Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
For a free update - and all of them have been free - the amount of disdain/dislike/disappointment expressed in these forums is by percentage gargantuan.
It really is mildly ridiculous. I play GT7 a few times a week if I'm able, and I always enjoy myself. It's nice logging in every so often to see a few new cars and an occasional track or gameplay improvement, but I really don't understand why so many people here live and die by these updates. If you were paying for it via a season pass or something I get it, but if you don't like the free update, just wait a month for the next free update.

Thing is, many players feel They shouldn’t have to create their own ways to have fun. The way past games are, races and challenges are plenty and replayable. Whether by Championships or endurance races, earlier games kept players busy.
GT7 just doesn’t have events that cover all types of players.

Should any company see the flood of gripes based on free updates or any free service that comes after purchase of the product on a constant basis, they can and often will make the following business decision:

Customers don't like it and it costs overhead. Cease producing updates. The customers may continue to complain, but we won't continue to run up overhead costs.
Maybe but if you offer less and less each time, the success of your products won't last, past successes and nostalgia are not enough to warrant blind adhesion from player base (in case of a video game). GT franchise is not too big too fail.

Do I get a free Mazda with the update tomorrow?

View attachment 1322125
THAT WATCH IS HOT. And this from someone who's favorite watch in the collection is a Movado Saphire.
Maybe but if you offer less and less each time, the success of your products won't last, past successes and nostalgia are not enough to warrant blind adhesion from player base (in case of a video game). GT franchise is not too big too fail.
This is the Cost/Benefit analysis in a nutshell. When the approach becomes "make the game with whatever number of cars are available and don't add anything after launch" they may have smaller continuing revenue . . . but they'll certainly have greatly reduced ongoing costs moving forward.

Think of how many positions they can cut without any need for updates. The only costs after game release would be for server maintenance and administrative costs . . . possibly advertising. If they want to increase revenue, just add a DLC pack for a quick influx of cash.

Tons of games have gotten away with less and continue to exist.

When the masses continue to complain about the free updates, it's another reason to push microtransactions and DLC . . . because "it's obvious free updates don't work because look at all the complaining."

One should be careful about what one complains about. They may lose that item and have it replaced with something worse . . . or nothing at all.

Just food for thought.

Got it, better praise the game studio and never raise issues, in case it gets worse 😅
Or hopefully this will go the way of the free online servers for Gran Turismo.

You don't see anyone complaining about those, do you?

Wait . . .

Ok . . . I missed my nap. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Or hopefully this will go the way of the free online servers for Gran Turismo.

You don't see anyone complaining about those, do you?
You realize that was Sony's fault for adding a paid subscription to use any online features, right? Not PD's decision?

I think there's perfectly reason to be mad about this update.

No track aside, it makes no sense to advertise the Bulgari VGT when 99.9% of the players won't get to drive it right away...then you're left with just two cars.

We don't have the patch notes yet, but looking at the post on Gran Turismo's website, the update only has these two cars, Extra Menus, and Scapes updates.
I think disappointed is the key word. People had hoped for more. “Mad” implies that PD owes us something, which they really don’t.

You realize that was Sony's fault for adding a paid subscription to use any online features, right? Not PD's decision?
Nope. That was Microsoft. They introduced gold and when Sony saw that players were willing to pay for online they did it as well. Nintendo now do it but it all goes back to Microsoft.

Nope. That was Microsoft. They introduced gold and when Sony saw that players were willing to pay for online they did it as well. Nintendo now do it but it all goes back to Microsoft.
Sony introduced the normalization of $70 games, and Microsoft and Nintendo followed.

They all want money, they'll all follow the moment someone else takes the heat for a greedy decision. But they are all individually responsible for their decisions on how much to charge people and for what. The fact that someone else did it first doesn't mean you aren't responsible for what you do. Sony is at fault for their own prices for PS+. As is Microsoft for Xbox Live Gold. And Nintendo for Switch Online.

I might sound like a idiot but I really think that the Genesis X is the best looking VGT of all time along with the Mercedes VGT, it just looks so good.
Personally I think oval shapes/curves on a car look🤮. I'm not a fan of any of the Genesis cars for this reason.

