Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
Screenshot_20220529-005747.jpg

Zero engines so far for me, and I've been playing since the release. Only missed less then 10 days for the roulette.

But I have received some S-parts for cars that I have no intention of purchasing, like: sport muffler for the RCZ or S-cams + something else for the Enzo.

Zero engines so far for me, and I've been playing since the release. Only missed less then 10 days for the roulette.

But I have received some S-parts for cars that I have no intention of purchasing, like: sport muffler for the RCZ or S-cams + something else for the Enzo.
Zero engines for me having missed 2 days of roulette since launch, and maybe one special part that isn't otherwise available in the tuning shop. I'm mostly getting the lowest cash prize available and a frustrating amount of the same couple of brand central invites, apart from a few random cars.
The roulette is a terrible way to release these engines. At this rate I'll never get one. They should be unlockable some other way.

Guys so I put the VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO engine in my 180 SX last night (in the game ofc). The car had 591HP as stock. I proceeded with upgrades excluding any turbo parts. Without turbo parts but everything else, car has 791HP. I haven't driven it yet. Car only weighs a staggering 1,049KG. It's super light.

P_20220529_101358.jpg

P_20220529_101434.jpg

P_20220529_101132.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely powerband for drifting there 🤤
Yeah. Thks. I'm no good at drifting unfortunately. This thing goes. Just took it for a run. Insane! 791bhp, 1,049 kg, 262mph in 5th on the rev limiter. Only has sports suspension still. Took all aero kit off and de winged. It's faster. With all the kit on 255mph.

Last edited:
Question! If I were to win the Coyote 5.0 engine, and put it into the Mustang Mach 1 ‘71, and then fully-tuned the engine, could I still potentially get it to 450 PP on Comfort Softs, just by playing with the ballast/power?

Last edited:
Question! If I were to win the Coyote 5.0 engine, and put it into the Mustang Mach 1 ‘71, and then fully-tuned the engine, could I still potentially get it to 450 PP on Comfort Softs, just by playing with the ballast/power?
That I can't answer buddy. I'm sure someone on gtplanet has a Mach 1 coyote engine swap. Anyhoo I put the turbos on my 180 SX. 946-8HP. With no aero kit the fastest I could go was around 284mph with the 5 gear transmission.

Most likely. Considering that with the combination of the power restrictor and the tunable ECU, you can literally cut the car's power in half.

Guys today was a fun day for me with my 180 SX. I couldn't better my 284mph runs. I'll try running with NOS tomorrow.

There are still some other tricks to try with suspension tuning and whether the downforce on some cars will help higher top speeds rather than hinder them.

It's worth pointing out I took the top speed tune and slapped on all the aero kits, took it around the Ring and recorded a 6:48.

If any of you guys ever get the Nismo engine for your SX, I'd be more than welcome to share my tune with you in order to better the tune and see how fast we can make these swaps go. Have fun. See ya tomorrow.

Last edited:
Guys today was a fun day for me with my 180 SX. I couldn't better my 284mph runs. I'll try running with NOS tomorrow.

There are still some other tricks to try with suspension tuning and whether the downforce on some cars will help higher top speeds rather than hinder them.

It's worth pointing out I took the top speed tune and slapped on all the aero kits, took it around the Ring and recorded a 6:48. Have fun. See ya tomorrow.
284 without nos in the 180sx VR38 swap?

Oooooo i need that swap along with a duped engine 🤣for the Delta.

Guys so I put the VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO engine in my 180 SX last night (in the game ofc). The car had 591HP as stock. I proceeded with upgrades excluding any turbo parts. Without turbo parts but everything else, car has 791HP. I haven't driven it yet. Car only weighs a staggering 1,049KG. It's super light.

Lovely powerband for drifting there 🤤
18113c6f8cd10-screenshotUrl.jpg

it's an absolute pleasure to drift, as you can see it even has the stock diff.

almost three months and still no engines found in crappy roulettes, every time 4 star tickets troll me stopping near the engine or best prize available, and i get the almighty 10k ever and ever. Dumbest people ever seen in 10 years of videogames, why putting engine swaps and only available in roulettes, same for rare special parts. They rise up legendary cars without fixing payout, they change car rotation to change the price (F40 switched with RX500 because the car will spawn with double of the price) and the end, 917k and f1 together, and tomorrow even mercedes will come. Hope they get bankrupt.

@Morning star When you get a crappy payout, quit the game, so you keep your ticket, and then try again, next update, at least you'll have more chances that way.

p78
@Morning star When you get a crappy payout, quit the game, so you keep your ticket, and then try again, next update, at least you'll have more chances that way.
The prize is determined when you get the ticket, so it makes no difference ¯\(ツ)

284 without nos in the 180sx VR38 swap?

Oooooo i need that swap along with a duped engine 🤣for the Delta.
Yes with no aero kit tune, 284mph / 457kmh and no NOS. Testing with aero kit on same tune, 270mph. But I'm testing put a new tune for the aero kit. I can show you the ssrx lap time for it. Sadly I didn't even think to save my replay when I did it.

