycle

This will be one of those "wait for next update"
🎟 ticket
I woulda thrown my playstation out of a window... That sucks man :lol:

I would like to see most cars be able to have an engine swap of some kind in the game. A few really small cars really need more of a boost in power.

I would like to recreate the Mini and Mustang race from the anniversary race in the 2014 Australian Muscle car Masters race.

So it's totally feasible that I would probably require a Mini with an engine swapped from a Honda Civic or a Ford Focus which I believe would fit in the Mini. Obviously highly tuned.

500HP Mini anyone ?

I won the BYH-R8 into the MR2. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd rather not mess up a nice car, and save it in case we find it fits something else later.

I won the BYH-R8 into the MR2. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd rather not mess up a nice car, and save it in case we find it fits something else later.

That motor was just released this update, so there is not much info on here yet. Believe only 2 people have shared that they recieved that car.
(And the other guy shared his friends pics, wasnt his.)

Seems like a fun swap, but maybe they will have an alternate option in future updates.they have added vehicle options to a few motors since release.

Today I won my first engine, it's VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo. I'll put it in the stock Lancia HF Delta Integrale from garage to make Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo, then I'll drive stock Lancia from UCD and then I'll drive new Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo. After that I'll drive my current tuned 2nd Delta... So, I need many time for testing three Deltas. After that I'll install all possible upgrades to Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo, and I hope that it will be a very good car.

Last edited:
Today I won my first engine, it's VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo. I'll put it in the stock Lancia HF Delta Integrale from garage to make Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo, then I'll drive stock Lancia from UCD and then I'll drive new Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo. After that I'll drive my current tuned 2nd Delta... So, I need many time for testing three Deltas. After that I'll install all possible upgrades to Lancia Delta GT-R Nismo, and I hope that it will be a very good car.
Make sure you test it in top speed and drag lobbies!

p78
I don't have any screen shots of last time.
But i have 6 star ticket, and the prize was GTI Roadster Vision GT
After the update the prize was a LM55 Vision GT

What i did not know is that the tickets dissapear after 30 days.

Edit.
The update has to have cars for this to work. Because then the ticket content gets reset
👍
It's not that the update has to have cars, but that the update has to have a change to the car list your reward is in.
In v1.15, the GR010 and Suzuki VGT were added to the highest value lottery car list, and that's also where both the GTI Roadster Vision GT and LM55 Vision GT are.

When receiving the ticket, it will have saved that specific car set and probably some number which it uses to pick out of the list (which is why it doesn't change unless the list changes) - probably a very large number modulo'd to fit.
Wonder why they're doing it like that, because it would make more sense to just save the car code.
Especially when this isn't how it works with credits.

Wonder how this works with tuning parts?

Last edited:
Some of the tiers in the prize ticket don't make any sense anyway. You can be given a lower reward in a 2 star ticket as opposed to a 1 star. It's a bit of a mess really.

Last edited:
June 2nd Racing Crankshaft for Maserati GranTurismo S '08

June 3rd Prize 1 car ( already own :( )
113.2 Daily miles
Events completed:
Fisherman's Ranch "Full Course" Circuit Experience Gold
Willow Springs "Streets of Willow Springs" Circuit Experience Gold
Colorado Springs "Lake" Circuit Experience Gold
4 Star Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
You realise this is the engine swap thread and not the roulette tracking thread, right?

That motor was just released this update, so there is not much info on here yet. Believe only 2 people have shared that they recieved that car.
(And the other guy shared his friends pics, wasnt his.)

Seems like a fun swap, but maybe they will have an alternate option in future updates.they have added vehicle options to a few motors since release.
Thanks for the info, I was not aware this was new. I'll just keep it and hopefully it will fit into something else.

Has anyone managed to tune their swapped motors into tamed/usable weapons?

I had the Corvette plant in the ND Miata and that was difficult to put down.

I have another Chevy engine for the Pontiac - expecting more of the same, RWD uncontrollable madness (don't have a Firebird ATM)

Has anyone managed to tune their swapped motors into tamed/usable weapons?

I had the Corvette plant in the ND Miata and that was difficult to put down.

I have another Chevy engine for the Pontiac - expecting more of the same, RWD uncontrollable madness (don't have a Firebird ATM)
Well, I kept my 4-rotor FD in its stock power, and its rear downforce is high as well. It can be tamed but there really is a price to pay for all that power.

200+ hours played and not a single engine swap reward yet. Unreal how dumb a design choice this was, but it also perfectly captures the essence of PD.
I’m the same. Put a crazy amount of hours in and not one engine. Not missed one day of the roulette since release and very rarely even see an engine in roulette never mind win one. Completely stupid design choice as you say and looking at this thread just makes it worse. I’m starting to think that engines are going to end up as a mtx further down the line.

Well, I’m glad you asked. It does NOT fit in the newer Mini, so for funsies I checked the ‘65 and…
the weight seems accurate since a mini with a k20a (NA) weights 15 kg less

ps: youre welcome everybody

Last edited:
Got my first engine, had only missed 3 days and got to level 50 fairly early.

It’s a hellcat engine, which is cool, but my challenger is already totally maxed out. so I guess I’ll just hang onto it, then.

it makes me feel better, though, because i truly have no more reason to do daily logins. I know the prize wheel is landing on the lowest prize 99% of the time, but I still find it insulting somehow.

I do sort of feel better about waiting to win my first engine swap, considering that I’d likely need to find a way to make the receiving car controllable with its new engine.

Not to mention that I’ve realized that one-make races in Sport Mode without tuning permitted actually makes sense, as it simply cuts out the middleman of players hunting for the meta car, or meta settings, and so on. I’m told that there was a daily race open to all road cars shortly after the game’s release, but it didn’t account for hybrids despite having power/weight limits. As a result, everyone ended up using the Peugeot L500R VGT.

So for me, I’ve come to see engine swaps as something that’s really neat and very much a welcome addition, but otherwise not something I’m in a huge rush to get. I might not even immediately put any engines I win into an eligible car, especially with both how rare they seem to be, and how more eligible cars seem to be added with each update. I might just hoard my engine(s), basically.

But that 2JZ is totally going into a GR86 if I win it.

EDIT: I feel similar about the Ultra-High-RPM turbo that I’ve won for the RX-7 Spirit R. Yes, it’s very cool, but it’s also useless outside of drag races and/or ovals. And if I could pick which car I’d much prefer to get such a part, it’d be a 4WD car like the GT-R, because with a 50:50 torque distribution, those cars are ideal for drag events - definitely moreso than an FR car like the RX-7.

Last edited:
Well, I’m glad you asked. It does NOT fit in the newer Mini, so for funsies I checked the ‘65 and…
Why only 220hp? have they nerfed it for the mini?

EDIT: on the subject of the Mini & K20- can anyone confirm that this swap wasn't possible previously? If not it might give us an incentive to hold onto engines if we win them and check for new compatibility after each update.

Would be nice if PD simply gave us a list too... In another life maybe 😆

Last edited:
Why only 220hp? have they nerfed it for the mini?
As mentioned by another, indeed the power restrictor was skewing the numbers, which raises a whole other set of questions…

Do my bolt-ons auto-apply to the new engine? What about internal upgrades?

Attachments

• 1683AC0C-EA42-41C9-8E36-D83DB294F03A.jpeg
    1683AC0C-EA42-41C9-8E36-D83DB294F03A.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 25
Back