Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
First I’ve heard of it 🤔
Really? I say it a lot, because it's true.

Tickets are predetermined. You will always get the same prize from the same ticket - which you can see by pulling the ticket and then rebooting before the game saves then pulling it again. Whether it's a preset list or not is unknown, but it seems to work exactly like GT Sport's roulette, which worked exactly like GT5's Used Car Dealer, which was a 4-billion day long preset list.

What @p78 is saying is that - like GT Sport - if new cars coming to the game and being inserted into the list from which the tickets draw the prizes changes the list, it will change the prize that the ticket draws.

Really? I say it a lot, because it's true.

Tickets are predetermined. You will always get the same prize from the same ticket - which you can see by pulling the ticket and then rebooting before the game saves then pulling it again. Whether it's a preset list or not is unknown, but it seems to work exactly like GT Sport's roulette, which worked exactly like GT5's Used Car Dealer, which was a 4-billion day long preset list.

What @p78 is saying is that - like GT Sport - if new cars coming to the game and being inserted into the list from which the tickets draw the prizes changes the list, it will change the prize that the ticket draws.
I see. So the ticket you win produces the same prize regardless of whether you spin it immediately, or save it to spin at a later date, unless the prize list adjusts for new additions. And the prize itself is not random, but predetermined.

Although it would be cool to be able to save tickets for specific days that determine the prize. That’s what I was thinking for a moment!

Thanks for the explanation 🙂

Last edited:
seeing if engines are more likely in the menu book stages or just completely random. So far, nada.
I still haven't completed the menu books, I'm taking my time with the "campaign", but so far I've only seen one engine. It was in a 4-star ticket and I was given 10k Cr. instead.

Initially I was tracking what prizes i was given with each ticket, for a later review I was going to do of the game but I gave up on it. I stopped tracking ticket prizes around the 20th menu book.

I have won one engine. VR38DETT-GTR-NISMO. A carbon ceramic brake kit for the Radical SR3, titanium connecting rods & pistons and racing crankshaft for Clio R.S. 220 Trophy. A racing silencer for Mazda RX-8 Spirit R. That's all so far.
Install the rods on the Clio and see how much HP it has maxed out. I know it's 411 without the rods, which is very impressive for a hot hatch.

I got these rods for the DB11 and it increased the HP by 50 so I assume it will be similar for the Clio
Proportionally, yes. The Clio has a smaller engine with fewer cylinders, so it won’t quite be a 50BHP increase. Shouldn’t, anyway.

I’m not too sure about the PD logic of different rods and pistons creating extra power, though. They’re normally used to increase an engines ability to hold boost, or in the case of lightweight titanium ones increase the engines ability to rev (less inertia).

Last edited:
I see. So the ticket you win produces the same prize regardless of whether you spin it immediately, or save it to spin at a later date, unless the prize list adjusts for new additions. And the prize itself is not random, but predetermined.

Although it would be cool to be able to save tickets for specific days that determine the prize. That’s what I was thinking for a moment!

Thanks for the explanation 🙂
Just a note: changes to the prize list most likely does not affect tickets you already have, as the reward seems calculated when you receive it.
A previous update replaced the 5,000 Cr bronze credit reward for 4-star tickets with 10,000 Cr, but you could still redeem a ticket you had received before the update and get 5,000 Cr.

I say "most likely" only because there's a slim chance that it works differently for things other than credits.

And also another note: all cars* only have 1 swap so far. (Well, or no swaps, obviously.)
The Volkswagen 1200 swap seen in the State of Play trailer was replaced with the different one we have now prior to the game's release: no-one has actually ever got that engine.

Last edited:
ddm
Just a note: changes to the prize list most likely does not affect tickets you already have, as the reward seems calculated when you receive it.
A previous update replaced the 5,000 Cr bronze credit reward for 4-star tickets with 10,000 Cr, but you could still redeem a ticket you had received before the update and get 5,000 Cr.

I say "most likely" only because there's a slim chance that it works differently for things other than credits.

