Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
received_941628007305312.jpeg

Looks pretty ordinary. Needs to be better if they're removing the bumper.

English must not be your first language then,

when you read your post from 2022 and from now you talk about the made up cars not being of interested to you and that the Nike was completely useless.
Do you not understand the link here or are you just playing dumb to not look like an idiot?

I already gave you the response your comments warranted, this conversation is not continuing.

2 new cars, some new events , some bug like the split screen been solved.
Another car that should come in february , all that for free , bonus for an already well made game that gave me and will hours of fun .
Ok let's go to sport race A for more fun 😉✌️

Gr.3 BoP changes:
I just want you all to know I feel very silly right now, I was comparing my in-game (power in BHP) to the GT Engine 1.40 list (power in PS) when I compiled this, and I was doing the PS => BHP calculation for every single car each time to make sure it hadn't changed. Now I've just realised the site had a dropdown to switch to BHP the entire time... :banghead:

the Jimmy is fun to drive. But not for really more than the cup. The genesis however. I am quite the VGT liker. Several VGT’s are really fun to drive? But this thing? It feels like a truck. It’s absolutely horrible. Hope famine is right about the Bulgari :)

Last edited:
PD must me making a hot fix. Cant access My Page, Showcase and Sport content. I can look at the Top and News from the GT website.

The Genesis VGT is pretty fun with an awesome acceleration, but I think it's too heavy on the brakes and a tad bit understeery. Probably one the prettiest VGTs?
eseP5DY.png
G7dNAX2.png

the Bulgari interior is also pretty cool and like some VGTs there's no side mirrors. The cameras are located right behind the seats:
syZhAy1.png
wfCZon0.png

the Jimmy is fun to drive. But not for really more than the cup. The genesis however. I am quite the VGT liker. Several VGT’s are really fun to drive? But this thing? It feels like a truck. It’s absolutely horrible. Hope famine is right about the Bulgari :)
Pro tip: The Jimny takes extremely well to modifications. I got mine around Tsukuba in a little over 1:10 with some very minor mods.

Is the Genesis VGT bugged in general or something?

I just can't understand the logic of a car weighing 2300ish lbs, already having racing brakes installed, stopping like it weighs 4500 lbs? It's such a letdown for such a striking looking car to drive so terribly.

I would bet that this program would get a lot less hate if we could simply tune the cars to drive better. Obviously external mods would be out of the question, but I struggle to find a reason to not be able to adjust existing downforce or suspension or differential. It's just brutal...

I completed the Jimny menu tonight, and it really showed either how good the snow trail effects are or how bad the dirt trail effects are, depending on whether you're glass half full or half empty. At the end of the Lake Louise race there's a pretty-looking coating of snow on the left hand side of the car, whereas at the end of the Windmills race the car still looks completely pristine.

The Genesis won't save livery cahnges
It's already in the known bugs: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_5351608.html

Worst thing about this bug is that it looks like it saves, but you only find out after exiting livery editor that your livery is completely gone. Spent 30 minutes on a livery even though I knew that there was a bug, didn't know it manifested like this.. oh well

For me it feels like their is not much to play those days, outside of gt7 there is not much games i desire to,play there is few others that i really enjoyed like resident evil 4 remake, Alan wake 2, fobia st dna hotel released in the last 2 years, but it feels like i am still waiting gt7 to be more complete, still waiting for cars like ferrari 812 superfast, BMW m5 e60 and Mitsubishi lancer evolution lx, and seen a lot of community ask for those as well, and as we already seen them in datamine list its not impossible we might get them at some point,

I'm far from an expert on this, but would the servers of GT Sport now being shut down have any impact on GT7 going forward? e.g. were there members of staff still assigned to GT Sport that can now transfer over? Would there be better server reliability if Polyphony aren't having to run servers for 2 different games at the same time?
Stuff like that.

If there's anyone here who would know about these kinds of things then please share.

I'm far from an expert on this, but would the servers of GT Sport now being shut down have any impact on GT7 going forward? e.g. were there members of staff still assigned to GT Sport that can now transfer over? Would there be better server reliability if Polyphony aren't having to run servers for 2 different games at the same time?
Stuff like that.

If there's anyone here who would know about these kinds of things then please share.
Nobody except PD knows, we can only guess :D

My guess is that gt sport was in the "maintenance" stage of it's life cycle after the last content drop in 2020 (I think) and that nobody was actively working on the title anymore and already moved to newer projects.

Not sure what you mean with server stability. There are servers that host content for the games, these servers are in the amazon cloud/datacenter and are pretty stable (different companies/sites/services rely on aws and you would instantly notice when they have problems).
When you start a lobby the game uses a peer to peer setup (I think @Famine explained it in multiple threads already) and the game connects to the other players and their connection (and problems).

Not sure what you mean with server stability. There are servers that host content for the games, these servers are in the amazon cloud/datacenter and are pretty stable (different companies/sites/services rely on aws and you would instantly notice when they have problems).
Moreover about those servers, it is a service provided which can scale dynamically depending on the load, so Sony/PD probably have nothing to do to maintain those servers. If they don't provide updates anymore, the only work load it generates to them is the accountant checking how much the server provider is charging each month. When they shut down the online aspect of GTS, it mainly means less money spent, with a very tiny impact on their workforce which has already moved to other subjects long ago.

Thanks for the heads up @Milouse . I've been onto your superb site and cached my data 👍

You can access your profile data still via kudosprime.com as per the post above, I you're registered on the site.

Strange thoughts and feelings going through my head right now.

Through GTS I got to meet all the "big cheeses" at Orange Box Arena in London in 2016 on the second (public) day,
@Jordan and the top echelons of :gtpflag: including Mr "read the article" @Famine ...

My selfie moment on the stage with Kazunori is a treasured memory :)

And a shout out to all those who I met beforehand in Starbucks in the shopping centre and marched with me to the venue 👍

And being one of the first outside of Polyphony Digital to see the pre-pre demo of GTS, the rerun of the presentation

and the Lotus Evora which sadly never made it into GTS but was there to enjoy in 2016

And now I am back here for the end in 2024 (even the copyright date says its 2024...)
View attachment 1324161
So much has happened both online and in my life since 2016 (as it is with everyone I'm sure)

I definitely won't miss this though... :lol:
View attachment 1324163

Thanks for the memories GTSport, GTPlanet and look forward to many more 👍

Heads up to cache your profiles at kudosprime.com while you can (@Milouse

And also a shout out to anyone who was at the GTS unveiling in May 2016 in Londonand the meet up beforehand at Starbucks in the shopping centre. Such a long time ago, almost 8 years 😲 @Jordan was virtually still a wee bairn and I had (slightly) more hair. And Kaz was sneaking out of the venue regularly for a quick cigarette :lol:

Back