It's that ACC doesn't have VR. Because this is pretty dissapointing ...

To be honest. For me people are overreacting. Last year we didn't get January update at all first one was on Februrary, sooooo after Holiday break (which all people deserve!) we've got small update. It is better than nothing don't you think?
I actually am of the opinion that this is not better than nothing. This comes very close to "nothing". Not having any updates at all, but having clarity that this is might actually be better.

Last edited:
Additionally, now that this game is almost two years old, it’s honestly baffling to me that not a single new championship has ever been added and no new endurance races either since Human Comedy.
This is the real headliner. No new Missions since April of 2022, Version 1.13, which was when The Human Comedy was added. Do they not have a mission/gameplay designer in their studio? If they do, then surely the chase-the-rabbit event races added every update can't utilize all of their resources....

I think it's been almost a month and a half since I played GT7. Nothing interesting is being added to retain my interest. Cars and courses can only do so much.

So what was the point in referencing the Nike 2022 in GT4 since this is about VGT's in GT7?
This isn't the first time you've tried to link the Nike 2022 in GT4 and compare it to VGT's

People were expressing their thoughts on the Nike One as if it served some sort of gotcha, I expressed mine.

Just another empty complaint from you then.

Yea ok buddy

These are the cars they've added to the game that get in the way of whatever car it is someone is pining for...

1932 Ford Roadster '63
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67
Aston Martin Valkyrie '21
Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19
BMW M2 Competition '18
Bugatti Chiron '16
Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20
Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70
Honda/Dallara SF23 Super Formula '23
Toyota/Dallara SF23 Super Formula '23
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68
Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87
Garage RCR Civic
Greening Auto Company Maverick
Honda Civic Type R (FL5) '22
Honda RA272 '65
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Lexus LFA '10
Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54
Maserati MC20 '20
Maserati Merak SS '80
Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
Mazda3 Gr.4
Mazda3 X Burgundy Selection '19
McLaren MP4/4 '88
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
NISMO 400R '95
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '96
Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94
Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R NISMO (R32) '90
Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84
Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
Porsche 918 Spyder '13
Porsche 959 '87
Porsche Carrera GTS (904) '64
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
Roadster Shop Rampage
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
Subaru BRZ S '21
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Suzuki Jimny XC '18
Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98
Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge '18
Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95
Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21
Volkswagen ID. R '19

Yet the ones that seem to take up all PD's resources, are these...

BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo
Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo
Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Off-road Mode
Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Street Mode
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)

I'm not buying that logic.
Imagine if those VGT's were replaced with real cars. It would please a lot more people.

Well I'd argue that they still owe us the 24 hour races they promised in early 2022, but I don't have high hopes on that promise ever being fulfilled.

The skeptic/cynic in me wonders if the Gr. 3 race at Spa was what they were referring to. Technically, they ticked a box there with a 24hr cycle condensed into 1 hour. I share your ache for them, too.

It makes me wonder.. If there was never a public outcry at the launch due to the poor economy, would the higher payout races have ever been introduced? Were they meant to be drip fed over time too?

Things we will never know for sure..

The skeptic/cynic in me wonders if the Gr. 3 race at Spa was what they were referring to. Technically, they ticked a box there with a 24hr cycle condensed into 1 hour. I share your ache for them, too.

It makes me wonder.. If there was never a public outcry at the launch due to the poor economy, would the higher payout races have ever been introduced? Were they meant to be drip fed over time too?

Things we will never know for sure..
Do you think they kinda regret giving big rewards to Tokyo, Le Mans and Sardegna? Literally nothing else in the game comes close to them.

It got me thinking... why? The Gr.1 event at Road Atlanta is 30 minutes, but winning it only gives you 320k. Every Gr.1 car cost at least 1 million and it doesn't have the especial CRB conditions from the other 3 races, so why this race is 320k and not 550k?

There are other events that are long and a bit hard compared to Sardegna 800, like Super Formula at Autopolis and RBX2019 at Trial Mountain, both being roughly 23 minutes races and yet 1st place only gets 200k, while Sardegna is 485k.