P_20220530_210430.jpg

P_20220530_211917.jpg

Not to sound fatalistic, but what does it really matter that we win even one engine swap if there's not much incentive to use them? I mean, barring the mention of a Porsche-engined Samba Bus being used in the Alsace One Hour, I just don't see much reason to install an alternative engine. Especially if we don't know which events will permit/prohibit widebodies, or may have such a low PP/power limit that it's really only worth it for the changed exhaust note. Like how I asked earlier in this thread if a Coyote-swapped Mustang Mach 1 '71 could still get as low as 450 PP, since that's the limit for the Alsace One Hour.

Ah, I don't know. I suppose it'd still be nice to win an engine, even if I just leave it in storage until I feel like I really need it. Except for the one Porsche engine you can put into the Samba Bus. That's going into my spare Samba Bus as soon as I get it. And maybe the 787B engine, since I already have an Ultra-High-RPM turbo for the RX-7 Spirit R '02. You know what? Maybe I'll just play it by ear.

Last edited:
Not to sound fatalistic, but what does it really matter that we win even one engine swap if there's not much incentive to use them? I mean, barring the mention of a Porsche-engined Samba Bus being used in the Alsace One Hour, I just don't see much reason to install an alternative engine. Especially if we don't know which events will permit/prohibit widebodies, or may have such a low PP/power limit that it's really only worth it for the changed exhaust note. Like how I asked earlier in this thread if a Coyote-swapped Mustang Mach 1 '71 could still get as low as 450 PP, since that's the limit for the Alsace One Hour.

Ah, I don't know. I suppose it'd still be nice to win an engine, even if I just leave it in storage until I feel like I really need it. Except for the one Porsche engine you can put into the Samba Bus. That's going into my spare Samba Bus as soon as I get it. And maybe the 787B engine, since I already have an Ultra-High-RPM turbo for the RX-7 Spirit R '02. You know what? Maybe I'll just play it by ear.
The Ultra High turbo will only apply to the default engine in the FD. the 787b engine has its own upgrade tree independent of that.

The Ultra High turbo will only apply to the default engine in the FD. the 787b engine has its own upgrade tree independent of that.
Huh, good to know. So are there special parts for swapped engines? Or would an RX-7 FD with a 787B engine be treated the same way as an actual 787B? I'd assume in the latter case, there wouldn't be much you could do to it, except maybe install a medium-RPM turbo.

I mean, not that an Ultra-High-RPM turbo is any good outside of say, drag races and ovals.

Last edited:

2 sides to each coin. By your arguement, what's the point in having anything other than a single cars that is required for each event? We could squish that car list down to ~75 cars I reckon.

Likewise, having a 180SX with a GTR Nismo engine in it may now make it competitive in some of the higher PP events that it wasn't before. I don't know, as I don't have one, but just speculating.

The whole point as I see it is to have choice, and to have fun doing it. You can make custom races if you want, or race online with friends - the single player Inthis game is somewhat flawed from the starting lights because of the AI and the chase the rabbit mechanics. If you start to go down the route of "what's the point in X if Y" then GT7 becomes a terrible game for you - and I for one don't want that for me.

I enjoy it, warts and all.

2 sides to each coin. By your arguement, what's the point in having anything other than a single cars that is required for each event? We could squish that car list down to ~75 cars I reckon.

Likewise, having a 180SX with a GTR Nismo engine in it may now make it competitive in some of the higher PP events that it wasn't before. I don't know, as I don't have one, but just speculating.

The whole point as I see it is to have choice, and to have fun doing it. You can make custom races if you want, or race online with friends - the single player Inthis game is somewhat flawed from the starting lights because of the AI and the chase the rabbit mechanics. If you start to go down the route of "what's the point in X if Y" then GT7 becomes a terrible game for you - and I for one don't want that for me.

I enjoy it, warts and all.
Fair enough. I think engine swaps could be a lot of fun, especially putting that Porsche engine into a Samba Bus.

Huh, good to know. So are there special parts for swapped engines? Or would an RX-7 FD with a 787B engine be treated the same way as an actual 787B? I'd assume in the latter case, there wouldn't be much you could do to it, except maybe install a medium-RPM turbo.

I mean, not that an Ultra-High-RPM turbo is any good outside of say, drag races and ovals.
Yes, the FD with the R26B is treated as if it's a 787b. It only gets the same upgrade as the 787b which is the medium turbo.

However, and take this with a massive grain of salt as I've heard this secondhand, if you have a NA with the 13B (FD engine) swapped in, you can use the Ultra High RPM on the 13B in the NA. It's my understanding that roulette parts tied to a certain car's engine are tied to the engine and not the car. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Last edited:
Yes, the FD with the R26B is treated as if it's a 787b. It only gets the same upgrade as the 787b which is the medium turbo.

However, and take this with a massive grain of salt as I've heard this secondhand, if you have a NA with the 13B (FD engine) swapped in, you can use the Ultra High RPM on the 13B in the NA. It's my understanding that roulette parts tied to a certain car's engine are tied to the engine and not the car. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
I was wondering this-

Especially with motors like the 2jz, 13b, vr38, etc. that have S" parts available.

Also, vr38 for example- one buddy has ultra high turbo for the safety car (who wants that)

Other friend has VR38DETT swapped 180sx,
Would that turbo fit that car bcause same engine? Or would itneed to be for the nismo car, not the safety car?

Either way, some swaps are already op, the thought of S parts as well is just insane-

We all the odds are against us as it is, much less get s parts for an engine we have, or even obtaining and engine that has S parts.

Back