And also another note: all engines only have 1 swap so far.
The Volkswagen 1200 swap seen in the State of Play trailer was replaced with the different one we have now prior to the game's release: no-one has actually ever got that engine.
Thank you, that makes sense.

Makes you wonder whether PD deliberately held back certain swaps. The inclusion of the Nismo R35 engine in an update might point to that.

Ok so there is either a new engine swap that the R32 Gtr can accept or there is some sort of tuning hack. Was just in a lobby with a R32 and he was keeping up with my Lt1 Miata on straights. He left the lobby before I could ask him. 🤔

Ok so there is either a new engine swap that the R32 Gtr can accept or there is some sort of tuning hack. Was just in a lobby with a R32 and he was keeping up with my Lt1 Miata on straights. He left the lobby before I could ask him. 🤔
There is some weird glitch that makes cars go quicker than usual. Someone spoke about it in this thread.

There is some weird glitch that makes cars go quicker than usual. Someone spoke about it in this thread.
Ahh ok, thank you. I've put in some serious hours in online lobbies and this is the first time I've seen it. He must've hit 240+mph on the Tokyo East straight.

Ahh ok, thank you. I've put in some serious hours in online lobbies and this is the first time I've seen it. He must've hit 240+mph on the Tokyo East straight.
Tbf though it might actually be possible for the R32 GTR to hit 240+ with all the right mods and a good tune. Providing they got lucky with the roulette and got the ultra turbo etc

Install the rods on the Clio and see how much HP it has maxed out. I know it's 411 without the rods, which is very impressive for a hot hatch.
I just realized the tuning parts are for a '15 model. I only have the '16 model.

Edit:

So bought and tuned the '15. It had 410 BHP, so 1 less less than newer model and weighs 966 kg, whereas the '16 model weighs 987 kg. The titanium connecting rods took the '15 model all the way upto 423 BHP. So it's now lighter and has more power. Thanks guys. There's a possibility there are high compression pistons which might boost the BHP a bit more. How to get them is though is unknown.

Last edited:
I just realized the tuning parts are for a '15 model. I only have the '16 model.

Edit:

So bought and tuned the '15. It had 410 BHP, so 1 less less than newer model and weighs 966 kg, whereas the '16 model weighs 987 kg. The titanium connecting rods took the '15 model all the way upto 423 BHP. So it's now lighter and has more power. Thanks guys. There's a possibility there are high compression pistons which might boost the BHP a bit more. How to get them is though is unknown.
That thing would be (less than) a tonne of fun! I might have to tune mine up a bit more, it's not even over 350hp I don't think.

Edit:

Titanium is much lighter than steel, as well. So this would theoretically allow the engine to rev higher than with stock rods and pistons. Also, higher compression would make the revs rise and fall quicker with a stab of the throttle. So there are a few tangible differences apart from a peak BHP increase that we’d hope PD have built into the game 🙂

Edit:

Nice! Although, I'm starting to wonder if a 13HP boost should be locked behind roulettes in the first place...

Tbf though it might actually be possible for the R32 GTR to hit 240+ with all the right mods and a good tune. Providing they got lucky with the roulette and got the ultra turbo etc
Oh ok, I haven't really drove the R32 yet so I am unfamiliar with the car. It was definitely the fastest one I've seen though...by far.

One more thing about that random ticket theory. In GTS new cars are added and when i would restart a new game, my prize cars changed in Circuit Experience, Driving school and the missions. However, I forget the update, that all came to a halt and no matter all the restarts I did until GT7 came out, the cars remained the same.
Now, we can't delete games and restart and i've started playing again, on one of my alts. PD may have fixed handing out prize cars and added new cars probably doesn't have a bearing on what we get, as we'll never know a difference. Since we can't restart the game.

One thing I did notice with my alt, I got all red ticket one start roulettes. From my daily ticket through the completion prize, all 2,000 Cr. prizes. That was six tickets in a row. Meanwhile, on my main account, I've gotten two 1,000,000 tickets(plus, the "I'm sorry." Kaz kiss and make up 1,000,000 credits), and a few 500,000 tickets and various cars & parts prizes. Might just be some players have a lucky draw of where they fall in programming.