Balacing the economy either means more credits for all races or reducing Tokyo to something like 350k, Le mans to 300k and Sardegna to 280k. It's so confusing. :confused:

Last edited:
It really is mildly ridiculous. I play GT7 a few times a week if I'm able, and I always enjoy myself. It's nice logging in every so often to see a few new cars and an occasional track or gameplay improvement, but I really don't understand why so many people here live and die by these updates. If you were paying for it via a season pass or something I get it, but if you don't like the free update, just wait a month for the next free update.
We have been conditioned to expect monthly updates and place huge importance on them.

We'll have to see what PD's plans are, but I'd much prefer substantial updates every 3-4 months, supplemented by smaller updates and QoL improvements. From a studio perspective they put lots of work into delivering Spec II in November. It's unreasonable to expect a similar update in January given the Christmas holidays and traditional January break. It's easy to say it's been three months since the last update and ignore the welfare of staff and need to keep them refreshed & motivated. In reality they've probaly only had 20-30 days in the studio since Spec II was released.

Whether it's in February, March or even April, I do think a bigger update will arrive featuring a track and some of the most desired road & race cars.

It's easy to be pessimistic but the fact PD can release Spec II & day one PSVR2 support out of the blue keeps me engaged. We just have to accept GT7 is on it's final run home with DLC support. That being the case PD may want to change things up when delivering content to maximise player retention.

Last edited:
Do you think they kinda regret giving big rewards to Tokyo, Le Mans and Sardegna? Literally nothing else in the game comes close to them.

It got me thinking... why? The Gr.1 event at Road Atlanta is 30 minutes, but winning it only gives you 320k. Every Gr.1 car cost at least 1 million and it doesn't have the especial CRB conditions from the other 3 races, so why this race is 320k and not 550k?

There are other events that are long and a bit hard compared to Sardegna 800, like Super Formula at Autopolis and RBX2019 at Trial Mountain, both being roughly 23 minutes races and yet 1st place only gets 200k, while Sardegna is 485k.

Balacing the economy either means more credits for all races or reducing Tokyo to something like 350k, Le mans to 300k and Sardegna to 280k. It's so confusing. :confused:

No idea if they regret it as I don't have any contacts at PD. However, the races did end up contradicting Kaz's earlier statement in the realm of not wanting players to mechanically grind for progression in the game. When those big race were released, those were really the only options for progressing the car collection. Even then, big grinders (such as myself) struggled to build up quickly (it took a year of 3 hours-ish per day or more).

I'm with you and many others in our community in not understanding the reward logic for the events. There doesn't seem to be a pattern which can imply no reason for their decisions. However, the later editions that you mention do seem to follow a bit of trend of being 150k - 200k per win (thinking WTC900 here too). But the big ones? Who knows.

I really wish they'd speak to the inconsistency, but c'mon.. It's PD. I've stopped kidding myself.

Yes my thoughts are that those races were a knee-jerk reaction to the outcry early on and the fact that we haven't got any similar paying events since is evidence of this.

Also the fact that PD have been trying to nerf them ever since then and like you said the fact that nothing else comes close indicates to me that they were never meant to exist.

I'm actually surprised that they never fixed the fixed CRB on these events.

Last edited:
Soooo, when does this Maintenence start? For, you know, reasons.

2. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the stability of rival cars in wet conditions.

3. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue where Player 1 would be at an advantage in 'Split Screen Race.'

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68
  ・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
  ・Garage RCR Civic
  ・Jaguar XJ220 '92
  ・Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
  ・Nismo 400R '95
  ・Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
  ・Toyota GR Supra RZ '20
  ・Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge '18
  ・Toyota Corolla Levin 2Door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83

Last edited:
The Levin. Knew we had to get a swap for that! F20C?
Also, I'm surprised about the Civic and 190 E. That should be cool.

Alphard is going to be sick. There was a V8 HiAce at Tokyo Auto Salon. Maybe it gets the SC430. That would be a sweet grind machine. ;)

Edit: Hold up! Wait a minute!
Colour package adds the Celica Rally car. Would that be the livery?

Last edited:
Back