Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
I'm far from an expert on this, but would the servers of GT Sport now being shut down have any impact on GT7 going forward? e.g. were there members of staff still assigned to GT Sport that can now transfer over? Would there be better server reliability if Polyphony aren't having to run servers for 2 different games at the same time?
Stuff like that.

If there's anyone here who would know about these kinds of things then please share.

Apparently they'll start focusing on GT7's online according to this news thingy.

We would like to thank the many users of the Gran Turismo Sport online service since its first launch in 2017. From here on, we will continue to further improve the online services for the currently available title 'Gran Turismo 7' on PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®5 console.
I‘m blowing this way up With my imagination.:lol:
If PD add AI traffic to the Paddock, I’m renewing my PS+. :sly:
Nah, what these cars(R33, FD, A80) are doing, we can’t do alone.

If that’s just showcasing multiplayer with AI traffic(regardless of the slow cars as traffic for this clip), cool. If it’s linking cars together by cruising(a la Forza), that’s something that may be in a future update.

Do you think we will have a new update with content in February or will it be in March?
At least us plebs will be able to buy the Bulgari, it may serve as an update 😅 I won't even be surprised.

Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo '19 and Nissan GT-R GT500 Calsonic '19 coming to GT7?
010.jpg

011.jpg

Polyphony sound capture, images presented at CEDEC 2023, last November.

I hope so.

The curiosity remains about its categorization. Gr.3, Gr.4 or N?

I couldn't identify the white car with racing decals. It looks to me like some Super GT car, maybe a Lexus GT 500. The red car is notably a Mustang roadster.
Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo is most likely a Gr.3 car since the GT3 car and this are close enough - unless PD decides to be one make car?

that Au car is the Lexus RC F GT500 '16 - judging by the livery

Last edited:
For the Ferrari, that'll be nice to see a newer Ferrari GT race car coming to GT7 as I find the fact they kept using the 458 GT3 for Gr.3 only to be a bit odd. Don't know when or if that car will come though. If it's coming to GT7, we may have to wait a while for it.

---------

Off-topic, I decided a while ago to count all of the events in GT7 to see how many single-player events the game has.

If you count GT World, driving missions (individually), and circuit experiences; you get at the moment 154 single player events. I also in comparison counted how many single-player events exist in GT4; counting the every single driving mission, the events in each Hall, Special Condition, and even coffee breaks (since they're technically not counted towards the license tests). I got a total of 182 events.

So, based on that; GT7 is only 28 events short of Gran Turismo 4's career mode length in just counting the events. Though if I counted sets of driving missions instead of individual missions each as separate events; GT7 would then have 105 events in total (7 mission sets). And GT4 would have 153 events (5 mission sets).

With that said, GT7 in pure event count now isn't too bad in raw event count still. However, the issue is that a good chunk of the game's single-player experience is focused on the Circuit Experiences since there's 48 of those out of the total event counts.. Which feels like additional license tests to me.

GT7 just counting single player races and championship events just has 50, 58 if you count the endurance missions. Though those are just 1 and done events since you can't win money from those again. GT4 in comparison has 143 events that focus on actual racing including 16 endurance events where you can earn money and prize cars from again even after completing them.

Last edited:
How do you get that number of 143 in GT4 ?

I’ m currently trying to transpose and adapt the GT4 career to GT7 Freerace and I’ve already 400+ individual races. Whereas in GT7 we are around 200 I believe.

Last edited:
How do you get that number of 143 in GT4 ?
I counted every single event where you race against the A.I.. All special condition events, all regional halls, all leagues (beginner, professional, extreme), endurance hall, and the one-make events.

GT4 has 49 one-make events, 24 league events, 21 regional events, 33 Special Condition, and 16 endurance races. That amounts to 143 events. I count endurance races as their own thing since they're a challenge in themselves.

I didn't count every individual race though as I was just too lazy to do that.

Ok I see ; by counting individual races you can see that the gap between GT4 and GT7 is even larger.
Yup, it indeed does look that way. Holy cow.

----
If I were to guess now in retrospect, I'm thinking Polyphony Digital expected the circuit experience challenges to compensate for the lack of career events. Plus the custom race mode, which is a flawed approach to a career in my opinion.

Custom race is cool, but should not be treated as a replacement for anything and only as a bonus.

I’d think it’s part due to lack of attention for newer players. The hour long races in this game just have weaker payouts. However, I just can see new players sticking it out for nine hours at Tsukuba, in an MX-5. I could probably do it, but it’s a different car culture today than the GT4 era.

Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo '19 and Nissan GT-R GT500 Calsonic '19 coming to GT7?
View attachment 1324519

Polyphony sound capture, images presented at CEDEC 2023, last November.

oh god! I am hyped! I hope we will get 488 GTE or GT3 tough. Challenge would be nice but it would not fit into group 3 in my opinion.

oh god! I am hyped! I hope we will get 488 GTE or GT3 tough. Challenge would be nice but it would not fit into group 3 in my opinion.
Honestly better than no 488 (there was a rumour about the GTE variant a while ago?) , even FM has the Challenge '17 not Evo as "GT" aswell the GTE but as i said above they are close enough just the Challange Evo is heavier but under Gr.3 BoP that is meaningless anyway

or it can be the 488 GTE variant but they recorded Challenge Evo sound instead? 🤔

Last edited:
Honestly better than no 488 (there was a rumour about the GTE variant a while ago?) , even FM has the Challenge '17 not Evo as "GT" aswell the GTE but as i said above they are close enough just the Challange Evo is heavier but under Gr.3 BoP that is meaningless anyway

or it can be the 488 GTE variant but they recorded Challenge Evo sound instead? 🤔
I hope that is the case. Sound recording. But yeah… any 488 race car would be great.

...Will we ever get 140+ events/400+ races full of variety again? That is the real question here.

'Cause Kaz doesn't seem to want to do this type of massive career mode since GT5. =/
GT4 is an anomaly in terms of being 400+, so I very much doubt we'll get that many again. From my count, GT4 is 543, the next highest is GT3 at 337.

The entire rest of the series, barring GT1 and GT5* which are lower, are in the 200s-low 300s range. I have GT7 at 274, not including the limited time Special Event races.

*Not counting B-spec. GT5 A-spec is actually really barren when you go back and look at it, lots of events but a lot of those events only have 1 or 2 races in them.

GT4 is an anomaly in terms of being 400+, so I very much doubt we'll get that many again. From my count, GT4 is 543, the next highest is GT3 at 337.

The entire rest of the series, barring GT1 and GT5* which are lower, are in the 200s-low 300s range. I have GT7 at 274, not including the limited time Special Event races.

*Not counting B-spec. GT5 A-spec is actually really barren when you go back and look at it, lots of events but a lot of those events only have 1 or 2 races in them.
One of many reasons GT5 is at the very bottom of my list. In fact I nearly didn't buy it at all*...

GT4 on the other hand felt bloated (and GT5 carried, quite literally, some of that bloat and just ran with it) and at times disjointed.

From the couple of dozen races buried in the manufacturers (3,000cr for 3 laps of Tsukuba in a Subaru 360; where do I sign up!) to the ridiculous slogs like Formula GT (15 races averaging 70 minutes, 100k for a win and a 3m championship bonus...), there was a lot of not very good.

And lest we forget, GT4 still had no day/night cycles and six-car grids. Speaking as someone who repeatedly did the three 24-hour endurance races - with a whole five AI opponents and in perpetual daylight, for at most 1.2m credits) - myself... that just ain't it.

I'd take them in GT7 with weather, night, 15+ opponents, and quick resume. Except we don't have them...

It's part of why I always felt GT3 was better. The game was the right size; enough to do everything once before the next one came out without running out or having to make it a second 8hr-a-day job.

I've not completed everything in GT7 yet, but come the second anniversary I will have. That's about the right size too, although maybe a bit small (especially on The 39, which ends just as it gets started) and obviously too slow to payout for the value of the cars it wants (and logs, in two locations) you to get.

*In fact I actually didn't at launch... a friend sent me a copy as a gift!

Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo is most likely a Gr.3 car since the GT3 car and this are close enough - unless PD decides to be one make car?

that Au car is the Lexus RC F GT500 '16 - judging by the livery
So, I was researching about Challenge. The car is a street car with racing car elements, it even has two seats, like a track day car, in the style of a McLaren P1 GTR, Ford GT MKII, Pagani Zonda R, Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport, etc. 488 Challenge Evo lap times are generally four seconds above the GT3 cars and four seconds below the GT4 cars.

Therefore, it's likely to be a one make car.

This does not mean that PDI will not be able to create events emulating the Ferrari Challenge races in World Circuits and Sport Mode.

Last edited:
So, I was researching about Challenge. The car is a street car with racing car elements, it even has two seats, like a track day car, in the style of a McLaren P1 GTR, Ford GT MKII, Pagani Zonda R, Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport, etc. 488 Challenge Evo lap times are generally four seconds above the GT3 cars and four seconds below the GT4 cars.

Therefore, it's likely to be a one make car.

This does not mean that PDI will not be able to create events emulating the Ferrari Challenge races in World Circuits and Sport Mode.
it would most likely be BOP'd up to a Gr.3 standard so less weight and more power to make up the 4 secs

Back