So, I may never get an engine.

One last thing, anyone have a Crown? Are there any four cylinder compatible engines?

One more thing about that random ticket theory. In GTS new cars are added and when i would restart a new game, my prize cars changed in Circuit Experience, Driving school and the missions. However, I forget the update, that all came to a halt and no matter all the restarts I did until GT7 came out, the cars remained the same.
Now, we can't delete games and restart and i've started playing again, on one of my alts. PD may have fixed handing out prize cars and added new cars probably doesn't have a bearing on what we get, as we'll never know a difference. Since we can't restart the game.

One thing I did notice with my alt, I got all red ticket one start roulettes. From my daily ticket through the completion prize, all 2,000 Cr. prizes. That was six tickets in a row. Meanwhile, on my main account, I've gotten two 1,000,000 tickets(plus, the "I'm sorry." Kaz kiss and make up 1,000,000 credits), and a few 500,000 tickets and various cars & parts prizes. Might just be some players have a lucky draw of where they fall in programming.

So, I may never get an engine.

One last thing, anyone have a Crown? Are there any four cylinder compatible engines?
A friend has been getting high end prize cars and parts while I've been getting the lowest cash prize on the wheel for ages. It's purely random/luck.

On my alt I was getting just the 1-star tickets but they've started to ramp up a little since about the 6th menu book.

A friend has been getting high end prize cars and parts while I've been getting the lowest cash prize on the wheel for ages. It's purely random/luck.

On my alt I was getting just the 1-star tickets but they've started to ramp up a little since about the 6th menu book.
I went pretty much through the menus without any remarkable wins, then a short period of time in which I won 2 787B engines and a few big credit prizes. Now I’m back to winning scraps of 10,000 credits etc 😐

I went pretty much through the menus without any remarkable wins, then a short period of time in which I won 2 787B engines and a few big credit prizes. Now I’m back to winning scraps of 10,000 credits etc 😐

I also won 2 787B engines in a relatively short period. If you also get a 2015 Civic Type R engine soon, please let me know!

I also won 2 787B engines in a relatively short period. If you also get a 2015 Civic Type R engine soon, please let me know!
That would be nice! The third (and most current) engine I won was an LT1 IIRC. That was a while ago. Nothing since.

That would be nice! The third (and most current) engine I won was an LT1 IIRC. That was a while ago. Nothing since.

Ahh dang, if there was some long list of possible rewards, I’d have thought that 2x 787B would not be so close together and thus we might have been at the same point along that supposed list. Either it could happen more often in that list, or that (partially) debunks there being any list involved.

Last edited:
Ahh dang, if there was some long list of possible rewards, I’d have thought that 2x 787B would not be so close together and thus we might have been at the same point along that supposed list. Either it could happen more often in that list, or that (partially) debunks there being any list involved.
Yeah, I get your logic.

Interestingly there’s a similar thing with the S Parts. Stroke Up S for the NSX Type R ‘02 seems to be a really common prize (as far as reading GTP can tell us).

It would be great to somehow decipher the pattern, but something tells me it’d be near impossible, even if there was a cycle.

Yeah, I get your logic.

Interestingly there’s a similar thing with the S Parts. Stroke Up S for the NSX Type R ‘02 seems to be a really common prize (as far as reading GTP can tell us).

It would be great to somehow decipher the pattern, but something tells me it’d be near impossible, even if there was a cycle.
Interesting. I won the 2JZ twice in one week. Both from 4-star tickets. Also the NSX Type R '02 Stroke Up S at some point.

Edit:// this info might not really contribute to deciphering anything, but sure seems like a list fed thing to me.

Last edited:
Nice! Although, I'm starting to wonder if a 13HP boost should be locked behind roulettes in the first place...

I know exactly what you are saying. I can understand that totally. Low HP boost is not a major increase really but it's nice. I could understand anything over 30HP - 50HP being an acceptable roulette prize though. Thoughts anyone ?

Last edited:
Back