Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
I think no matter how it's framed, it's still resources put into a VGT instead of something else
If there was something else to put resources into, they could as well. They can model almost twice as many cars as they are modelling.

So, they can do 5 cars per month if they wanted to. They're just choosing not to.
This isn't really a bad thing. If they don't save up cars for GT8, imagine the mess when people discover GT8 doesn't have many new cars over GT7.

It is, however, a bad thing to drop a big update that boosts player count a lot, then go silent for months, and then drop a disappointing 2 car update.

I don’t really have a public opinion when it comes to updates but couldn’t help myself this time. This update stinks! 😆 I only hope they add wild g wagon and defender body kits for the jimny and not just a simple lip and skirt. I fear i am already getting my hopes too high…

So in other words, they are lazy and/or not having enough commitment for GT7.
No. There's no other words needed.

I don't know why the car pipeline isn't anywhere near its capacity, and I don't have any reason to assume it's because they're "lazy" or don't have "enough commitment". You can, of course, assume whatever you wish.

So, they can do 5 cars per month if they wanted to. They're just choosing not to.
Similarly, I don't know that it's a choice either.
Maybe you have more information than me, but it seems more believable to me that they are modeling around 60 cars per year, and saving around half for their next game.
"I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don't think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go."

That was, of course, during GT Sport in 2019, and we can very much say that they stopped adding cars into Sport over its final year and launched GT7 with about 80 more than Sport ended with.

However, the last track update was December 2019 and the final three-car update arrived in February 2020 - with only sponsor cars arriving thereafter (three Toyotas and the RX-Vision GT3). From then until GT7's launch was two years, giving enough time to model 120 cars. Only 80 in that time still shows they were not working to 100% capacity even in this period.

It's simply not safe to assume they're flat-out and modelling Vision GTs instead of other things.

These are the cars they've added to the game that get in the way of whatever car it is someone is pining for...

1932 Ford Roadster '63
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67
Aston Martin Valkyrie '21
Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19
BMW M2 Competition '18
Bugatti Chiron '16
Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20
Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70
Honda/Dallara SF23 Super Formula '23
Toyota/Dallara SF23 Super Formula '23
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68
Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87
Garage RCR Civic
Greening Auto Company Maverick
Honda Civic Type R (FL5) '22
Honda RA272 '65
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Lexus LFA '10
Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54
Maserati MC20 '20
Maserati Merak SS '80
Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
Mazda3 Gr.4
Mazda3 X Burgundy Selection '19
McLaren MP4/4 '88
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
NISMO 400R '95
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '96
Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94
Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R NISMO (R32) '90
Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84
Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
Porsche 918 Spyder '13
Porsche 959 '87
Porsche Carrera GTS (904) '64
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
Roadster Shop Rampage
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
Subaru BRZ S '21
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Suzuki Jimny XC '18
Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98
Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge '18
Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95
Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Volkswagen ID. R '19

Yet the ones that seem to take up all PD's resources, are these...

BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo
Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo
Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Off-road Mode
Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Street Mode
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)

I'm not buying that logic.

Last edited:
It's also a completely free update.

As was every other GT7 update and the vast majority weren’t greatly received either.
For example:
I don’t really have a public opinion when it comes to updates but couldn’t help myself this time. This update stinks! 😆 I only hope they add wild g wagon and defender body kits for the jimny and not just a simple lip and skirt. I fear i am already getting my hopes too high…
This is why I said in my previous post in this string I can understand if PD decided to do nothing.

For a free update - and all of them have been free - the amount of disdain/dislike/disappointment expressed in these forums is by percentage gargantuan.

Abrasive Move Activated

Keep that same energy when the updates stop.

/ABRASIVE MODE

It's also a completely free update.
Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

You can’t say things like that on here!!

These are the cars they've added to the game that get in the way of whatever car it is someone is pining for...

1932 Ford Roadster '63
Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19
BMW M2 Competition '18
Bugatti Chiron '16
Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70
Garage RCR Civic
Honda RA272 '65
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Lexus LFA '10
Lexus LFA '10
Maserati MC20 '20
Maserati Merak SS '80
Mazda3 Gr.4
McLaren MP4/4 '88
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
NISMO 400R '95
PPontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69
Porsche 918 Spyder '13
Porsche 959 '87
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
Roadster Shop Rampage
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
Subaru BRZ S '21
Suzuki Jimny XC '18
Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Volkswagen ID. R '19

Mazda3 Gr.4 is a debatable one tbh, because of it being a fictional race car (albeit based on an existing road model and partially combined from existing race cars). Remember the sentiment against fictional Gr.4/Gr.3 cars?

EDIT: Also, note the sentiment against supposed "duplicate" cars too (the 2018 GT-R GT3 got a bad one for this at launch).

