Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 550 comments
GT7 requires a bit over 100GBs on PS4, and I think I saw that to do updates, the PS4 needs about the same in free space.

So if you’ve got north of say 220GBs free, you should be good.

If not, then there are three choices I know of. Delete some stuff. Replace the internal drive with a larger one. Or, and I like this one, add an external drive to install games on.

I took the last of these options, and chose to use an SSD instead of a hard drive. Load times are vastly improved AND I have plenty of storage capacity. I recommend never skimping on storage capacity. Life is simpler when you’re not shoe-horning.
Thank you for the answer. I found out last night it will apparently fit with no problem. The game finally finished downloading after about 6 hours. When I looked at specs on the PS4 Pro I think it said it came with 10TB?? of memory. I didn't look up how many GB is in a TB but it sounded like enough to me. :) :) Especially since this is only the 3rd game I will have on my PS4 Pro. If it can't hold at least that much what's even the point of having digitally download able games? You would have to delete old games before downloading new ones. I think Polyphony should have given us a PS4 disc also so that the entire game didn't have to be downloaded via the interweb. It would have taken about 100 of the music rally's to keep me occupied during the download if that was their intent.

Nope. Not even parts.
They also make you dream showing you "limited time special offers" for super duper cars in the dealership.
It's all a system to make you think about buying credits with real money.

Yes, you go to GT Auto -> livery editor -> create design -> racing options (or whatever it is in the english version, the checkered flag icon)
Ive opened up GT auto but nothing in there to let me paint the car or anything,maybe i have to unlock something else or am i just being dumb!lol

Ive opened up GT auto but nothing in there to let me paint the car or anything,maybe i have to unlock something else or am i just being dumb!lol
I don't remember if I had to unlock anything other than the GT Auto section itself, but when I open it I see 3 choices: maintenance and assistance, car customization, racing gear. What you're looking for is in car customization, and then livery editor and follow the other steps I wrote above

Sorry couldn't seem to find the answer I wanted regarding Roulette tickets.

Do I have to push a button to make the spinner stop or is it just a complete random event?

Thanks

Im really bummed t500rs and clubsport wont work with ps5, guess I might have to try sell them and look into a new wheel pedal combo
Check out this thread

I turned off the Cone markers during the initiation, and I can't figure out how to get them back. The only options on the pre race screens are Braking Zone and Brake Indicator

Edit... Currently playing campaign and licences, not unlocked sport mode yet

Last edited:
I don't remember if I had to unlock anything other than the GT Auto section itself, but when I open it I see 3 choices: maintenance and assistance, car customization, racing gear. What you're looking for is in car customization, and then livery editor and follow the other steps I wrote above
Cheers for the info.I had a look on youtube and i need to do a few more races to unlock the option,at the moment all thats showing is GT auto itself.👍

I have a question, where is my pre-order stuff?
When did you order it?

Also how will everything be setup in Campaign mode? Will there be a beginner,amateur,profeesional section or will it be different this time? Idk when i'll purchase it, cause I'm wrapping up GT sport. I need to practice doing laps on each track and get the lowest time that way i'll be able to win online races or get a good time in the online time trial.

Last edited:
Q: I am about to install GT7 launch ed. on my PS5, having said that, how do I go about getting the Ferrari Testarossa & drive it on the Nurburgring , in a timely fashion? can I get there in 12 hours?
A: Just Have fun , everyone! we are soo fortunate.

Last edited:
Q: I am about to install GT7 launch ed. on my PS5, having said that, how do I go about getting the Ferrari Testarossa & drive it on the Nurburgring , in a timely fashion? can I get there in 12 hours?
A: Just Have fun , everyone! we are soo fortunate.
Not really, no. It's not a cheap car, there's no direct way to win one, and it takes a while to complete Menu Book 21 to unlock the Nurburgring.

Apropos of that question, and others posted in this thread, this isn't the thread for just literally any question you can think of. This is for suggesting questions you think might be asked often enough across enough people to qualify as a Frequently Asked Question.

Yes i did that i set it to weak from the console and from the game but is still to strong...thanks anyway👍
You can do it in the controller settings in the game itself, you don’t have to do it through the console settings itself

The Fittipaldi EF7, both Mercedes W08s, the special dirty version of the Audi R8 2011, and the "LH" DLC version of the Mercedes-AMG Vision GT.

When you complete Menu Book 4. And completing Menu Book 4.
Thank you. :)

What are you guys taking about with a widebody kit? One for any car you purchase or something else?

What are you guys taking about with a widebody kit? One for any car you purchase or something else?
I've just posted this:
Apropos of that question, and others posted in this thread, this isn't the thread for just literally any question you can think of. This is for suggesting questions you think might be asked often enough across enough people to qualify as a Frequently Asked Question.
We have an entire forum for this. Use the search function, and find a thread for it - or even an answer - and if you can't, make a thread for it.

That aside, it's a feature that's been talked about for over a month, and it's a direct part of gameplay - you are straight up forced to do it in Menu Book 28, but you're also told about it in Menu Book 8.

You can fit widebody kits to cars. You go to GT Auto, pick "Widebody" and you get a widebody kit for your car. That's what people are talking about.

I've just posted this:

We have an entire forum for this. Use the search function, and find a thread for it - or even an answer - and if you can't, make a thread for it.

That aside, it's a feature that's been talked about for over a month, and it's a direct part of gameplay - you are straight up forced to do it in Menu Book 28, but you're also told about it in Menu Book 8.

You can fit widebody kits to cars. You go to GT Auto, pick "Widebody" and you get a widebody kit for your car. That's what people are talking about.
Ok, thanks for the feedback, will keep in mind!

You can do it in the controller settings in the game itself, you don’t have to do it through the console settings itself

I've tried both ways but still even on weak inside the game settings the brake trigger is still to stiff,so I switched it off.

I've tried both ways but still even on weak inside the game settings the brake trigger is still to stiff,so I switched it off.
Oh oops I glanced over that part, lol

Last edited:
Here's how to unlock ALL the things, in case anyone still wondered:

I turned off the Cone markers during the initiation, and I can't figure out how to get them back. The only options on the pre race screens are Braking Zone and Brake Indicator

Edit... Currently playing campaign and licences, not unlocked sport mode yet
As for the "cones " GT7 does not have them, only the driving line and apex markers

Is there an in-game clock that shows how much time has been played?
Look in the my page stats...

I got the £69.99 version in the UK which covered PS4 and PS5.

iirc the more expensive version was the one that gives you 1 million credits and some different extra cars (my version I got the Mazda concept thing, TOM's Supra and something else which I can't remember right now).

I got the credits + 4 very nice cars and I bought the regular version. Although I should have got the anniversary edition...but it seems like I may have gotten it's bonus items. I definitely have regular because I just double checked.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any answer for this elsewhere, sorry if it's been addressed. How often does the used car lot refresh? And does everybody have the same lot? I noticed some cars will be sold out or have "limited stock"? Is this from other people buying them? Thanks!

I couldn't find any answer for this elsewhere, sorry if it's been addressed. How often does the used car lot refresh? And does everybody have the same lot? I noticed some cars will be sold out or have "limited stock"? Is this from other people buying them? Thanks!

I've seen it updating in realtime... I don't know if I just happened to be in the section as they pushed an update for the cars or not though.

Im also not sure about whether others buying something effects our game but I'd also love to know.

Back