Last edited:

1932 Ford Roadster '63
Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19
BMW M2 Competition '18
Bugatti Chiron '16
Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70
Garage RCR Civic
Honda RA272 '65
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Lexus LFA '10
Lexus LFA '10
Maserati MC20 '20
Maserati Merak SS '80
Mazda3 Gr.4
McLaren MP4/4 '88
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
NISMO 400R '95
PPontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69
Porsche 918 Spyder '13
Porsche 959 '87
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
Roadster Shop Rampage
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
Subaru BRZ S '21
Suzuki Jimny XC '18
Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Volkswagen ID. R '19

I also question how much of the heavy lifting PD is doing with regards to the Vision cars. I suspect that some or even most of the digital asset creation is done by the company company who creates them. And a lot of them don't have interiors.

Last edited:
Something that we should be getting past by this point, but will have factored in at the time, is that during the Covid lockdowns Polyphony would have had to burn through their stockpile of content while not being able to scan new cars to add to it.

My guess is that they're building that stockpile back up until they are back to a point of being comfortable. Something perhaps like for every 3 car update, 2 more get added to the stockpile.

Covid will have had an effect on new circuit production too for similar reasons. And not just going places to scan stuff, but even being able to go into the PD offices.

This is of course just a theory / potential explanation for what could be going on.

Last edited:
So in other words, they are lazy and/or not having enough commitment for GT7.
Or there are instructions/plans based on the live service model or actions for preventing crunch?? There are more things that could be around besides being lazy🤔🤔

Last edited:
This isn't really a bad thing. If they don't save up cars for GT8, imagine the mess when people discover GT8 doesn't have many new cars over GT7.
I can understand that, but this isn't something I prefer. I liked it more when content was pushed full force in a game (not just GT) for 2 years (or however long they want to support the current game) and then just dropped to shift that focus to the next game. Yes, that leads into a drought, but I would prefer that to being drip-fed for several years.

Similarly, I don't know that it's a choice either.
Not a choice? hmmm, is it possible that they're forced to do this?

Last edited:
For example:

This is why I said in my previous post in this string I can understand if PD decided to do nothing.

For a free update - and all of them have been free - the amount of disdain/dislike/disappointment expressed in these forums is by percentage gargantuan.

Abrasive Move Activated

Keep that same energy when the updates stop.

/ABRASIVE MODE
If nothing was said, PD would probably continue at the rate and we would have to pretend to be highly ecstatic every single time whilst wishing otherwise.

Nothing wrong with expressing disappointment - it’s just something shared heavily among the GTPlanet community it seems.

To be honest. For me people are overreacting. Last year we didn't get January update at all first one was on Februrary, sooooo after Holiday break (which all people deserve!) we've got small update. It is better than nothing don't you think?
Don't you know people want monthly 20 cars and 5 tracks for free because they bought GT7 🤪

Last edited:
If nothing was said, PD would probably continue at the rate and we would have to pretend to be highly ecstatic every single time whilst wishing otherwise.
Fair enough, but this is a double-edged sword. More on that in a bit.
Nothing wrong with expressing disappointment - it’s just something shared heavily among the GTPlanet community it seems.
Agreed, but this can come at a cost.

The continual gripes - if taken seriously - will trigger a cost/benefit analysis. Should any company see the flood of gripes based on free updates or any free service that comes after purchase of the product on a constant basis, they can and often will make the following business decision:

Customers don't like it and it costs overhead. Cease producing updates. The customers may continue to complain, but we won't continue to run up overhead costs.

For those who complain about these free updates like it's an Olympic event, kindly read the previous paragraph again.
To be honest. For me people are overreacting. Last year we didn't get January update at all first one was on Februrary, sooooo after Holiday break (which all people deserve!) we've got small update. It is better than nothing don't you think?
Preach.
Don't you know people want monthly 20 cars and 5 tracks for free because they bought GT7 🤪
Ok, this made me snarf . . . and was a needed guffaw.

For whatever reason, the complaints must have hit a nerve on this Revengel today.

Granted all this is my opinion. I may well be wrong.

I’m not really bothered by the cars, but the pitiful amount of new races is just a complete joke after almost three months of waiting, especially on the back of Spec II that added so many.
Spec II also added improved payouts for custom races, they are now pretty much on par with normal races. I think you should try this.

I might sound like a idiot but I really think that the Genesis X is the best looking VGT of all time along with the Mercedes VGT, it just looks so good.
You're not an idiot, I'm really excited to take that car for a spin tomorrow (while also making haters uncontrollably seethe at the same time 😂)!!

You're not an idiot, I'm really excited to take that car for a spin tomorrow (while also making haters uncontrollably seethe at the same time 😂)!!
I will try it also.

And I am excited that Monza got another world event even if it is VGT one :)

Also I think there are plenty of exciting updates for us waiting. The same thing about the end of GT7 was talked when ambulance update came out and later we've got awesome Spec II update. I think we will get nice thing later this year. For me it is just a game I will wait.

Spec II also added improved payouts for custom races, they are now pretty much on par with normal races. I think you should try this.
Custom races are fine, but they’re not some silver bullet. While finally increasing the payouts is nice, there’s still issues like the AI always being stuck at 95% throttle and only using a car’s original tire compound. Making custom grids can be a PITA too if you want specific cars from the Used and Legends dealers.

Additionally, now that this game is almost two years old, it’s honestly baffling to me that not a single new championship has ever been added and no new endurance races either since Human Comedy.

Back